Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 02:53 AM        Analog and it's fate
What a shame that analog can not seem to thrive in a digital world. The reason why I am paying 1k to see My Bloody Valentine in New Jersey is because they blew me the fuck away. They only play in analog and it really made the difference. If a digital set up played that loud, the crisp would have been choppy. Mix masters still rub vinyl, but that wont keep it afloat. We are gonna lose something organic about the way we hear music, watch films, and view photographs.

I'm all about pushing digital to it's limits, but I will always miss the warmth analog provides.

I wish everyone had a chance to listen to Sabbath's N.I.B. on wax.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 06:00 AM       
Yeah, I like listening to wax. Oh well, what are you going to do?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 12:59 AM       
me too i have lots of candles with intriguing opinions
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2009, 02:31 AM       
The only place where it really makes a difference is in sound. In practical terms, at least.

I mean, analog photos maintain a certain aesthetic and people will like it as they always did, but reallistically, it's not the best quality for the masses. Analog will be the king of audio for a long time, methinks, and no amount of bitrates can change that.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM       
If you can tell the difference between digital and analog your either full of shit or your stereo is inferior. All sound must be amplified by an ANALOG device. Theres no such thing as an all digital amplifier, it just doesn't work that way. In fact, most consumer grade audio equipment is based on the same 20 pin microchip called the TDAxxxx (x would be the application number). If you open anyhting in your home I can guarantee you will find shitloads of this same basic chip.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM       
The problem is that the source is digital.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM       
Yeah, it's all speakers, but the difference between a .mp3 and a 45 is definitely noticeable.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM       
I think it's worth drawing a distinction between different digital formats. MP3 is a compressed format designed for portability rather than quality. The way it works is, among other things, to cut off the high and low end of the spectrum which is why some people notice it lacking the range of analogue media. Other digital formats are loss-less which should mean they retain the full range of sounds present in the original (or at least those perceivable to the human ear).

Of course if you're talking about the source of the music - the recording equipment - then I have nothing constructive to add.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 08:59 PM       
Do you prefer CDs or tapes bitch?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM       
Actually, since I don't drive or leave the house. I prefer my old tapes and vinyl. But if I was ever on the move again, I would settle for this new dumbed down form of sound.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 11:05 PM       
See deez nutz bitch!
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 08:49 PM       
I'm too young to know what vinyl sounds like but I'm intrigued. My dad has basicly half our basement full of records but doesnt let me go near them because he thinks I'll fuck them up. Like how my mom destroyed part of his 30-year old easyriders collection.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Ask him to play one for you.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
ok
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM       
Tell him youve been listening to old school beastie boys and want to try reproducing thier sound.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 07:15 PM       
Hangie: I belive you said your pop is an old skate punk, I'm sure he would be willing to play N.I.B. for you and might even let you drink your first beer.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Actually, since I don't drive or leave the house. I prefer my old tapes and vinyl. But if I was ever on the move again, I would settle for this new dumbed down form of sound.
Why don't you drive or leave the house?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM       
He's dying an agonizing death. Or perhaps something worse than death, if I remember correctly.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM       
Well, I don't drive because I don't actually have a need to and I owe 4000 dollars to get my license back as well, and I don't leave the house because this little town 2 hours above LA has nothing to do. I'll go to shows and amusement parks and sometimes the gun range, but I don't work so I really don't need a car.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM       
You should fix all that before it's too late.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM       
I'm still working of paying medical bills. I'll get to it eventually.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
What are you, Hulk Hogans son?