Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 02:03 AM       
What's that scru? I remember the last time we talked about the Muslim religion you had no idea that it was responsible for the oppression of women in several nations, and even thought they "like
" being treated as third class non-citizens. So if that was someone being racist, then fine, because I'm partly of that race, and I'd like to take responsibility for the mistreatment of people no matter what gender or race they are. Oh, and while we're at it... let me remind you that my family come from Iraq and lost everything because of the Baathist party, so if you're gonna bring my name into this, don't be cryptic - say your piece, and stop complaining about how many pages it takes you to do it. Or better yet, take responsibility.

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:22 AM       
can someone respond to my statement, or answer this question:
why would a libertarian be gloating (used loosely) over this news, rather than be pissed off at the methods through which this information was gathered?
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 06:22 PM       
Abcdxxxx- What should exactly treat with responsibility? I'm not beating women in the middle east. Maybe I should go on a solo political reform mission and stop everyone from doing bad things in the world. Ok i know women are being treated badly in middle east and people are using the quran as a tool to justify these things. But not all muslim men are evil men and not all muslim women are victims of cruel treatment. ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THE ISLAMIC RELIGON IN GENERAL IS NOT TO BLAME...

i wasn't even saying you are racist, if anything in that thread I seem completely sexist. I'm sorry if you take it as an insult but I was just saying that i got offended far too easily and went on arguing for pages for something someone was just joking about...
Mocker

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 06:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Ok i know women are being treated badly in middle east and people are using the quran as a tool to justify these things. But not all muslim men are evil men and not all muslim women are victims of cruel treatment. ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THE ISLAMIC RELIGON IN GENERAL IS NOT TO BLAME...

i wasn't even saying you are racist, if anything in that thread I seem completely sexist. I'm sorry if you take it as an insult but I was just saying that i got offended far too easily and went on arguing for pages for something someone was just joking about...
Okay, I'll buy that. I personally didn't have a problem with you being overly sensitive and arguing for pages. I was more concerned that you were defending something that you seemed to agree was wrong. Sure you don't want us to blanket our criticism of the Middle East with harsh words for your religion in general, but you're doing a great diservice to your religion by pretending there's no relation between the two, instead of confronting it head on. I'm sure it feels shitty to know that off base comments that strike you as out of line have even a tiny basis in truth. If the largest public presence of Islam is what you believe to be a corruption of the quran, then you can't blame outsiders for this perception, you have to blame those who chose this message to take to the world in the name of the muslim religion.

More then coming off misogynist, you came off well meaning, but a little ill informed, and mislead.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 07:28 PM       
I didn't know your family came from iraq. you just said you had some middle eastern blood in you. did you actually live in iraq, or are your parents just from there
Mocker

Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:59 PM       
Only one of my parents was born there. I'm not sure when they moved to Israel, but I know the whole family was exiled. The wealthy side went to England, and the rest got themselves to Israel.... there were Jews put under house arrest, and in several cases, hung on Iraqi tv in the town square. Unlike most Jewish exiles, the ones from Iraq never really talk about themselves as being Iraqi... or want to be called Arabs at all. So it's only recently that I've started asking about my own family... and only recently that Jewish groups have started trying to document and identify the lost babylonian Jewry communities.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 01:03 AM        Derail
Please forgive me for staying on topic. My apologies. Further, please forgive my inability to post this with text and the link the way you cool smart people do. I am of a feeble mind. However, just wanted to share the joy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3741646/
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 05:33 AM       
what a fucking surprise! Thats what you get for trusting the Telegraph.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 11:10 AM       
Hehehe, that guy's name is "Hosenball." Heh heh....eh. I'm sorry.