Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:36 AM        CHOJINATOR:
Hello. Once more I need help with the aid of you "733t photoshop skillz" or whatever it's called.

I'm preparing some big A1 sheets for my architecture portfolio in photoshop, and most of them involve copy 'n pasting lots of digital images (site photos, model photos, CAD 3D models etc) onto the big work area.

The problem is, everytime I cunt 'n paste, it creates a new layer. Which is fine - until you're into layer 127 or so. Anyway I can group some of the images together? For example I've got a load of video stills which I want to crop and place in a celluloid film graphic kinda thing - grouping them all into one layer would be sweet.

And then there's the issue of actually drawing stuff like the celluloid in photoshop. I just need black strip with white holes punched into it like a piece of film, but so far the only way I've been able to do this is in paint shop or similar, then importing the bitmap. Never an easy task.

Any help would be met with huge hugs and kisses!! (not really)

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 04:59 AM       
To the left of every layer are two boxes. The first box locks and unlocks the layer and the second links and unlinks it. To merge pictures into one layer, select a layer containing a picture, then click the 'link' box of all the other layers you want merged. Then go to Layers -> Merge linked. Or just hit Ctrl+E.

Another neat thing about linking layers is that if you don't merge them or have a selection in your work area, using the move tool will move everything in those layers simultaneously.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 06:49 AM       
Marvellous
Mocker

Captain Robo is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2003, 08:21 AM       
MSPAINT 2.0 8-)