Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM       
And No More Heroes 2. I forgot that came out in January.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:05 AM       
Heh. I played Deadly Premonition for about 2 or 3hrs. This is...strangely appealing somehow. It´s weird, the main character makes everyone around him totally uncomfortable, the driving sucks ass, the controls are garbage and I guess that´s part of the charm or something. Just plain weird. In a good way.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:21 AM       
OXBLOOD, GET A JOB

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
drifting in the void
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 05:34 AM       
Oh I do have a job again...finally. 11 months of unemployment were more than enough, believe me.

I just play a lot of games in my free time. I never said anything about finishing them. At least not if they´re longer than 15 hours. Though I guess that will have to take a step back as more work comes my way in the next months.
With More Yes Than Ever
DougClayton4231 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 08:34 AM       
What was so enjoyable about Deadly Premonition? I played it for about an hour and it made me want to walk into a wood chipper. It was so awful.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 08:53 AM       
I don´t really know. Maybe it is one of those Plan 9 from outer space-things. So bad that it´s good? Btw I love that movie.

But the first hour is pretty crappy. It get´s better when you can roam the town freely.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
Now that finals are over i've been playing Forza Motorsport 3 non-stop. Yesterday I played for 6 straight hours.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2010, 08:16 PM       
neotokyo

ghostin' like purple-haired broads, smokin' bitches
drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM       
Okay, this is spooky. Somewhere there´s Bizarro-Oxblood aparently. And he made a game and called it Deadly Premonition. I can´t help but feel like this is about the game I´d make if someone let me...

What I´m trying to say is: This game is fucking awesome. Then again, any game which features a fucking Kazoo in it´s main theme is awesome. I can´t get it out of my head and I don´t want to either...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 02:39 PM       

I liek dis so much
drifting in the void
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM       
And guess what. I do have a Kazoo. In my car. HA! I can break out into the theme at any time if necessary .

Just went to Swery65 and played some Darts with my trusty Dart-Gun...and now: I light up a (virtual) cigarette and solve the crime!
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 09:38 PM       
I wish the game didn't focus so much attention on the shoot'em up segments because they're dull as piss. I heard those bits where going to be less significant originally but Swery thought they'd please the Americans so he added more, sorry about that Oxblood.
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 10:30 PM       
Mafia 2 is an absolute fucking drag. I can't wait to be done with it. I had no idea that a 7 hour game could feel like a 70 hour game if it was designed poorly
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:32 AM       
I stopped by Gamestop with the girlfriend before we started walking home the other night, and one of the employees we know there was going to sell his DJ Hero and two turntables, but Gamestop won't buy the table, so he said I could have them if I won a round of rock paper scissors. Thus, I got about $150 worth of stuff for free.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 03:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
I wish the game didn't focus so much attention on the shoot'em up segments because they're dull as piss. I heard those bits where going to be less significant originally but Swery thought they'd please the Americans so he added more, sorry about that Oxblood.
Oh I donīt mind, donīt worry. I actually enjoy them more or less. Mostly because of the hillarious voices of the enemies. Half the time I donīt even understand what the hell they mumble but then: "LEEEET ME DIIEEEEEEEOOOUUUUIIIEEEE!" Cracks me up every time and I donīt know why. Maybe because that specific sample is so fucking loud

The enemies are (up till now) so amazingly random. I mean...pale People that can sense your breath with no eyes doing a reverse and backwards limbo-dance towards you. And each and every time you land a headshot, York has something to say which gets even more funny when you use the SMG. "AmazingGreatHeadshotAmazingAmazingHeadshotGreatsh ot!"

I really hope they never explain that

Iīm happy that games like that are still being made from time to time, itīs like a breath of fresh air among an army of undead remakes and stupid or overused concepts and ideas. Fuck, Deadly Premonition even compensates me for Final Fantasy 13 and that is saying A LOT. Thanks for that, Access games
With More Yes Than Ever
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 08:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I stopped by Gamestop with the girlfriend before we started walking home the other night, and one of the employees we know there was going to sell his DJ Hero and two turntables, but Gamestop won't buy the table, so he said I could have them if I won a round of rock paper scissors. Thus, I got about $150 worth of stuff for free.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
What was everyones top ten games of this year?
I'm not going to make a list, but props for showing Trauma Team some love.

My top games would prob include red dead, and then couple of the other ones on your list.

As for right now, I'm playing Goldeneye for Wii

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 01:49 PM       
Deadly premonition looks and sounds horrible from the way people are reacting to it. I watched a video of the scene with the coffee and fell in love with it.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM       
Here's a great article about Deadly Premonition.
http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/post_view.php?index=7827

It's what made me want to play the game although I think he makes some parts sound more appealing then they actually are, like the profiling.

Edit: Here's an unbroken up version http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/info.php...+Seeds+Profile
drifting in the void
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 03:31 AM       
The profiling is aweseome cause you first think itīs an acutal gameplay-element but it really isnīt anything at all, just a mandatory sequence you have to watch
I mean itīs not like you can do anything to influence or control the profiling. Thereīs nothing there that could be appealing or unappealing about it :D

@10kVolt: Does my reaction to the game make you think itīs bad? Itīs brilliant

I showed the game to a friend yesterday and he just sat there, eyes wide open, staring at the screen while York was driving and talking to Zach...until I showed him the whistle-theme, that kinda made him happy He also laughed at the fact that Mr. FBI has an Infinite SMG and the fortunetelling via coffee.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Dec 15th, 2010, 04:51 AM       
The way that article describes it, every shoot em' up segment is the personification of York's mental profiling (not just when he smokes and puts all the clues together). He also compares those parts favorably to Silent Hill's otherworld which is a bit of bullshit.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 05:27 AM       
Hm, that might be, I never thought about it that way...then again, I´ll wait for the game to finish before I try to make sense of anything in it :D

I don´t know if you could compare those parts to Silent Hill but I´m really not a fan of those games cause they´re fucking horrible in terms of gameplay most of the time...and boring.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 08:36 AM       
I love how the shooting parts are never, ever explained and the enemies you're fighting have nothing to do with the main story.

I've been trying to get all the cards. I think I have about 40 of them.
drifting in the void
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 09:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I love how the shooting parts are never, ever explained and the enemies you're fighting have nothing to do with the main story.
Oh, for real? YES! I was hoping itīd turn out that way. Thatīs one spoiler Iīm glad to read

Reverse Limbo-Asshole-Zombieghoulghosts ftw.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM       
When it wasn't explained for the first, probably seven hours or so, I had a feeling it would never be.

And man, it doesn't disappoint.