Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:54 AM       
guys i always meant to play earthbound but i never really got past the first 10 minutes without completely forgetting about it

maybe i should try again now maybe?
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:13 AM       
YES

Although it does start out slow until things start picking up after the first "Your Sanctuary" location. Mostly because the beginning is the most time you'll spend focusing on levelling up and if you're at Lv 11 or so before the first boss then it's not something you'll even really have to think about anymore afterwards.

So yeah, right now I'm spending about an hour fighting a bunch of skate punks and Yes-Man Juniors before I face Frank :o

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 12:02 PM       
Am I the only one that thought of TV's Frank from Mystery Science Theater 3000 when I was fighting Frank in Earthbound? For some reason, I just envisioned that fight taking place.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland View Post
I am
I probably would too if I had a snes lying around. Maybe not even then though, cause save state is awesome.

Milhouse I think I'm a little ahead of you. I'm about to see the runaway five and head to zombie town.

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM       
I could play it on the SNES but my copy has a loose save chip thing so if it gets shaken it tends to delete everything

Plus I like fast forward
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I probably would too if I had a snes lying around. Maybe not even then though, cause save state is awesome.
Oh man I know. I always tell myself not to use save states so I could stay true to the game, but every time I play this I always get killed by Mondo Mole about six times before I remember what his major weakness once so I always end up cheating

And yeah I like fast forwarding Runaway Five shows and those trips you take in Dr. Andonuts's flying saucer thing because they take like five minutes. That and that one long wait behind the waterfall you have to do.

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM       
Does anyone else skip most of the Sanctuary bosses until just before you fight Diamond Dog?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:33 PM       
Yeah, that waterfall wait is bullshit so I skip past that. As for mondo mole... One time, I completely forgot about that area and came back and fought him when I had all 4 party members and way pretty high leveled. This time I just destroyed him with psi thunder.

edit: I kinda just replied to emu without knowing it :O

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:38 PM       
Yeah but I do that on purpose every time I play ;(
The Wolf
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 05:42 PM       
I don't cause I like all the experience I get from taking them out and it JUST FEELS RIGHT.

Don't forget to keep talking to that guy in the twoson hotel table until he gives you money :O

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:10 PM       
I don't either for the same reason. It gives me a sense of game progression. :o

I also fast forward to get through those messages of encouragement with the trippy backgrounds when you drink the coffee at Saturn Valley and Tenda Village.

I'm on my way to Twoson now, thanks for the tip Zomboid I never knew that

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:21 PM       
This is one of the most enjoyable RPGs ever made and I really need to play again. Now I can be on the go and play it too, so bonus!

One thing I noticed about it is that it is very well styled and intricate in the visuals. I like the color choices.

I'M GONNA PLAY RIGHT NOW.
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:24 PM       
I've only beaten Carpainter (the Happy Happyist cult leader guy), after that I got tired of playing it on a keyboard. But I really like it.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM       
ok I'm starting this puppy up tonight, it's going to be a real laugh.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 08:22 PM       
any1 who fast forwards runaway five does not know how to play earthbound while enjoying some fine marijuana

emulators are for homos
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:42 PM       
earthbound always cheers me up tons!

i am just about to go in the destert now but i havent gotten to play in like 3 weeks
Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:44 PM       
When Brick Road follows you around in the desert it plays the opening riff from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Wolf
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 09:50 PM       
Fuck threed is a fun town but not as cool as fourside. I dunno why that is.

MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:18 PM       
man every time i play this game i'm all "i'm not gonna call his favorite food dicks i'm not gonna call his favorite food dicks" but then the mom is all "how about we all eat some dicks" or something and i cant help myself
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:06 PM       
Do you guess pronounce "Onett" so that it rhymes with "bonnet" or "cunt"?

I'm at Peaceful Rest Valley now, which is by far my least favorite part of the game. The damn spaceships keep giving me colds and I always run out of PP because I can't find butterflies. I don't think I've ever crossed it in one try

The Wolf
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:11 PM       
Oh-net!

Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:20 PM       
Also when I first played this game I kept on imagining what the "Five" town would be called, but I never ever got there

Fivetown

Level 29 ♂
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 11:28 PM       
I call it 1-net
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 12:39 AM       
Arn't the runaway 5 a real band? they did the lady from pinsecola?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 01:37 AM       
"mothers understand these things- eat some shit and scoot up to bed" lol