Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:03 AM        Rice, Rumsfeld and Hadley defy Red Cross
GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has again refused the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) access to terrorism suspects held in secret detention centers, the humanitarian agency said on Friday.

The overnight statement was issued after talks in Washington between ICRC President Jakob Kellenberger and senior officials, including Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2006, 11:40 AM       
This isn't really news though. The ICRC is different than the American Red Cross, and quite frankly does take more of an activist, Left-leaning position on things than their American counter-part.

Regardless, this strikes me as sort of a follow up story, with the headline being "Bush admin. continues to be a bunch of dicks."

Are they opposed to ALL aid groups going in there, or just the ICRC???
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 12th, 2006, 12:03 PM       
As I understand it, nobody but nobody outside our govt. has laid eyes on or knows the location of the people the ICRC are asking to see.

They are people we list as having apprehended that we then immediately cease to account for. We do not confirm or deny their existence after apprehension.

It makes me very uncomfortable that we are now among the countries that officially concider making people permanently vanish a right.