Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM       
They don't know if Venus was an Earth-like planet, for sure. That's not even the point, you jackass.
The point is that venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because heat can't escape it (you might've learned that in elementary school, I know I did) and that the reason heat can't escape it is because it has a c02 rich environment.

"I'm really not concerned, and I don't care to argue about it."

Then maybe you should, uh i dont know, shut the fuck up?
why do people like you even talk? Satanists are so retarded. IM GOING TO INSERT my oPINION BUT DONT gET CONFUSED. IM TOO SMUG TOO CARE. AND I SMOKE EXPENSIVE CIGARS OUT OF A PIPE. CAUSE THAT S SAUVE. I"M SOPHISTAFUNK.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM       
They don't know if Venus was an Earth-like planet, for sure. That's not even the point, you jackass.
The point is that venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because heat can't escape it (you might've learned that in elementary school, I know I did) and that the reason heat can't escape it is because it has a c02 rich environment.

"I'm really not concerned, and I don't care to argue about it."

Then maybe you should, uh i dont know, shut the fuck up?
why do people like you even talk? Satanists are so retarded. IM GOING TO INSERT my oPINION BUT DONT gET CONFUSED. IM TOO SMUG TOO CARE. AND I SMOKE EXPENSIVE CIGARS OUT OF A PIPE. CAUSE THAT S SAUVE. I"M SOPHISTAFUNK.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:23 PM       
These are the I-Mockery Forums. Random jabbering is what people do here. If I feel like saying something, I will.

Chris, do you have some sort of lingering grudge against me, or are you on my case because you just don't have anything better to do?
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:25 PM       
Oh, and I learned a lot of things in elementary school that turned out not to be true. Try another angle.
BANNED

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 06:26 PM       
Well, it's the i-mockery philosophy forums. Making fun of stupidity and showing why it's stupid is kind of what we do here.

i dont have a grudge or anything dude i just disagree with you/think you're acting ridiculous.
Preechr won't respond to any of these threads, he gets too frustrated when he gets in arguments ;o [/taunt]
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 07:13 PM       
I'm glad we cleared that up. The Internet is the best place to act ridiculous, you know. In real life, of course, I'm too busy being dark and scary to do things like this.

Want me to start a new thread about how AIDS isn't caused by a virus and doctors are killing people by giving them drugs for HIV? I'm sure you'd love that.
BANNED

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM       
it's not like i mentioned that you learned it in elementary school as the FACT OF THE MATTER
the "fact of the matter" was already stated. It doesn't need an "ANGLE."
How the hell would angles make something more valid?

IF I SAY THIS FACT IN THIS WAY SOMEONE WILL THINK ITS BULLSHIT
BUT IF I ANGLE THIS FALSITY IN A GOOD WAY THEN IT WILL BE TRUE
ANGLES MAKE THIngS TRUE OR FALSE

you act like an annoying mystical magic moon fairy. "SCIENCE? SCIENCE HAS BEEN PROVEN WRONG BEFORE. YOUR IDEAS ARE SHIT." "ELEMENTARY SCHOOL? ELEMENTARY SCHOOL HAS BEEN PROVEN WROng befoRE. YOUR IDEA IS SHIT."
irrelevant.

I know all I have to do is say that it is OFFICIALLY ENDORSED BY THE CHURCH OF SATAN AND EGOS EVERYWHERE! and the vampire bible approves of it 100%!!! If you read and accept this theory, you will have eternal life. Fact.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 07:58 PM       
The point is that I think these things are incorrect, but the only justifications given for them in this thread are "everyone says it's true", and like you just said,

Quote:
venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because heat can't escape it (you might've learned that in elementary school, I know I did) and that the reason heat can't escape it is because it has a c02 rich environment
You said "I learned this in elementary school" like that makes it the most obvious thing in the world and only a moron would disagree. You didn't offer any other explanation. So I argued with the only bit of reasoning you gave me. If you want me to respond better than that, like I said, give me a better "angle" meaning argue in a different manner why what you say is true. Give me some compelling scientific explanation rather than telling me that there's some consensus on the issue or that any schoolchild knows it's true, and I'll respond to that.
BANNED

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 08:52 PM       
Uhh, I put it in parenthesis. Usually when people do that it means it's an ASIDE or just extra information.
I already posted the "Science."

