Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 12:31 AM        Advice on face makeup application
I don't know if I'm doing a costume this year, but if I do, I really wanted to try the whole face painting thing. I was wondering who might be able to help with some tips on how to apply the whole halloween face makeup so it doesn't look like a muddy mess. Like, is it dark colors first, or light colors first? Do I start around the eyes and hairline or work up to them?

CiG, I'm lookin' at you!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 03:56 AM       
Well, what do you want to go as?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:53 AM       
I'm more looking for general rules when it comes to this type or that type. I'm entirely undecided.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:39 AM       
Oh well there you go.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM       
For camo you put the darker colors on the high points on your face first then the lighter colors on the lower parts and sort of do a gradual blend. For other things I recommend starting with a foundation and then adding details as you go. Darkest last. Layering works okay but who has the time?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
Use a thick layer of my cum for a base.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 11:22 AM       
it depends on what you want to do. you don't coat your face with a single color unless you're wanting a base. when i do zombie make up i sponge on bruises with 3 or 4 different colors and finish it off with a translucent powder so it sets better and makes the rest of the exposed skin a bit paler.
it seriously depends on what it is you're going to be. lemme know and i can help you in a bit more detail missy!
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM       
Dixie: sooo what is it you wanna paint your face as?

MLE: I was trying to get some general rules for facepainting and what sorts of paints can be used. As I said in the thread, I have no idea what I want to do

Dixie: hmmm, the tube cream paints suck. if you can get a nice flat face paint pallette, those tend to be nicer, and not from halloween stores either.

MLE: Where do you even get that?

Dixie: i'm getting a link for ya
Dixie: but i use a mix of a creme palette and powders
Dixie: alot of regular make up can be used and mixed too

MLE: How hard are they to use, though :< I'm also an aunt now, and I'd like at least one option for doing kid's faces just for fun

Dixie: http://www.amazon.com/Wolfe-Color-Pa.../dp/B00366F6GS
Dixie: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_304652
Dixie: those 2 are good products, wolfe makes alot of different colored palettes too so you have alot to choose from
Dixie: http://www.tcpglobal.com/SNAZAROO/It...No=SNA+P-20016 this is a really good low grade professional set
Dixie: yeah that last one i posted is perfect for that
Dixie: you can use them with a paint brush easily

MLE: Awesome! That probably minimizes the waste

Dixie: definitely! for stipling you can use sponges like you would with regular paint as well

MLE: Ooooh, like stony effects and whatnot

Dixie: but it is a creme so you don't need to glop a whole lot on, you can practice with it and find out how much you really need for the effect you want
Dixie: i got tons of special effects make up, but like i said i mix it with my regular make up to do new/different stuff with it
Dixie: and i reccomend a translucent powder to help it set too
Dixie: that way it doesn't slide or melt off your face haha

MLE: I was about to ask about something like a painting medium

Dixie: you put the powder on after to help it stay put

MLE: if you needed to thin the color or make it more workable

Dixie: just make sure the skin is clean and dry, no moisturizer, no lotion

MLE: right

Dixie: you shouldn't really need to thin it, it has to go on thick

MLE: so, if I were to get only the basics, I'd get one of the color palettes and the translucent powder?

Dixie: yep, and a set of brushes
Dixie: there are alot of make up/face painting guides online too! that's how i learned alot of stuff. well that and special effects make up dvd tutroials
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM       
yay i halped
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Oct 14th, 2010, 12:51 PM       
Thank you <33333 Now I know what to recommend to people too :D
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 05:04 PM       
It's too bad I hadn't join the site when you were asking about this because I would totally have told you to check out this Youtuber: http://www.youtube.com/user/goldiestarling

Maybe it her channel might prove useful on some other related occassion.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Nov 4th, 2010, 07:18 PM       
Always good to know :D I'll probably come back to sticky this next year.