Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM       
My husband is a lineman. I have a high respect for those powerlines.
He was in an underground vault that blew up because the power was not de-energized correctly.

He now has some hearing loss, skin graphs over his face and head, and wrists, some lung damage and some back trama.

But couldn't wait to get back to work. If I think about it too much I worry for him, but he loves it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:06 PM       
Being a Journeyman electrician, I find that story hard to swallow.
Salticidae!
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM       
My story or kitsa's
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:10 PM       
I'm not claiming it false, I'm just saying that there was a really fucking stupid person involved. Two actually because work with high voltage transformers (I'm assuming it was a chraged transformer that blew up) should at least be double checked.
Salticidae!
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
Underground in Los Angeles. Very old cables. called it out to turn it off, ran a meter and got no read, ran a spike and got nothing, cut the cable and boom.
3 tests before the cut and all were wrong.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:17 PM       
Ok, that's just unlucky then :o
Salticidae!
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:22 PM       
the cable was mismarked. the correct cable was shut off. Later it was found out that sometimes wires when you have three and they twist they sometimes tweek the meter they used and you will not get a read, even if its live. therefore the spike. The spike missed all three wired in the cable, so they didnt ground out or whatever the spike was supposed to test.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM       
My childhood memories are starting to fade out but I am being reminded of how my phobia of amputees got started whenever I see one. It started in a swimming class at YMCA when I was 6 year old. This kid in my class had only one arm. It was my first time I've ever been exposed to amputees. It didn't get any better after my first time watching the movie The Swamp Thing on HBO. Now my body trembles whenever I am near an amputee. I would soil myself in the pants if I ever were inside the walter reed army medical center.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 04:51 PM       
And I thought I scared off the one armed girl that showed up here, but you probably sent her hate mail.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 01:41 PM       
When I was a child, it was autumn and I was playing in a pile of leaves. I threw a few handfuls into the air and thought that it would be a good idea to look up at them. Needless to say, I wound up with two eyefuls of dirt and leafy grit. My mom and grandparents (who were visiting) got me inside and my grandparents let my mom use some of their eye drops to help get the stuff out of my eyes. I was terrified of letting more things get in my eye and I pretty much had to be pinned to the bed and had my eyes pried open before the drops could get in. After that, it was along time before I played in leaves or felt safe with eyedrops.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 01:13 AM       
This actually happened to a friend of mine, but when he turned eight, his dad got sick of doing the Santa routine, so he told him and his older brother that he caught Santa breaking into the house, killed him, and buried him in the backyard.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:50 AM       
That's lovely.

We had some backwoods-style neighbors in one of the places I used to live. They raised rabbits in pens in the backyard and their kids and I would play with them. Then one day I went over and there were bloody rabbit skins everywhere. It was like a horror movie, I was like 5 years old going, "What happened to the bunnies?"

They also had a german shepherd/alsatian that used to chase my family's chihuahua. One time it got loose and chased our chihuahua around the front yard, and it must have been more threatening than I remembered, because the guy came and got his dog and dragged it off and shot it. I don't remember our dog even being hurt.

Gotta love rednecks.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM       
Holy cow... that's horrid!

Our city's zoo has a petting zoo which I'd go into when I was a child. In it are sheep and goats. Once, I kept following this one goat around until it chased me, butted me, and knocked me over. I wasn't hurt, but it was kind of surprising.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:43 AM       
I'm pretty sure everyone in the world has at some point in their childhood been attacked by a gaggle of geese.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:02 PM       
I was snapped at by a bird in a hut in a park (the park, really called "South Park", was very large and had many different areas to it and one area had little wooden roost-type structures with little birds in it).
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
(the park, really called "South Park", was very large and had many different areas to it and one area had little wooden roost-type structures with little birds in it).
Please, do tell us more.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM       
when i was younger, my parents and i were in blockbuster looking for a movie to rent. i wandered off to the horror movie section and found this movie "the pigman" or something like that. all i know is on the cover was this little kid, from the side, in like this british school outfit, holding a knife and wearing a pig mask over his head

the bathroom in my house leads into the middle of a hallway that has a light but people never turn it on (quite a big deal when you're like 7) and for the next year i couldn't leave the bathroom without creeping around both sides of the doorway and making sure no one (namely the pig man... or kid) was there waiting for me

i'm still pretty terrified of getting out of the bathroom late at night into the dark hallway
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 07:01 PM       
I remember seeing the opening of the movie "Lean on Me" where a female student has her shirt ripped off and then she's forcibly groped in the hallway. It really upset me as a kid.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
when i was younger, my parents and i were in blockbuster looking for a movie to rent. i wandered off to the horror movie section and found this movie "the pigman" or something like that. all i know is on the cover was this little kid, from the side, in like this british school outfit, holding a knife and wearing a pig mask over his head

the bathroom in my house leads into the middle of a hallway that has a light but people never turn it on (quite a big deal when you're like 7) and for the next year i couldn't leave the bathroom without creeping around both sides of the doorway and making sure no one (namely the pig man... or kid) was there waiting for me

i'm still pretty terrified of getting out of the bathroom late at night into the dark hallway
Might have been Motel Hell. Wasn't that bad.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:38 PM       
My friend was watching Look who's talking when he was young. Saw the fertilization scene in the beginning and threw up. Creeped him out ever since.
Insane Writer
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 08:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Please, do tell us more.
It wasn't populated by two-dimensional profane characters, just people who went to jog or walk their dogs. Or visit the stage for a concert. Or go ride the horses. Or go to the Ribs Cook-Off (until they canceled it).

Anyway, I remember when I first saw the Evolution trailer, I was really freaked out when there was the part of them considering cutting off a guy's leg because he had an alien bug crawling around inside of him. Now I think that scene's hilarious. Go figure.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM       
I watched Class of Nuke 'Em High when I was young. I guess that's more like childhood Troma though.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM       
that pun gave me a fatal aneurysm
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
That's the cover of The Butcher Boy
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 10:36 PM       
I gave my brother a couple of pretty good traumas. He watched horror movies obsessively; he'd watch the VHS tapes over and over until my mom would hide them. Even though he watched them over and over, they'd still spook the shit out of him.

One day I found a promotional Child's Play bumper sticker someone had left on the school bus. He was afraid of Chucky (he had a My Buddy doll he got rid of), so I waited until he was getting ready for his shower and taped the Chucky sticker in the bathroom closet at eye level. All you could see was Chucky's face leering out of the dark. It was great. After that, he always left the bathroom closet door open.

Then he got into the Blair Witch thing, which I thought was the dumbest shit around. He was one of those who thought it was a true story (he was still in elementary school). We lived out in the woods, so of course I had a great time hanging those stick people from trees and leaving bloody flannel-wrapped bundles of hair and "teeth" (squirrel corn broken and painted white) for him. He was freaked out by that for a long time.