Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM        Teen wants friend's girlfriend, kills friend with cyanide.
Md. Teen Convicted of First-Degree Murder

ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (AP) - A teenager has been convicted of first-degree murder for spiking a romantic rival's soda with cyanide.

Ryan Furlough, 19, faces a maximum penalty of life without parole. Jurors deliberated about 2 1/2 hours before returning the verdict Monday.

Benjamin Vassiliev, 17, died Jan. 8, 2003, five days after he had a seizure at Furlough's suburban Baltimore home, where the two had been playing video games in the basement, prosecutors said.

Furlough laced his friend's drink with the poison because he was in love with Vassiliev's girlfriend, prosecutors said.

Defense attorney Joe Murtha said Furlough was taking an ``excessive dosage'' of Effexor, an anti-depressant that some experts say can increase suicidal thinking in adolescents.

``Something happened to Ryan Furlough that altered his ability to appreciate his own actions,'' Murtha said.

Vassiliev's father, Walter, said the verdict was just. ``I think this whole case was about good versus evil. ... (Benjamin) was the personification and embodiment of everything that is good,'' he said.

Furlough was scheduled to be sentenced July 20.

05/18/04 11:32

© Copyright The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained In this news report may not be published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:32 PM       
The world must be coming to an end if Satan and God both can be represented by two angsty teen agers playing video games in their mother's basement.
That is like some cruel zen joke. Zen jokes are always cruel... I am enlightened, somebody cut off my finger and point me to a shrubbery.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:55 PM       
I don't know how, but this is in some way George W Bush's fault. Can we connect him to this?

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:40 PM       
There's no way quicker to a woman's heart than by killing the man she loves.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2004, 03:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
I don't know how, but this is in some way George W Bush's fault. Can we connect him to this?
Yes. He is a shining exapmle of the "ends justify the means" philosophy. The kid's obviously a neo-con.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM       
The dead kid's father should also be put in jail for thinking too highly of his son.