Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM       
I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
I was very impressed with Favre last night but not so impressed at the staff for splitting him wide and using him as a blocker. Dude is 40, has a bad shoulder and a possible cracked rib, and he's out throwing blocks? C'mon Chilly, get yo mind right.
Maybe so, but check out the post-game report on ESPN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
[Favre] drew a penalty for an illegal crackback block to the knee of Houston's Eugene Wilson when he lined up wide in the wildcat formation in the third quarter. Wilson was injured on the play, but said he'll be OK.

Favre said he wasn't out to hurt anyone and was simply trying to protect rookie Percy Harvin, who took the snap.

"I will be 40 years old in October and [was] weed-eating 13 days ago," Favre said. "I wasn't thinking about throwing blocks."

Wilson said he hadn't spoken to Favre, but if he did he would ask him one thing.

"What was up with that?" Wilson said. "Seriously, what was up with that?"
Looks like the old guy still has it left in him. And, personally, I agree with Eugene - What the HELL was up with that, anyway? Drawing a penalty on an illegal block in pre-season? Methinks Mr. Favre is issuing a not-so-subtle statement to the rest of the league.
You may already be there.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM       
I really doubt that a 40 year old favre is going to be deliberately throwing illegal blocks that could possibly injure someone. He basically said during the post game interview that he had to do something on the play and just hurled his body without really thinking.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 04:42 PM       
Maybe. At least the coming season in Minnesota will be an interesting one to watch. Especially when they play Green Bay.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM       
I think that whole division will be the greatest spectacle to watch this year. You have the Vikings who are so close they can taste it. Will Favre be the x factor that finally gets Minnesota the elusive Super Bowl? You have the Packers, with Aaron Rodgers who may not be saying it, but definitely wants a piece of Favre in regular season play. It will be the Super Bowl of hate when Minnesota plays Green Bay. And let's not forget the Bears, who are suddenly relevant again thanks largely to the new QB with a purpose, Cutler. Even the Lions, with their new QB and a running back who is promising a playoff appearance this year are now on my radar. It's all happening in the NFC North this year it seems.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM       
I don't know if this has been said yet, but I'll give it a go anyway.

FUCK BRETT FARVE

There I said it.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:24 AM       
I was thinking about getting a Scott Norwood jersey for this year.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 01:55 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM       
So, Mikey gets 2 weeks suspension. :wristslap

Your thoughts?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 02:09 PM       
I love The Onion so very much.

Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 11:59 AM       
I don't know if anyone noticed, but the regular season started last night.

I heard Mike and Mike on the radio this morning heaping praise on Big Ben for his two minute drill to help the Steelers and how he is "the best 4th quarter quarterback in the league".

Isn't that kind of a backhanded compliment though? I mean, if hadn't thrown two interceptions, underthrown his receivers several other times and forced the defense shut down the Titans, he wouldn't need that 2 minute drill.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 12:54 PM       
I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

But he got the win, and in the end, that's all that counts.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I love that comment "the best 4th quarter quarterback in football". What, you mean he sucks in the first three quarters? Yep, pretty much.

I see it as when the game is on the line and time is running out (4th quarter, get it?) he steps up and delivers, regardless of what happened the previous 3 quarters.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 11th, 2009, 04:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post

That was the consensus on the radio today that I heard
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 12:13 PM       
Not looking forward to the Monday night game coming up.
Mocker
Old Sep 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM       
Hey, maybe Big Ben is the next Tommy Maddox! Remmeber him and his distinguished career? He did win a championship.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
Adrian Peterson is an absolute monster.

That is all.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM       
The Green Bay game was funny as hell.

"Did I really see that?"

"I am dumbfounded."

"Lovie's thrown the challenge flag..." "Maybe on his own call."
SKATASTIC
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:09 AM       
I really thought the Bills would win tonight. At least the game was entertaining.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM       
And Jeff Garcia has a job.

Can you say "Quarterback Controversy"? I guess AR really wants the ring this time, whatever the cost.

About God Damned Time, too.
Mocker
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 01:21 PM       
So, his answer to winning a championship is signing Jeff Garcia? well, it is Andy Reid. This is the guy that calls 40 passing plays a game and ignores the fact he has one of the best tailbacks in the league.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM       
He actually ran the ball more than he passed it against Carolina, but as Carolina played like a High School JV Squad, I'm guessing this isn't a good barometer. Let's see what happens against Brees and the Saints.
Beloved Cunt
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM       
The plan for McNabb to end up in Minnesota next year is falling into place.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 10:06 PM       
And the latest in the Philadelphia soap opera .... Shawn Andrews, placed on IR.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4474988

He tweeted that he was "grateful to 'Big Red' for 'believing in me' and that he thought of him as the 'father figure [he] never had' and 'I love you, man'".

WTF.

The only reason he's happy is that he doesn't have to play football, and that he doesn't have to come up with any lame-ass excuses for the rest of the season. Dick.

Go back to making nonsensical rap videos, Shawn.