Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 02:19 PM       
There ya go, Eye Tie. This article gets the VinceZeb stamp of approval.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 03:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
It's one thing to be sick of the race issue (we all are) ...and it's a whole other thing to debunk it's roll entirely. Maybe if people weren't denying it, then it wouldn't be such a hot topic at the moment. Let's not forget, that in 2005 it was a liberating moment when our media actually acknowledged the race, and income status of the people they were photographing. As I've said in previous posts, the community were profiled as criminals....and frankly, fuck you for assuming they're not of your "tribe". That's some bullshit. That takes you having an us vs. them attitude, and that makes you the problem. We've had 200 arrests total, and today the Police Chief admitted he had actual written reports for sex crimes. People are innocent before proven guilty...and it fucking shocks me that Black Americans are of less civil importance then any other minority.
no, fuck YOU for assuming that I make any kind of distinction at all. there are people suffering, and the race issue is only furthering the problem.

Quote:
i also sense you have a mixture of empathy, and frusteration towards these survivors.... I question that resentment because I tend to think you have to bring a predetermined assesment of these people as a whole to reach any negative conclusions about who they are and why this is such a dire situation for them.
it's VERY frustrating. I tried to give food to an elderly black gentleman yesterday and he slapped it out of my hand and told me that he was going to fuck my mother to death and that Katrina was my fault. I've seen people stealing and fighting over trinkets, and more than once I've seen my priest assaulted by people who wanted more than their fair share of clothing or food. it's not a predetermined assessment, it's what I'm seeing with my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
You know I think it's much more about class than race, and I'm just asking here... do you think there is no race issue? Is America all cool on tyhe whole Black/Whitething these days?
no, I don't think America is cool on the whole black/white thing. what I'm saying is, it's not all the white man's fault. that's basically all I've been hearing from people since the hurricane hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Can you feel any sympathy for Brownie and Bushy and Chertoffy?
no, EVERYONE dropped the ball in some manner. I think Bush is doing a better job than he's getting credit for though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
There ya go, Eye Tie. This article gets the VinceZeb stamp of approval.
fuck vince and the asshole he came out of. there are parts of this article I agree with and I stand by them.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 10:56 PM       
Ever heard the phrase "the hate that hate made" ?

H'bout we take you, a bunch of Italians, AND your Priest, starve you and then lock you in a building for a week... and we'll see how you react when your ass ends up in a different region of the country, sleeping on a cot, living from a plastic bag.

Knowing you identify with portions of the article you posted makes wonder if that crazy man might be right - it is your fault. Or at least people who think like you.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM       
do be so kind as to point out where I said that I hate anyone. well, I'll say up front that I hate the Chinese, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:
Knowing you identify with portions of the article you posted makes wonder if that crazy man might be right - it is your fault. Or at least people who think like you.
and if you want to play the aggrandizement game, I can play too. if you've ever thought that you hated Bush, you caused 9-11. see what a fun game this is?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM       
"Powell doesn't think race was a factor in the slow delivery of relief to the hurricane victims as some have suggested. "I don't think it's racism, I think it's economic," he told Walters.

"When you look at those who weren't able to get out, it should have been a blinding flash of the obvious to everybody that when you order a mandatory evacuation, you can't expect everybody to evacuate on their own. These are people who don't have credit cards; only one in 10 families at that economic level in New Orleans have a car. So it wasn't a racial thing — but poverty disproportionately affects African-Americans in this country. And it happened because they were poor," he said."

-- Colin Powell, interview from 20/20.