Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 10:28 PM        Weekly Movie Review: Santa Claus: The Movie
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Santa Claus: The Movie.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM       
I never understood why this one is so underrated. Good review!

The Santa in this one never acted like I thought Santa would, and he reminded me of a Viking for some reason.
But my eight-year-old self didn't know the difference between a Viking and a yeti, so now in my family this Santa is forever known as Yeti Claus.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:25 AM       
Thanks...

Another interesting thing about the 25th anniversary edition is that it includes the hour-long "making-of" special, which is about half an hour longer than it needs to be but is interesting nonetheless. Not because of any technical stuff they reveal, but because Santa Claus stays in character the entire time, telling audiences that he wanted to take part in this biopic to make sure they got the story straight. All of the other actors play along.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 07:27 PM       
Quite possibly the best live action christmas movie ever!
Forum Virgin
nirvana_infinity is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM       
I've still got one of the books, too. The one that talks about how the elves make they toys. I remember clearly that one poor little guy who was painting with his beard.
toolz88 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2010, 12:11 AM       
Strange enough. The actor playing Santa, is none other than Jeff Labowski from The Big Labowski.
Sympathizes with the foo'
Mister Tea is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM       
Quote:
Strange enough. The actor playing Santa, is none other than Jeff Labowski from The Big Labowski.
Never mind that shit; here comes MONGO!! David Huddleston has been in quite a few pictures, including Blazing Saddles. But yeah, he was the old guy played Mr. Lebowski.
Billy Champman's Friend
Billy Chapman's Friend is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 05:58 PM       
I see that no one has posted on the movie for awhile, being it is February and this is a Christmas movie... BUT, for the record - this movie has and always will SUCK! My parents took me to the movie theater to see this film when it first came out back-in-the-day. I have never struggled so much in my life to stay awake during a movie. The reindeer do not fly on Christmas-Spirit, but are fed "magical" feed that makes them fly... Kinda like the "magical brownies" I used to eat in college. Then, all I can see is a "drunk" Arthur running around with his artifical Christmas-Spirit. Skip this movie... You'll thank me.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2012, 11:48 AM       
I just finished Judy Cornwell's (Mrs. Claus') autobiography, Adventures of a Jelly Baby, and while she doesn't really go too in-depth with her work on this movie, there are a couple of interesting anecdotes.

I guess during the "snowstorm" scene the fans were blowing the plastic snow into their mouths while they were trying to talk and damn near choked them.

Dudley Moore's dressing room was opposite hers and every morning he ate a huge dinner, then ate increasingly smaller meals throughout the day, as a means of staying thin. He was presented as odd, but affable.

On David Huddleston's birthday during filming, Dudley Moore hired a stripper and hid her amongst the elves to surprise him.

Between takes, elves shouted at her to show them her boobs.

At the end of filming, Dudley Moore told her he respected her because she could appreciate a good fart joke, and gave her a mix tape of fart sounds. Because her agent was being strict about getting a cut of everything, she made him a copy of the tape but didn't tell him what it was. He put it in while driving through a crowd with the windows open and reportedly "never forgave" her.