Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 11:13 AM        PSYCHIC POLITICAL PREDICTION THREAD
I want to start with two caveats.

1.) I am by nature an alarmist.
2.) I start with the assumption that this administration would declare martial law before relinquishing power.

That said, If polls show the general election as even being close, I think W. and company are going to pull a Nixon. They will commit some heinous crime shortly before the election to ensure victory and cross their fingers they don't get caught afterwords, or that if they do they can weather the storm.

Rumsfeld already laid the groundwork. He said in an interview that a 'spider hole' the size of sadams could have held a huge amount of WMD and look how long it took them to find that. My best guess is a few days before the election, WMD will be discovered. As a model they'll use the bogus uranium claims they peddled before. Sure, they were obvious forgeries, but the Whitehouse got fooled too, so it's not their fault. Sorting out who did what could take more than four more years and there are all sorts of folks who could be made to take a fall along the way without getting anywhere near W.

My prediction that goes along with this one is that during the Republican convention or again, shortly before the election itself Regan's death will be announced and W. will be crowned his spiritual heir. I say announced because I cynically believe the old Gippers been on ice for a while now.

These predictions only come into play if the polls are close, and I expect tons of minor league dirty tricks along the way. Look for an old Rove favorite, electronic bugs discovered in RNC, Whitehouse or commitee to re-elect headquarters. This is good one, because all you have to do to incriminate the other side is find them.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 02:37 PM       
BLACK METAL NATION
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 04:05 PM       
That essay was one of the best things I've read in a long time.

phnompehn is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM       
If you're right, it sounds like we're in for quite an interesting decade. I'm sure the American History teachers of the future will create many a group project about it too. Maybe macaroni paintings or posterboards will be included. Either way, it'll count for 1/3rd of the final grade.