Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 11:34 PM        code wizard?!
is anyone here really awesome at css?! i have a website with a css menu that validates (both xhtml and css) and works fine in ie, but in firefox, it's there but acts like it's not. none of the links work; i can't even highlight the text. anyone?
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 11:39 PM       
Do you have a link? I can take a look in Opera and Safari.
ineffable

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:05 AM       
http://www.viabledesign.com/angelicwhispers/memb.html

the menu in question is currently float:right--the "our directors" and "our members" one on this page. the top (main) menu appears to be working fine in both ie and firefox.

thanks.
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 12:20 PM       
Well it seems that your level with CSS is probably higher than mine, but I took a look anyway. :P

The column is on the left and seems to appear normal in the browsers I tried (Opera, Safari, and IE6). The only problems I noticed were that the main header runs out of image if the browser exceeds a certain width, and the dreambook table at the bottom doesn't show up right in Opera or Safari (but looks ok in IE6):

I checked your code and I was wondering why the dreambook table was done with html table tags and not done in the css file like the others?
ineffable

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM       
thanks for checking it out. i guess i need to download a few more browsers to check with...

about the header image width: how wide should i take it?!

i had added the dreambook code from their site and just dumped it when moving from the html site, which i just did this week... so i hadn't gotten around to switching it till today.

you must've checked the site while i was busy rearranging things to find the problem. :P the menu should be without bullets and with divisions between[*]s. here:

i took out everything piece by piece to find out what would cause the links to work in firefox. if i take out the "float: right," the menu works fine, but it's, of course, on the left and the rest of the page text clears it--meaning there's nothing to the right of the menu but white space. that sucks. with the float in (even "left"), i cannot get it to work in firefox period.

i've googled this for way too long now, and i'm pretty sick of the whole site (especially that ultra-pink rose thingy at the top that i hate to begin with ) right now. i keep telling myself this-is-how-you-learn. :P it'll-all-be-worth-it-in-the-end. that's how it was when i was learning html back in the day. so one day...[/img]
ineffable

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:24 PM       
okay, well, i figured it out myself. i had the menu underneath the content div, apparently. so i gave it a margin, and voila!
TERRIBLE BEAT
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM       
Looks great in Safari and Opera now - nicely done. Sorry I wasn't more help, but the upside is at least now I know who to turn to when I have CSS questions! :P
ineffable

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:34 PM       
thanks!