Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 06:25 PM        HAY GUYZ WE BOUGHT A 360
We got an elite, it came with Forza 2 and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and I already had Halo 3 legendary edition, and we also got Crackdown, Beautiful Katamari, and Viva Pinata. And and and I bought Marathon 2 off of x-box live arcade and it's honestly an amazing port of the game.

My gamertag is Chojin Six and MLE's is SnazzyMLE

I've already added Noob3, but what are you guys' tags?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM       
WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HOLD OUT FOR THE FALCON TOGETHER

TOGETHER

;_;
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 08:02 PM       
The elite blows up too :<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM       
yeah, but I bought an intercooler which promises to reduce the heat to "barely plasmatic" temperatures. So now it's EVEN LOUDER.

But yes, I know it has heat problems, but from what I was reading online, they're not shipping falcons until they've cleared their current stock, which makes sense if your only priority as a company is increasing the depth of the pool FILLED WITH MONEY IN WHICH YOU TAKE BRISK SWIMS IN THE TWILIGHT. And I didn't want to wait anymore, what with Smackdown VS Raw 08 coming out next week.

AND, when/when it blows up, we'll send it off for repairs and still be mostly unaffected because the Wii still gets the most play out of our systems, and after it comes back from its month's tour of duty, it'll have the new chipset in it.

By the way, the Marathon 2 remake has exceeded my expectations a thousand-fold. It is god. damn. good. I think it actually controls better than Halo. Now if anyone else would play it online with me...
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 10:00 PM       
As a PC gamer I think Halo is clunky and gay and I only put up with the console version because my idiot friend refuses to get the PC one and play it with me
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Nov 11th, 2007, 10:01 PM       
but I'll still play the original Marathon 2 with you anytime

Or whenever I get around to downloading the enormous hi-res graphics pack
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 12:57 AM       
Chojin's resolve caved in! Guitar Woman still trying hard as he may to be cool! Will the world end?

If, on the off-chance everybody else you know decides to ostracize you, I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU.

XBL: Raggamofyn

You'll have to tell me how good Smackdown vs. Raw is.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 01:33 AM       
My gamertag is z0mb0id (zeros not Os) but lately I only ever play halo 3 and arcade games.

That was very funny. Well done.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:54 AM       
add me i really wanna hear how you talk, zomboid and his friends laugh at the way i talk lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 01:06 PM       
you did the right thing, chojin! NOW BUY GEARS :0
was never good
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:18 PM       
I refuse to buy gears of war ;<

And the only thing i caved on is when we got the 360 - I wanted to wait for the falcon model before, but the SIREN'S SONG of already owning Halo 3 and Smackdown VS Raw coming out this week was too much to bear ;<

Why oh why does no one play Marathon online with xbla ;< The matchmaking service for it's really shitty too; you can't just wait for a game to start, you have to keep pinging LOOK LOOK LOOK

In other news, Doom for 360 is retarded and terrible; they didn't change a GOD DAMN THING and are still selling it for $10. As in, it isn't widescreen, and deathmatch options are dick.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:22 PM       
Aren't you glad you previewed it before you bought it? You didn't buy it, did you?

Oh Chong.

Having fun with Halo 3?
was never good
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:24 PM       
Halo 3's a fun game, but running in deathmatch feels really slow. I guess I should be used to that since I used to play Kingpin all the time, but the difference in speed between Halo and Marathon is such that it's a huge shock every time I go back to Halo and suddenly I'm trapped in quicksand.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:49 PM       
My gamertag is KefkaGrim. I haven't played all that much 360 lately but will be again once I finish some other games. Gotta play Halo 3 some more and get COD4.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 03:01 PM       
I don't even know what Marathon is, but Halo 3 is really fun online. I need to buy it :o And Chojin, most of the time it's not me on caithiscaith, because my Xbox is at my friend's house right now. I'll be getting it back pretty soon, because Jen is wanting to buy Beautiful Katamari How is it, by the way?

Buy Deadrising, it should be cheap nowadays.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 03:17 PM       
I'm looking forward for the thread where Chojin whines about RROD.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM       
When does this "falcon" become available?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM       
I read someplace that the falcon isn't actually a new model of the 360 itself (which is what I thought it was) but is instead a smaller processor or something that's not prone to overheating, and that it's already been included in the shit-colored Halo 3 360s.
Charming
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:08 PM       
Yeah I read that too. It's basically a smaller, more energy efficient chipset. But I will wait to buy until it drops in regular boxes.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM       
The problem is the solder points between the processor and the graphics processor are breaking because A) They aren't properly secured (that 'ole X-Clamp thing I was talking about) and B) because the heat the combination puts out causes them to expand.

A smaller processor that puts out less hear or stronger clamps would fix the problem. The first of the Elite versions didn't come with the smaller processor (the Falcon), but I believe they do now. If not now, then the beginning of next year.

I dunno if they're puttin' them into the Premium and Arcade versions.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM       
Keaton421 here. I got an elite saturday, been playin the hell out of Halo. Can't wait to get CoD 4

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
was never good
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 08:53 PM       
Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 11:21 PM       
I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.
Charming
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 11:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I'm still holding out on the Xbox 360. I want one solely for some of the Xbox Live Arcade titles, but I'm not buyin' one until the overheating problem is less commonplace.
I'm waiting for one more price cut. What's the difference between all the versions, anyway?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 11:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Added everyone here so far!

So far my box doesn't even get hot, but I think that has more to do with the intercooler than anything.
Mine hasn't ever gotten hot. It might be because I never have it on the carpet or anything that could block the air flow, but its always fine.

That was very funny. Well done.