Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 04:47 PM        Chenney Lobbies Against Anti-torture Legislation
White House Aims to Block Legislation on Detainees
By Josh White and R. Jeffrey Smith
The Washington Post

Saturday 23 July 2005

The Bush administration in recent days has been lobbying to block legislation supported by Republican senators that would bar the US military from engaging in "cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment" of detainees, from hiding prisoners from the Red Cross, and from using interrogation methods not authorized by a new Army field manual.

Vice President Cheney met Thursday evening with three senior Republican members of the Senate Armed Services Committee to press the administration's case that legislation on these matters would usurp the president's authority and - in the words of a White House official - interfere with his ability "to protect Americans effectively from terrorist attack."

It was the second time that Cheney has met with Senate members to tamp down what the White House views as an incipient Republican rebellion. The lawmakers have publicly expressed frustration about what they consider to be the administration's failure to hold any senior military officials responsible for notorious detainee abuse in Iraq and the US military prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:05 PM       
"interfere with his ability "to protect Americans effectively from terrorist attack." "

Sad to hear that his secret weapon is putting women's undergarments on men. I mean, what would that make me? A DOOMSDAY WEAPON?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM       
McCain '08!!!!