Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 04:54 AM        PocketPC games and Apps?
Anyone know of any good PocketPC software?

I already have stuff like Skype and SimCity2000 but I fancy trying some new things out.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 03:43 PM       
There are GameBoy emulators, which is all you really need!
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 08:43 AM       
I broke my screen yesterday . Now I need to get a replacement which is going to cost, like £100
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM       
What's your Pocket PC? I've been thinking about getting a HP Jornada 720. They have Doom and Quake for it.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 09:22 AM       
I have an O2 XDA2. I guess it's more of a smartphone than a traditional PDA but it runs Windows Mobile so it does everything any other PocketPC can do.

PocketPC is a platform, much like PC or Mac. That means provided you have a decent enough processor in your device you can run any PocketPC software, i.e. You can probably get Doom and Quake for any PocketPC.
The PDA you mentioned looks more like a really small laptop running, like, Windows 2K or something. Not sure how useful it would be to be honest. Much like the new UMPC form factor it doesn't seem to be good for anything in particular. You may as well either get a ultra mobile notbook (Samsung Q30 or similar) which would be slighly larger but have far better functionality or a PocketPC which would be way smaller and do most of the important functions of the Jornada 720 (surfing the net, sending e-mails, writing notes, viewing appointments etc).
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2006, 12:28 PM       
It has a touch-screen, is compact, and is generally more accepted in a scholarly setting than a notebook. Besides, the Jornada is discontinued, finding a cheapo on eBay is a sinch. And I like tinkering with things. And it can run Linux fairly well.

It looks like something I could take apart and have fun with.
You're right, it pretty much is a smaller notebook. I just could never get used to holding one of those palm-sized things in one hand and tap with the other. I need a keyboard. Haha, but to each his own, eh?

Anyway, as it is more relevent than my discussion of Handhelds, I found this site translated from Spanish via Google.
http://translate.google.com/translat...ASCII&oe=ASCII
It's got plenty of games and apps for you to toy around with.
Whenever you find something you wanna download, just click on the Globe with the mouse thing a the bottom of the page. It'll take you to the proper page.

I recommend Pocket TV, it allows you to play .mpg format video.