Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM       
Real Genius

Waking Ned Devine
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 07:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I just watched the orphanage. The subtitles did pop up and disappear kinda quickly, but really, all it takes is a quick glance to read what's there. I really liked it. Genuinely creepy in some parts and I really liked how they ended it. The very last scene seemed a bit unnecessary but that's not a big deal at all.
I had mixed feeling about the ending. While I did like it I felt it was almost too similar to Pan's Labyrinth:

Spoilers!
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 12:13 AM       
Just watched The Fisher King for the first time. Robin Williams is really hairy
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM       
I watched Funky Forest: The First Contact (imdb) the other day. It was pretty entertaining and featured some kick arse music, especially at the end.

If you like brainfuck films such as Holy Mountain, El Topo, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, Eraserhead, eXistenZ and Brazil, you'll probably enjoy this. However, this one doesn't have as much offensive stuff in it as the ones mentioned.
You asked, Chief.
BLEU is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM       
Night of the Lepus.

It's... surprisingly violent at parts.

VVVV There is something wrong with you. VVVV

Last edited by BLEU : Mar 27th, 2008 at 11:07 PM.
POKEMON MASTER.
mmm_braaains is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
The last noteworthy film I watched was 30 Days of Night.
Let's just say, it gave me a she-boner. I loves me some vampires,
and not the pansy Anne Rice ones either. Hard ass, baby-eating, face chewing vampires are the best.
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
Death Race 2000-My mind has been blown. This so needs a feature done on it.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:57 PM       
Men In Black II. Decent for what it is but I noticed rather quickly how crappy the special effects look. When I say crappy I mean a lot of the effects look like they were generated in the 90's.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 07:26 AM       
one flew over the cuckoo's nest

it took me halfway thru the movie to realize that danny devito was in it, best acting he ever did i bet
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM       
I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 06:24 PM       
Finally got to see Darjeeling limited. I like it a lot, not as much as Life Aquatic but still really good.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I liked No Country for Old Men but I didn't think it was "better than Fargo!" or "better than Silence of the Lambs!" like some people were saying it was. I thought the ending was kind of a let-down
Well, that they were going for a "non-traditional" ending is what I assumed, but I agree, even as such, it was dissapointing. But then again, what else were they gonna do? They pretty much had to cut off the story where it was, or keep going for another hour to wrap it up. Or completely change the script a half-hour back in the movie.
He speaks truth!
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:09 PM       
I just saw it last night, and I liked it a lot more than silence of the lambs ;/
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:03 PM       
I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:05 PM       
So it's like white comedy git-r-done

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
So it's like white comedy git-r-done
HAR HAR HAR!
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM       
I never liked Silence of the lambs for some reason; but still haven't seen No Country so I can't compare. I am looking forward to seeing Fido though, I've heard it's good.

The most recent films I've watched were:
The Prestige (bloody brilliant film, loved it)
King of California (indy film, was pretty good)
Devil Wears Prada (my wife wanted to watch this one, it was awful. Really predictable, cliche, and boring)
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 03:14 PM       
yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 07:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidstatik View Post
yeah, the prestige was pretty coool, i dont remember if i really liked the ending or not
Truth be told, I didn't really understand the last shot ending, but as a whole, I think I got it. I like confusing endings though, especially when tied to a great film because it encourages you to watch the film again with different eyes.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 06:15 PM       
John Witherspoon stand up - "So my 16 yr old son stood in line at target from 2am to 8am to get one of those new x-box350a29'ers. I told him next week stand in line at target from 2am to 8pm at target and bring yourself home a job!"

Plus he has a surpisingly good singing voice too.
oh, and the rest is pretty funny.
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrva View Post
I just got done watching Fido, and it was brilliant. It was like a black comedy without the black.

Fido is awesome!

Mother: "Fido, where's Timmy. Did he fall down the old well boy?"

Fido: "Raaaawwwwrrr"
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM       
I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 05:43 AM       
What didn't you like, the polar bear fight or the punk-ass kids?
He speaks truth!
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I saw the Golden Compass last night.

It was retarded.
I make it a point to steer very clear of "fantasy epics" geared toward children and preteens.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 06:56 AM       
I watched Blood Diamond and about half of Mallrats.

Blood Diamond is a good film but it's depressing to consider how much worse the situation is in real life. It makes you feel like a shit when the TV you're watching the film on, if converted back to money, could probably sustain several families for the rest of their lives.

Mallrats re-affirmed my dislike for Kevin Smith. I hate how everyone thinks that because he inserts a few obscure-ish words into his dialogue it makes it clever and witty. I also really hate that whenever someone mentions a Smith film they always have to talk about the director... which I've just done... but with good reason