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/...m?Object=Venus

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/l...reenhouse.html

http://www.ucar.edu/learn/1_3_1.htm

http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~soper/Venus/greenhouse.html

http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSc...ures/venus.htm

Last edited by kahljorn : Jun 7th, 2007 at 09:24 PM.
BANNED

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM       
like i said, the point was that venus has a c02 rich atmosphere and it's also the hottest planet in the solar system.
Try responding to that instead of responding with douchebaggery and picking on irrelevant topics.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 7th, 2007, 09:45 PM       
Alright. I just realized that this is just going to turn into a dick-waving link exchange because this is all science and no philosophy and we're not actually scientists. But I'll play one round at least. Here are the people I agree with on this issue:

http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=3jewx05w

http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=8gfbewe7
BANNED

Old Jun 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM       
*sigh*
You're so stupid it's depressing, perndog. I wasn't trying to have some link war. You asked for an "ANGLE."

I didn't give a damn about the angle. You did. I didn't want to have to post 30 million links. I just wanted to post an idea and get a response to it, that's all. OK? OK? IS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND OR IS IT NOT GETTING INTO YOUR RETARDED FACE? IF YOU ACT LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE ILL JUST IGNORE YOU BECAUSE I HOLD YOU TO HIGHER STANDARDS THAN RANDOM MORONS AND I EXPECT YOU TO FULFILL MY FUCKING STANDARDS MOTHERFUCKER.

I'll read your links, though.
"Holoscience" sounds like a science skepticism website, though.
BANNED

Old Jun 8th, 2007, 12:38 AM       
Well, that was an interesting read, and it actually answered my question, by providing an alternative, which was, I thought, very productive. I thought that they reamed people for thinking, "VENUS AND THE EARTH ARE NOT TWINS" for so long to be extremely annoying, though. i never thought that personally and I can't see how anybody could take it literally.
That website did seem to concede that c02 can have an effect on the environment, they said it would be minor though. Maybe they just said that as a uh... rhetorical statement, though.

My next questions would be:
Preechr already brought up water pollution. What about ozone depletion? IS THERE SCIENTIFIC VALIDITY OR INVALIDITY?

Last edited by kahljorn : Jun 8th, 2007 at 02:34 AM.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 08:22 AM       
Sorry, I know it didn't need to be just a link exchange and I wanted to give you the gist of the argument from that source, but I had to leave home and didn't have enough time to write more.

I'm not sure about ozone depletion, but I already try not to get too much direct sunlight since my dad got cancer on his face twice. Maybe I'll look into the science on that one later. I've heard things like "the carbon dioxide accumulation makes up for the thinning ozone," "the fact that an ozone hole opened over the South Pole, where there are no people, suggests that human activity isn't the cause," and "oh shit we're all going to die." I don't know which is accurate.

Last edited by Perndog : Jun 8th, 2007 at 10:21 AM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 01:35 PM       
I like the "the ozone hole over the south pole acts as an iris that dilates and contracts in order for the environment to fix its own problem" theory because, once again, it cuts me out of the equation and I don't have to worry about anything

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 8th, 2007, 06:06 PM       
From what I've read, the ozone hole actually isn't considered a major factor in global warming by serious environmentalists. It just still sees a lot of attention because it's easily quantified, which makes it scary, and conservatives can use the fact that it is arguably innocuous to create a strawman argument.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

Old Jun 8th, 2007, 08:52 PM       
I didn't really mean it as far as it contributes to global warming. I just mean does it exist and is it negative. That's why I brought it up in the same sentence as water pollution ;o
because lots of people like to act like cutting down on pollution would be a waste of money...

Another thing is air pollution. The place where i live almost always has an, "Unhealthy" air quality.