Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 01:48 PM        Saddam sets oil wells on fire.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,81673,00.html

....yet environmentalist libs still support him.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 01:59 PM       
Yes they do. WOO SADDAM! TORCH EM, BUDDY!

This certainly sucks for everybody. No good for the Iraqis and no good for the allied forces. However, this might not be a specific action per Saddam's orders, but an attempt by fleeing Iraqis to ruin the booty. By which I don't mean to defend Saddam (even though I'm 100% BEHIND HIM BABY! YEAH!), but it might mean that we won't be seeing this all over Iraq for the coming weeks.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 02:03 PM       
...because we all know he was planning on burning those oil wells today anyway. This is the a prime example of why environmental libs protested a war, because they knew things like this would happen.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 02:22 PM       
Exactly Bennett, exactly.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 02:49 PM       
Ronnie, are you capable of being less of a jerk? I haven't heard anyone, here or elsewhere 'support' Saddam Huessein. This story is on every media outlet there is, and yet you choose foxnews. It's a wonder you didn't go with Newsmax. Their are environmentalists of all stripes, as todays defeat of Anwar drilling should make plain. Environmentalism has no speciffic tie to liberalism. Annd I don't know any liberals who support Saddam.

Unless and OF COURSE you are so utterly SIMPLE that disagreeing with this war or this president is the same as supporting Saddam.

Setting oil wells on fire is a bad thing. Saddam is a bad man. Do you really think anyone disagrees with either of those statements? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you hate liberals so much you need to say shit like that? Or do you feel compelled to lie?

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:00 PM       
That's b/c conservative are simplists. They think that it can only be 2 ways, black or white. As Dubya said, "if you aren't for us, well, wait what was it Cheney...oh yeah, you are against us". It's not like most think in that, we aren't exactly for you, that doesn't mean we SUPPORT Hussein. I actually had a discussion with someone who asked me if I would've supported Hitler...um, hi, no, that doesn't mean I would've supported entering the war before we were bombed either.

There are shades of gray that can't be eliminated from the spectrum.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Ronnie, are you capable of being less of a jerk? I haven't heard anyone, here or elsewhere 'support' Saddam Huessein. This story is on every media outlet there is, and yet you choose foxnews.
During the War on Terrorism deal, a Norwegian channel whose stock majority is owned by Fox broadcasted FOX News whenever they didn't broadcast their own schedule. It made me sick to my stomach. I can't believe they discribe themselves as 'fair and balanced'.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:15 PM       
"a Norwegian channel whose stock majority is owned by Fox broadcasted FOX News"

WOW - what a FARCE. I cant believe Fox would have the sheer BALLS to broadcast their own feed.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 04:52 PM       
Quit trying to score points, Pants. He wasn't calling the fact that Fox broadcasts Fox News stupid - he was calling Fox News stupid.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:15 PM        Re: Saddam sets oil wells on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
....yet environmentalist libs still support him.
Oh shut up, twit.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
but an attempt by fleeing Iraqis to ruin the booty.
As I write this, we are no where near the wells.

Even though this is all about oil, we have yet to secure the primary objective. Even though they aren't heavily guarded and would be relatively easy to secure from Iraqi control. But this is all about oil...
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 05:47 PM       
This isn't all about oil. Anybody who say that is naive. But it's equally naive to assume that this has nothin to do with oil, and really, just the liberation of the oppressed Iraqi people.

Oil fields CAN'T be a priority right now, because they may be booby trapped (sp?). Halliburton got the contract for a reason, however....
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 10:17 PM       
what does booby trapped have to do with it? Get our people in to disarm them. The faster they get to the wells, the faster they can deal with whatever Hussien has doent to them.

I've always admitted oil has something to do with it, from every side. However, to say it is the driving force is naive. Part of it is pride that this asshole has been snubbing us all this time. The biggest part is that he does fund terrorists (he didn't help in 9/11 but he does have ties to groups), and he is preparing WMD.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 05:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheHerbivore
But it's equally naive to assume that this has nothin to do with oil, and really, just the liberation of the oppressed Iraqi people.
Huh? But it's called "Operation Iraqi Freedom", isn't it?
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 06:07 AM       
"...because we all know he was planning on burning those oil wells today anyway. This is the a prime example of why environmental libs protested a war, because they knew things like this would happen." - Bennett

That's funny. I don't remember seeing one sign protesting Saddam or telling him not to set them on fire.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
That's funny. I don't remember seeing one sign protesting Saddam or telling him not to set them on fire.
WOW, DO YOU REALLY SUPPOSE HE WOULD HAVE LISTENED???

