Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 05:23 PM       
I came to like Necco wafers.

I was poor.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM       
I use them as gingerbread house shingles and that's about it.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
Necco Wafers are garbage.

One time when I was a little kid, I got in trouble and couldnt go trick or treating and my mom made me hand out candy.

anyways there was this bitch who lived up the street that I hated and when she came to my house she was like "trick or treat!" and I put a handful of rocks and a small box of staples in her bag. She thought I gave her candy.

My favorites were always anything gummy.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 10:09 PM       
you gave her a box of staples?

you got ripped off
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 11:59 PM       
I always loved it when I got those little peanut butter squares. The ones that are white and with black stripes on them. Crunchy like Butterfingers.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 12:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
you gave her a box of staples?

you got ripped off
i gave her a box of my moms staples who was the bitch that didnt let me trick or treat.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:23 AM       
i wish i'd kept the hundred-some boxes of off-off brand conversation hearts that I got on clearance when the $1 store went out of business last june

just so I could have handed them out this year and won this thread
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:04 AM       
Any opinion on fast food place coupons? I always got a few of them and never got around to using them.

I used to be au pair to a family with 14 kids, and McDonalds was running a promotion where you got free something (I think cocoa and cookies) if you came in in costume, and so they went there every year. They were like that Duggar family, they completely exploited every "kids eat free" thing they could find. One year I dressed up as a nun and everyone thought I was really a nun taking orphans around
Prepare for time warp.
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM       
The only ones acceptable are the ones for a free frosty from wendy's.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM       
I got tired of having to fish candy from three separate bowls every Halloween. So this year I went out and got a GIANT candy bag.

There's a little over 20 pounds of candy in there and you can just make out the edge of the candy pile!
And that snake is the prize for best costume this year. It's one of those "magic" growing toys that are supposed to grow 600% if put in water.
And this one is already 15" long! It's so large I thought it was just a toy snake at first.

Here's a better view of what's inside the bag. Makes my teeth hurt just to look at it.
I'd say that I'm pretty well prepared for when the trick-or-treaters come knocking on my door this year.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I don't like Good & Plenty, though, which I remember getting a lot of. My dad loved them though.
Is good & plenty the ones that are licorice flavored?

I don't enjoy licorice in any form
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM       
The worst candy I remember was the mexican candys handed out. There was some sort of candy that looked like a cookie with a rose on it. I think it was made of ashes. blech.
Then there was tamorind/chili concoctions, one was a paste candy and some were lollipops.
Last was some kind of hard candy with a picture of fruit on it. It was ok till you got to the middle. The middle had some kind of fizzy powder in it that tasted like a fruity alka seltzer.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM       

It's peanut marizipan? Tasted like ashes.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I don't enjoy licorice in any form
The only licorice things I really like are Black Jack gum and the old Jones Black Cat Licorice Soda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_squared View Post
The worst candy I remember was the mexican candys handed out. There was some sort of candy that looked like a cookie with a rose on it. I think it was made of ashes. blech.
Then there was tamorind/chili concoctions, one was a paste candy and some were lollipops.
Last was some kind of hard candy with a picture of fruit on it. It was ok till you got to the middle. The middle had some kind of fizzy powder in it that tasted like a fruity alka seltzer.
I've never heard of the de la Rosa candy (though the description sounds like chocolate covered Mary Janes).
The fizzy candy sounds similar to Zotz, which are awesome.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 07:50 PM       
I went out today and bought 2 bags of random mini candy bars and this bag of 12 skittle dispenser things. There are ghosts that glow in the dark and pumpkins that just sit there and look adorable. Dextire's spread has made me feel embarrassed so I think I might go out and get another big random assorted bag just to fill up the bucket.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM       
I've seen really downright irresponsible mexican candy at Jungle Jims. Once I am almost sure I saw either condoms or folded balloons actually encased in hard candy.

My favorites are the tamarind ones that say "THE FLESHY PART OF FRUT".

I'm still going with my full-size snickers/milky way assortment.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM       
I love snickers but in the same vein, I hate hate hate milky ways. Milky ways, 3 musketeers, and almond joys are the ones that other people like but I absolutely hate.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I used to love getting those tiny boxes of candy that looked like thin pieces of chalk. Also, King-Size stuff.

I never really got shitty stuff like apples and Necco wafers (which I didn't mind when I did). I don't like Good & Plenty, though, which I remember getting a lot of. My dad loved them though.
Good 'n Plenty seem to be a dad thing. My dad loves them too.

Dads.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:09 AM       
i like good n plentys :suicidetime
OH GOD
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM       
DOESNT MATTER NOW I'M DEAD :spooky :ghost
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 12:44 PM       
I'm giving out mini-bags of microwave popcorn this year, which I know kids will like, but not as much as candy- so I am giving a handful of candy along with each bag of popcorn. I'm thinking about somehow including blow-pops, I always got excited when I got those as a kid.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:32 PM       
For all you people that have a special prize for best costume. How do you know? What if the first one is really great but all the other ones are crap? HOW CAN YOU EVER BE SURE?
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:41 PM       
That is where I'd have problems also. If someone has such a great costume but is the first in the door, I would be wary to give it out. Unless you're taking the kids names and numbers. If that's the case, welcome to jail Don Carlson.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dextire View Post
The fizzy candy sounds similar to Zotz, which are awesome.
Zotz were good, these were imitation Zotz, the wrappers were not colorful or fun like the Zots either.