Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

From the Home of MST3K
incognit000 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM        TRANSFORMERS!
HAY GUYZ, GUESS WHO GOT TO SEE THE MOVIE TRANSFORMERS BEFORE ANYONE??? FOR FREE???

Oh my god it was SO BAD. So incredibly fucking bad.

BUT IT WAS SO FUNNY. I haven't laughed my ass off so much in years. The movie just never took itself at all seriously.

Audio summary of the experience is stored here:
http://data.furaffinity.net/art/rola...ansformers.mp3

Some, but not many, spoilers. Cus there's not much to spoil, really.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:32 PM       
I'm not going to believe commentary from anyone who would host at furaffinity.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:07 AM       
just got back from the midnight showing and didn't so much cream myself as flat out drain my balls entirely.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 04:17 AM       
Yiff in hell, furfag

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM       
Fuck you incognit00 it was an excellent popcorn flick! I don't know what you were expecting it to be, it was retarded switch off your brain fun. The best sequence in the entire movie was the tiny Cellphone guy in the box.
40 pound box of rape?
Creepy-critters is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowX View Post
Fuck you incognit00 it was an excellent popcorn flick! I don't know what you were expecting it to be, it was retarded switch off your brain fun.
That's the most anyone has come to expect from Michael Bay. Anything more is just wishful thinking

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM       
The people against this movie are the ones who see the old transformers movie and television show as they remember it as a child. If most of the cry babies went back and watched the original series, or movie again they would be fucking appalled at the amount of animation and continuity errors present.

But I just need to point out that Blackouts shock wave laser or whatever was orgasmic.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:25 PM       
That's coming from the guy who use to be gay for all things Gundam.

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 12:08 AM       
not all things. just like most of it until it started to suck even by anime standards.

Regardless I fail to see what this has to do with my post.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 12:21 AM       
Weellllllll I use to watch Transformers when I was a kid, I had the shirts, and I had the toys.

I just saw the movie and here is my opinion on it..

I actually really enjoyed the movie. It could have been rated R to be better (but what super hero/comic themed movie wouldn't?), but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be at PG-13, or at any rating for that matter.

I went into the movie without any real expectations and I didn't assume that it would be 80s style either. Thank God it wasn't, it just would have been silly, a la most super hero/comic movies.

THE GOOD
I thought the action was awesome, the cgi was enough to make you nut your pants, when Optimus Prime showed up it obviously pulled on my childhood heartstrings, Starscream wasn't a let down at all,there was more killing than I expected, a few good laughs here and there, and really over all I would even see it again.

THE BAD
I felt that there was too many actors that they really could have done without. Due to so many actors they had to have a bunch of subplots, but you really didn't care too much about their characters after about 1/3 through the movie.
I thought the movie was AWESOME til about halfway through or so because it got kind of preachy.
You didn't really get to see the Decepticons til the end, which I suppose made up for itself in the final battle, but mehh.

Once again, I felt it was totally worth the 8 bucks or whatever, and I'd suggest going to see this film. Just don't go in thinking you will be seeing 1980s shit and everyone of your favorite characters.

Afterwards in the car, you can't help but be like, "...God wouldn't it be cool if my car was an Autobot?"

That kind of feeling of being 6 again made the movie worthwhile for me.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 01:04 AM       
Also I'm looking to find out the name of the trailer that aired before transformers. All I remember was it was a kind of shaky documentary style and had something throw the head of the Statue of Liberty into a group of people.

Ok the movie is called "cloverfield"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNxP...watch_response
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 02:28 AM       
Yuck. JJ Abrams.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 01:13 PM       
Wow, imagine my shock to discover that this movie TOTALLY SUCKED. It wasn't even the horrible character designs that were so offensive, it was the fact that none of the characters but Optimus Prime had any personality or character development whatsoever, and that the Autobots were turned into a bunch of incompetent bumbling retards. Also, a fucking COMPUTER VIRUS renders RADIOS unable to work? What the fuck was that?? What a fucking turd.

The old cartoons may be cheesy as hell and full of mistakes, but at least they're charming and fun in their own way, unlike the live action version. And the characters actually had CHARACTER in the old cartoon. I couldn't give a shit about this new version no matter how many sparkly explosions there were because I didn't care about any of the characters one little bit.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM       
sounds like somone could have smoked some weed before seeing this movie
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 09:32 PM       
Best visual effects and sound design in a movie I have ever seen. And Shia what'shisname isn't as annoying as I thought.

That said, the movie was terribly cheesy.

I want one of 'dem Nokias, though.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 12:30 AM       
upon second viewing my opinion that it was a fun movie hasn't changed.
But the movie could have been much more entertaining had they simply not filmed all of the action sequences from the on street perspective, its like bay didn't realize that "oh shit they wont' even fit in frame for 3/4 of the time" so all it felt way to claustrophobic.

SPOILERS!
If Bay decided to hire some editors, most noticeably the Fate of Barricade (the Police car) hes shown pretty fucked up and seemingly paralyzed but hes present for the freeway chase but doesn't actually fight at the end of the movie. According to the script he was killed in the fight with bumblebee. We don't' know what happened to Scorpinock either.

SPOILERS END

Am I the only one who through the only transformer who received any real personality was Frenzy(cd player)? I loved most of his sequences because he was the only one who you really got to know. At least his name is applicable to his personality.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 01:33 AM       
I just got back from it a while ago. It was pretty fun to watch. I never followed the comics or the cartoons. I had a couple toys but that was about it when I was a kid. But this movie was a good ol' time.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 12:34 PM       
Yeah, Arrow X, I couldn't follow the action in the fight scenes half the time. It was one random jumble of robot parts against another (and I had a hard enough time telling the Decepticons apart anyway). I don't recall what happened to any of the Decepticons except for Megatron and Starscream. Oh, and that VoltronLion guy that Prime fought. I mean, I know the good guys took down some of them, but I don't really know which ones.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM       
The best fight for me was between Optimus and Bonecrusher on the highway. That was awesome, but tooooo short.

This is a great summer movie.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM       
I have to agree on the gay camera angles, they did get rather annoying at some points.

I thought Frenzy's little ninja star throwing skills were badass.

lol I know I wasn't suppose to, but I did get a good laugh out of the main girl trying to be a badass in the end.

"Yea.. I got a record.. a JUVI record.. nevermind the fact all that will go away when I'm 18. I'm bad... real bad.. my father is on probabtion, srsly, I'm trouble."

Bitch shut up and go look fine somewhere.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 12:26 PM       
After 2 viewings and purchasing an Autobot sticker for the hood of my car, I have come to the conclusion that this movie is completely awesome, and I can't wait for the sequels, let alone the DVD release of this one.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 04:54 PM       
You still have a spiderman 3 banner. What the fuck do you know about what's good? :O

That was very funny. Well done.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 01:18 AM       
My brother just got his ass handed to him
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 10:24 PM       
From what I remember, I enjoyed it overall but some things really shouldn't have made it in. What is the fucking point of the bike wheel cam part, for example? Also, anthony anderson is playing his usual annoying black stereotype self.

Starscream was awesome.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Goddamned Batman
Old Jul 9th, 2007, 12:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Starscream was awesome.
The part where he was hanging in the trees munching on bananas and flinging his feces at Autobots was great