Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:03 PM        Battleship: The Movie
First of all, it's real.

Second, the budget for the movie is right around $200 million.

Third, it's about alien spaceships trying to sink battleships by LAUNCHING PEGS INTO THEM!!!

I can't wait for this movie to come out. I honestly can't decide if it will be a huge, brainless success, or a box office bomb the likes of which haven't been seen for years. I'm thinking the later on account of the enormous budget and the negative publicity over the fact that it's a stupid idea for a movie.

I wish I could find a picture of the peg thing, but all I get when I search for "Battleship movie" are bland promo shots and Brooklyn Decker's tits.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM       
You didn't mention Brooklyn Decker's tits were covered by bikini. I go searching for battleship movie for nothing.

As for the movie itself, I hope it fails. I hope all movies like it fail, just to teach hollywood to start giving us movies that have story and aren't based off a comic book cover or board game.

If I'm being negative, I'm sorry. Bad movies killed my father. Bad video game hacks however resuscitated him and nursed him back to health.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:26 PM       
no boardgame movie's ever gonna beat clue, damn it

EVER
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:27 PM       
you can see the newest trailer on youtube, you see the pegs punching into the ship for a few seconds. I can't quite decide if it's going to be a boring splosionfest or be boring due to a lack of explosions, seeing as how it looks like a small number of ships are locked in an oceanbound lasersphere
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:31 PM       
I wonder if at the end, it's going to do one of those things where it zooms back out of earth through space, past all the planets, and then out into a new universe where a little kid throws up his arms and shouts "I WIN!"
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:46 PM       
I thought the lasersphere was awesome. And the alien ship looked kinda like the Fallen from that one Transformers movie.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM       

This is so terribly cheesy it makes me laugh just watching this trailer. Wow this is something else.

I'm almost at a loss for words here people!
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 10:38 AM       
No one mentions Liam Nielson is in it!? I saw a preview of it before Cowboys and Aliens last night (which I thought was pretty badass) and I have to say, before I realized it was based on the board game it looked kind of awesome.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 11:00 AM       
Except for the whole ripping off of Armageddon's lame RAWR YOO ARE LOSER AN MY DAWGHTER GRRRR I SPOSE I WILL LIKE YOU AFTER TOUGH GUY TIMES THO :/ miniplot, which in turn was ripped off from the Hellfighters
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 05:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post

EVER
That's all that needs to be said

Thread over
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Except for the whole ripping off of Armageddon's lame RAWR YOO ARE LOSER AN MY DAWGHTER GRRRR I SPOSE I WILL LIKE YOU AFTER TOUGH GUY TIMES THO :/ miniplot, which in turn was ripped off from the Hellfighters
Maybe we can see another animal cracker jammed in a vagina.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 06:52 PM       
As someone who's done the food sex thing when I was young, I have actually eaten an animal cracker out of a vagina. It's not as appealing as it sounds, and neither is sex + food.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 06:18 PM       
Battleship already had its time to shine on the big screen when Bill & Ted sunk Death's battleship.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 03:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post

EVER
CAN'T WAIT FOR CANDYLAND THE MOVIE
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 10:32 AM       
This has to be one of the most absurd movies ever thought up. It's almost retarded that someone would green light this. I feel kind of sorry for Liam Nielson.

Here's some screen shots of the pegs from the trailer.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I feel kind of sorry for Liam Nielson.
Not me. It's not like he's working for scale because he really wanted to be a part of the Battleship phenomenon.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:13 PM       
I can't wait 'til they explain what the pegs are supposed to do.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM       
sink the ships duh
pickled
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Not me. It's not like he's working for scale because he really wanted to be a part of the Battleship phenomenon.
I wonder what he thought when they gave him the script.

Hopefully someone screams "You sank my battleship!" somewhere in the movie.
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I wonder what he thought when they gave him the script.

Hopefully someone screams "You sank my battleship!" somewhere in the movie.
"Nooooooooo! You sank my battleship! Now it's personal!"

-Hunky lead role
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM       
This idea sucks majorly. They keep making these because you cunts keep watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
and neither is sex + food.
Bullshit.
pickled
Old Aug 4th, 2011, 02:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
"Nooooooooo! You sank my battleship! Now it's personal!"

-Hunky lead role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
This idea sucks majorly. They keep making these because you cunts keep watching them.
I haven't been to a movie theater since The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :/
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM       
I'm waiting for tense economic thriller "Monopoly," with contemporary references to a Rupert Murdoch-like villain, foiled by a man with silver shoes and a robot dog.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM       
if there's actually a scene where liam neeson says tha, I 'm getting a t-shirt with that on it.
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM       
We'll have no problem against those aliens if we just keep moving the ships around after their turns.