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 08:12 AM       
It's called common sense Ronnie... When has war ever been a "good" thing for the environment? I don't think you need to see a posterboard sign to figure that out.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 09:23 AM       
It didn't stop you people from calling Bush, "Hitler".

You think you might have seen a sign that condemns the man responsible for not disarming and causing the war. Which leads the majority of Americans to believe that the anti-"war" protesters are really anti-"Bush". After all, there were no protests when Clinton was bombing Iraq.

WHY IS THAT!?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:12 AM       
Because Iraq was attacking Kuwait, Ronnie.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:18 AM       
That is a blatant misstatement FS.

and....

England and Spain will win in the end. Germany and France are lying hypocrites, destroying Europe.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Quote:
That is a blatant misstatement FS.
You're right, I was thinking of the wrong historical event.

I was paying a lot less attention to international news at that time, so I can't give a clear answer as to why Clinton wasn't protested. I'd say that 9/11 woke people up to realize war could affect them too, and perhaps they should have protested just as strongly then as they do now.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 10:36 AM       
Nalds, they're protesting the war. That's why their signs say what they say.

If you go to a rally to support our troops, will you carry a sign that says 'TRY REALLY, REALLY HARD NOT TO KILL ANY INNOCENT PEOPLE'.

Of course you wouldn't. Does this mean you endorse the killing of innocent people? Of course not.

Don't go environmental on me, either. Rumsfeld made several statements about how bad setting the wells on fire was. They ALL had to do with 'riches'. I suppose he might have meant air quality, but I think he was talking about petro dollars.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:04 AM       
Petro dollars of the Iraqi people.

Setting oil wells on fire does nothing to hinder allied troops. They will only hurt the Iraqi people....but then again, he has a long history of that.

"Nalds, they're protesting the war. That's why their signs say what they say."

Their signs say Bush is like Hitler. Bush wants to dominate the world. Bush will cause WWIII. Bush want's Iraqi children dead. Bush is a terrorist.

......AND SAY NOTHING ABOUT SADDAM.

There has not been an anti-war protest. Only anti-Bush protests.

And the proof is that these people didn't protest Clinton when he did it.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 11:32 AM       
Your quite wrong on several counts.

There were protests against Clinton's war gestures. I was at one that protested the cruise missiles we fired into Libyya at the so called Chemical Weapons plant there. Several studies have found no evidence at all that this was what it was.

I was also at the protest in San Francisco. I saw lots of signs, and while some of them adressed Bush personally (and he is the commander in chief of the army, after all) I didn't see any comparing Bush to Hitler or Bush actively wanting Babies dead. I did see Grannies against Dead Babies" which I rather liked, but that was the whole text. I also saw "Republicans against the war". These are American citizens excersising American rights and protesting American actions. They are anti American partcipation in this war. I cannot see why you see this as so awful. Do you hate The Right To Assemble. Do you hate Freedom of Speech? You seem to hate something here.

And even if this protest were speciffically and solely anti-bush (and there are plenty of people who DO support war with Iraq, but feel that Bush did a very bad job presenting his case) that would be problem why? Isn't it American to do that if that it is your sincere belief that what Bush is doing is bad for our country and the world?

I think, deep at the heart of a lot of your anger, is hatred of people disagreeing with you, or as I'm sure you see it, not facing facts. But that's America, Ronnie. No matter how right a person is sure they are, a lot of other people are going to disagree.
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 12:33 PM       
"I was at one that protested the cruise missiles we fired into Libyya at the so called Chemical Weapons plant there."

Are you sure Maxi, Check your history. Are you sure it was "Libyya"?

I mean, if you were at the protest, you should know which country it was right?

I don't care what you say. Their might have been a few home town protests but NOTHING near what's happened as of late which demonstrates the sherr hypocracy of the left.