Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:35 PM       
Quote:
interesting occult Nazi setting
lol
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
Sorry you're right. The mushroom kingdom is the only interesting setting.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
More interesting than MAGIC NAZIS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:46 PM       
Frankly "magic Nazis" are 100x more interesting than a plumber that stamps on turtles.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:49 PM       
I GUESS WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE HERE, MISTER.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I just really like complaining
There.

Anyone ever tell you you've got a persecution complex?

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
I consider it an asset
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM       
there really aren't enough ww2 games where you kill japanese or italians instead of germans :/
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
CoD: World at War is set in the pacific (though I'm not holding out much hope of it being very good as it's not being developed by Infinity Ward), and MoH: Airborne let you fight the Italians in the early missions.

I can see why most games focus on the Germans though. They were the most sinister enemy and the most well known for their fighting skill. They were also the craziest which is why they've inspired stuff like RTCW and this new Wolfenstein title.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM       
I want to say that all 3 were equally crazy, we just expected white people to behave civilized and where all the more shocked by it, and when I say we, I mean white people.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 09:04 PM       
plus there's the whole post hiroshima and nagasaki guilt thing i guess
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 09:13 PM       
And Italian women will kick your ass.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM       
I think what Guitar Woman is trying to say is that there are a TON of games set in WW2 and there are a TON of games where you fight Nazis and there are lots of games that refer to the Nazis interest in the occult, so what fresh or new with this Wolfenstein game? This new Wolfenstein might be fun in general but doesnt look to be anything to wright home about. I for one liked the older Wolfensein games but It has gotten to the point of "ok... got nothing new for me this time?" I watched the trailer and nothing in it emplied or hinted at anything new. Heck the graphics dont even look all that much better from the last game. All it said to me was "Wolfensein! Same old game but with more explasions! HA HA!"
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM       
Sure WW2 has been covered in some detail but at the same time many people still enjoy it as a setting. Furthermore, Raven have proven they can make good games and this one has been in development for a long time so there may be something to it.

Don't get me wrong, as I said in the first post I'm not totally convinced just yet but I'm not going to write it off completely just because it's set in WW2.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 11:42 AM       
I for one would really like to see and hear more about this game. I would also like to see a new angle on the Wolfenstein game. In every one i have played to date you always start in a prison cell of sorts. It would be kind of cool to see a more adventure type shooter prequel where you are trying to infiltrate castle wolfenstein undercover to find out what is going on or something like that that result in you getting captured and having to shoot your way out. Or it could play out any number of other ways in nonlinear gameplay. Not that this game has to be like that or anything, but i do think it needs something new.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 03:28 AM       
IT'S WOLFENSTEIN. It's up there with Duke Nukem for me. It's got memories attached to it and I'll be eyeballing this one intently.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:28 PM       
I think that we have to realise that WW2 is almost it's own genre now. I for one like it as a setting, and I liked the past Wolfenstein games. There are a lot of WW2 games, but that doesn't make them shit. It doesn't make them great, but you can't write off a game for it's use of what might be an overused setting. It doesn't make Mario games automatically shit, and it wont make next year's FIFA to be automatically shit.

Games are recycling ideas, but you still have to take them for their own merits, otherwise you probably wouldn't play anything.

Apart from Mass Effect, which I found to be new and refreshing.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM