Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 12:43 AM        Which Next Gen system should i get?
Right Now, the Wii is out for me. The only games worth getting on it are Twilight Princess, Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy, all three (except galaxy) hold no intrest for me.

So it boils down to the 360 and the PS3. And im not sure which one to get. Im leaning towards PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4, but the 360 has Ninja Gaiden. And those are really the only reasons to get either system for me. Im not going to be playing Halo because, as far as im concerned, Unreal Tournament 3 fills all my Deathmatch needs without 12year olds shouting Faggot from 20 miles away, and i dont really want a system thats going to be completely useless 3 years from now due to lack of good games nor one thats going to break down due to a severe hardware flaw that takes 3 months to get a new system over.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:29 AM       
Check out the upcoming exclusives for both consoles. That may help you make up your mind.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 02:57 AM       
I'd go with the 360. It's cheaper, and it's got a lot of good games. Also, if you like FPS's, it's the best console out there.
Admittedly, the PS3 is quieter, and online play is free, but the 360 servers have ALWAYS been better for my 360 than my friend's ps3.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja View Post
Right Now, the Wii is out for me. The only games worth getting on it are Twilight Princess, Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy, all three (except galaxy) hold no intrest for me.

So it boils down to the 360 and the PS3. And im not sure which one to get. Im leaning towards PS3 for Metal Gear Solid 4, but the 360 has Ninja Gaiden. And those are really the only reasons to get either system for me.
Those arenīt very good reasons I think...MGS4 is mostly one big Cutscene (yes, I did play it from start to finish) and Ninja Gaiden is...well above the fact that itīs hard as funk (some people like that I guess, otherwise it wouldnīt sell) it still IS a regular game. Other than that...the 360 has itīs hardware problems but the better lineup I think. Also, itīs cheaper. The PS3 on the other hand doesnīt break down every 6 months and it has a Blu-Ray player (whoever needs that stuff). Oh, and itīs much more quiet.

For me, itīs a question of the lineup. I had the 360 first, since it came out first and now there is no reason for me to buy a PS3 since most things are 360 Ports or Multiplatform. If the PS3 had a better library of games and X-Box Live, Iīd buy it in an instant. But it doesnīt. So I stick with my unstable Turbine360. It broke three times already but it also got fixed pretty quickly after that.

If you want to play MGS4, find a friend with a PS3 and play it with him, thatīs what I did and Iīm glad I didnīt waste money on that game. Itīs a nice game, sure, but itīs NOT worth buying a PS3 for it. Actually no single game is worth buying a console for it ^^
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM       
PS3 is only worth it if you get the 80g system for PS2 compatibility.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 12:49 PM       
The 60GB PS3 with the Emotion Engine is simply the best version of the console, but I wish you luck finding it.

Most of the best games on the Xbox are also for the PC, but better, so yeah.

I also like my Wii, but there are really only like 4 good games on it. None of those are Twilight Princess, Smash Bros, or Mario Galaxy, by the way.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM       
I'd really rather get a PS3 but I just found out the new Phantasy Star is xbox exclusive. Sony dropped the ball.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM       
There's plenty of good games for 360, and I had mine since launch and it finally got the red ring like 3 months ago. It took a few weeks to get it back. Also, wii and 360 have the virtual console and xbox live arcade. Xbox live arcade is extremely underrated and I'm pretty sure most games on there (150+, I think) are multiplayer.

But I'm not gonna add you on live or anything anyway, so do what you want.

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
Quote:
Actually, Geometry Wars: Galaxies and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption are both really awesome Wii titles. Have you not played 'em? Can't go wrong with Mario Kart Wii either.

Out of the other two systems, I'd definitely say go with an Xbox 360 over a PS3... no question about it.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 20th, 2008, 11:58 PM       
i have a 360 and a wii and if i hadn't gamecube games my wii would be a dust collector,never liked metroid in 3d and like zomboid i love the arcade i have 16 games 5 that were free and you can also get ninja gaiden black online for 1200 points and you can probably try too human.

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Title
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 01:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Check out the upcoming exclusives for both consoles. That may help you make up your mind.
The funny thing about that is that i cannot find a list of 360 exclusive games, i really cant. The only thing i found is some 360 fanboy championing the Xbox because some PS3 games arent exclusive to that system anymore. While after some searching for PS3 exclusives, one of the first pages i got was this...

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=86124

It actually seems like this guy put some effort into that list. Even adding timed exclusives, stolen exclusives (that with the exception of Star Ocean 4 have become dual platform in some way shape or form).

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 11:11 AM       
I just picked up a PS3 yesterday - mainly as a blu-ray player but I've tried a couple of games too. Seems like a really solid entertainment system but as a gaming machine it lacks the variety of the 360.
I'm sure I'm not the type of person console games are aimed at though. Many of them seem to be pick-up-and-play whereas I prefer sit-down-and-play type games that you typically only really see on PC.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 04:01 PM       
you probably should've just gotten a blu-ray drive for your computer instead then, i've seen 'em for under $100
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 07:02 PM       
The computer I have connected to my TV isn't really up to decoding HD video. I do like the PS3 though; it powers up instantly, upscales video perfectly, recognises just about every format I can throw at it and is completely silent. The fact that it plays games is nice too but purely as a media centre it's one of the best I've used.
Title
Old Aug 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
The computer I have connected to my TV isn't really up to decoding HD video. I do like the PS3 though; it powers up instantly, upscales video perfectly, recognises just about every format I can throw at it and is completely silent. The fact that it plays games is nice too but purely as a media centre it's one of the best I've used.
Sorry about this, im dumb regarding the PS3 and its capabilities, but do you hook the machine up to your PC and watch the videos off there or is it done by discs or whatever. Because if thats what you meant by formats, then its pretty much going to be my console of choice just so that my Collection of movies on my computer wont go to waste.

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:43 AM       
You connect it to your network and it acts as a media player extender (i.e. you can watch/listen to anything in your Windows Media Player library).

You can do the same thing on the 360 as it has Media Centre installed but it only supports a couple of formats (not including .avi which is generally the most common format).
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:53 AM       
actually the 360 now supports avi

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM       
Oh okay. In that case the media player issue isn't that important.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM       
Quote:
The funny thing about that is that i cannot find a list of 360 exclusive games, i really cant. The only thing i found is some 360 fanboy championing the Xbox because some PS3 games arent exclusive to that system anymore. While after some searching for PS3 exclusives, one of the first pages i got was this...

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=86124

It actually seems like this guy put some effort into that list. Even adding timed exclusives, stolen exclusives (that with the exception of Star Ocean 4 have become dual platform in some way shape or form).
It's called Wikipedia.

360 Exclusives
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:57 PM       
Isn't Left 4 Dead an Xbox exclusive? I haven't looked at the link yet, I was just asking.
taco loving zombie
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:14 AM       
is pc and 360

Title
Old Aug 23rd, 2008, 03:26 AM       
Im just thinking here, i should just get a 360 now, wait til the holiday season, and get a PS3 with Uncharted when the bundle ships.

At least i wont wait too long to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD.