Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
CASE WAS CLOSED DOUCHE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
I am a trekkie. Douche is optional.

BTW Great review. I too must see this film. Maybe next weekend
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:08 PM       
i hate the whole trekkie/trekker argument, it's like they think they're some sort of minority group or something i'm gonna just call them "midgets" or "retarded" from now on how does that grab you
Forum candy dispenser

pezjohnson is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:45 AM       
I guess I'm the only one that was so bothered by the Lens Flare. Then I read on I09 that it was intentional, and shot practically. I understand that the future is all shiny, but it shouldn't keep me from seeing the people's faces. Other than that, I really like the whole movie, just not the glare.
Forum Virgin
EzraSmith is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:01 AM       
I'm a big Star Trek fan, but I'm sure I'll hate this movie. People calling it "90210 in Space" and saying that in a positive sense pretty much tells me this film sucks.
That guy...
BigMonkeyMan is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:15 AM       
Well, I just saw the movie tonight and I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while (last one was DragonBall: Evolution. shudder...) I've been watching Star Trek since "Next Generation" and was pretty happy with the way they presented the "reboot" to the series. I never found the original "Star Trek" interesting, so maybe the new cast can pull me in.
Forum Virgin
peh_ is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM       
For those that are interested, there is an awesome podcast with the screenwriters of Trek... I tried to find a link but the website doesn't allow direct downloads. Just find "Creative Screenwriting" on itunes and it should be there. Answered a lot of questions I had about the flic and made me appreciate it a lot more... Well worth your time.
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
You mean the same screenwriters who wrote Transformers? I have a bad feeling about this.
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2009, 10:53 PM       
I haven't cared about Star Trek since Next Generation ended (Deep Space Nine was balls), but this movie was awesome.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:34 PM       
I'm sure I'll check it out sometime. I just wish William Shatner was involved somehow.
Forum Virgin
whoareyou is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM       
The Graphic Novel Prequel explains the weapons on board the mining ship. After Romulan is destroyed Nero and his crew run into a group of renegade romulans who have stolen Borg tech and they use the Borg tech to pimp Nero's ride. Also in the prequel he is allowed on board the Enterprise (under Captain Data) and has access to the computers and studies the history of the Federation, particular one James T. Kirk, so I assume that's how he knew Kirk's dad was on board that ship.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM       
I dug the part where the Wookie goes into the wormhole and comes out the other end and Leonard Nimoys like this Old Wookie dying in a bed and then a space baby gets born.
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 11:00 PM       
I just saw it tonight. I loved it!

There's not much to say that hasn't already been said, but I want to point out that Nimoy being in this film really helped to "legitimize" it for me. Seeing him really helped it feel like an actual Trek movie, and not just some "Summer Blockbuster" based on Star Trek.

But, really it was a great movie, and I'm pretty much with Proto on what he's said.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:20 PM       
Damn fine motion picture. I loved how Urban and Pegg captured the essence of Kelley (the country doctor in space) and Doohan (the eccentric unorthodox engineering genius). It's a shame that they both passed away before this film was released - I would like to have seen their reactions.
A little slice of wisdom
wastedsage is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:14 PM       
According to Reelz Channel, the director said that they're already hard at work at the script for the second movie. Well if the first movie was good, why can't they just bring the goddamned show back?!
testtube is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:09 PM       
I never knew Battlefield Earth would have a such a lasting impact on the sci-fi genre. Every single fucking shot in this movie was at a canted angle with lens flare blinding everything, the other view is the camera shaking around to where you can't even tell what the fuck is going on. I never got out to see many summer blockbusters after the first Matrix so maybe I'm behind the times despite being the target audience age, I fucking cannot stand 2 second cut scenes of 700 CGI sprites flinging across the screen while the camera is sitting on a paint mixer. It really sucks, its not EXXXTREEEEME or IN-10-NSE it just makes me wish that stupid fucking style never caught on, I feel like I'm getting ripped off.

That aside this was a damn great Star Trek movie. I like watching an episode of the classic series like once every 5 years or so and I remember seeing the classic films a bunch when I was a kid and past that the other spinoffs suck ass and Trekkies are fucking pathetic. This movie is full of raw sexy nubile flesh, attractive faces, no wonder fat endowed Trekkies hate it so much, barely qualifying as humans themselves, I think its hilarious their last refuge from reality has been tainted by the lean buttocks of mass appeal. It seems everything imaginable in a summer blockbuster was tried and parts of this movie come off as really generic, going through a familiar exercises in making sure it resembles the trailers for UP and Transformers Again shown beforehand. The humor with the bloated hands, or Scotty getting sucked humorously through some water pipes in the engine room, the part where some big monster chases Kirk on Hoth, it could have been any movie at that point. The action really slowed the movie down for me, becoming another generic process of A-B-C mind on hold flick making, there was nothing special about it. Maybe making the action a bit slower but focusing on more surreal aspects of, maybe even basking in some silence more, making them a bit more eerie would change things up. This movie just wanted to please everyone and I can't fault it for that.

I think this is the only movie I've seen so far this year in a theater and its damn good. The new cast is all good, I look forward to a sequel now that the set up is out of the way. I hope they make a damn movie finally living up to the fucking speech made on all the episodes and actually show them discovering shit, weird shit, instead of just a bunch of action plot oriented flicks. Yeah you know that won't happen...
Pygmy Extraordinaire
Location: In a home that scares my neighbors by having body parts on my balcony all year long
LittleDollClaudia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2009, 12:59 AM       
Star Trek was incredible. But watching it in IMAX was very unsettling. I felt like I had ridden a roller coaster over and over after I had just had my last meal.

Even with that flip flop feeling in my stomach, I would recommend it.

~zydrate comes in a little glass vial..~Graverobber, Repo! The Genetic Opera
Banned

Ranana_Pems is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 05:41 AM        Weekly Movie Review Star Trek
Great review for a great game.

I hope the positive word of mouth keeps spreading and the copies keep coming off the shelves.