Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:14 PM       

Xtro - Early 80's sci-fi horror trying to cash in on the same fame that Alien cashed in on earlier, hence face raping aliens.

The Cellar - A hidden gem I found at a local store. I really like this movie a lot, I'm a real big sucker for emotionless actors, especially those who really work the eyebrows (insert Silent Nighty, Deadly Night 2). Premise, Indians embody the spirit of some evil folklore legend and use a spear as some sort of protective barrier by placing it in the ground?? Yeah, so, a kid with a bowl cut comes up and plays with the spear and shit hits the fan. Now this beast breaks lose from THE CELLAR and tries claiming bowl cuts baby brother because according to the movies logic, baby's have souls and aren't a where of it, therefore the cellar beast must tap that. Long story short, rubber and caro syrup.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2012, 08:39 PM       
On Netflix, watch Disappeared. I dont know why but that show is bad ass.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM       
I went and saw the new Batman movie. It was really dumb and I regret seeing it. The script was just all over the place and I was bored. Funny, since the previous two were ok.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:18 AM       
is there a better place to download older/criterion edition movies than thepiratebay? most of the movies i want to watch only have 1 seed and its questionable whether they have subtitles ;/
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:50 AM       
Speaking of Criterion, I need to rewrite my paper about the Seventh Seal. Submit that shit to a journal or something.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM       
I usually google "torrent movie title" and fin at least 3 other torrents for my samurai movies.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM       
Quote:
Speaking of Criterion, I need to rewrite my paper about the Seventh Seal. Submit that shit to a journal or something.
you should be ashamed of yourself.

Quote:
I usually google "torrent movie title" and fin at least 3 other torrents for my samurai movies.
ive been watching mostly samurai movies i tried googling it but still only get places with one or two seeds that are kinda scary looking

what samurai movies do you like a lot? I've been watching lots of samurai movies.
Have you seen sword of doom? That movie is so cool until the last ten minutes ;/
i watched the first half of Furin Kazan last night and that movie is pretty amazing so far. It's produced by Toshiro Mifune
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM       
asiatorrents.me or kat.ph are my two back up places besides piratebay.

I mostly download them for my dad. He used to watch them on the movie screen and misses the old days. Right now I'm getting him the full collection of Zatoichi. Zatoichi is a pretty awesome series if you have never seen it before. I think I got him sword of doom recently but I actually don't have any time to watch these movies

I have hard encode the subs before I burn them onto a dvd. I find that XviD4PSP 5 works the best. I've had problems in the past with others that would move the subtitles out of synch.

Also, there are tons of substitle sites. If I need to find one for a movie I would google this example.

subs Breaking.Bad.S05E02.Madrigal.HDTV.x264-FQM.mp4

you pretty much need the monikers of the rippper in the search ie"HDTV.x264-FQM" or you might get a differently timed sub for a different rip.
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM       
i never got into zatoichi cuz i saw the remake first, and it uses (bad)cgi for blood/fight scenes and it looked really stupid. but i just downloaded some of the original ones recently
i think i looked at asiatorrents but you need an account. maybe ill look more into that place.

SWORDOFDOOMSPOILER
Spoilers!

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:05 PM       
sword of doom sounds like I'll have to reget it.

Yeah I stayed away from asiatorrent for the longest time, but then I got sick of them being the only game in town that had my movies so I signed up with one of my disposable emails.

I have yet to watch the Beat Takashi Zatoichi and I really don't think I ever will. I assume you have seen the Lone Wolf and Cubs yeah? Don't get Samurai Assassin as it is all 6 Lone Wolf and Cubs edited down to 2 movies with bad dubbing.
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:07 PM       
yea ive seen shogun assassin and lonewolf and cubs.
there's actually a lonewolf and cub tv series too and i think there might be more than six movies.
the best/worst part of lonewolf and cub is when he started using his stroller as a machinegun.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:48 PM       
Yeah, there's a whole story to how that works in the comic books.

I've been trying to collect every Kurosawa film from beginning to end. It hasn't been very easy for the earliest movies. No one seeds that stuff.

Also my dad liked the movie 47 Ronin
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:54 PM       
DERSU UZALA
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
DERSU UZALA
I love this movie like it's my favorite. Great movie.

Early Kurosawa is pretty hit-or-miss, for me. I recently watched I Live in Fear and it just wasn't what it should have been. Also, it stars young Mifune as an old man and it just doesn't work.

I thought I'd seen Sword of Doom but apparently not so now I have to.

I was thinking of Sword of the Beast apparently, a Hideo Gosha film. He made a bunch of samurai movies, but I think I've only seen the one.

The Samurai trilogy is pretty good, but also not very action-packed or whatever. Beautiful scenery and Toshiro Mifune and I'm easy to please.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:31 PM       

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the color palette
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM       
Quote:
47 Ronin
which one? thats a really famous (historical) story and i think theres probably like 40 million versions of it.
Quote:
The Samurai trilogy is pretty good, but also not very action-packed or whatever.
thats my favorite movie ever.
Quote:
I love this movie like it's my favorite. Great movie.
lol i still remember you talking about this

i never really liked kurosawa's samurai stuff tbh. Too much whinyness/screaming/annoying characters. His Shakespeare renditions are ok though cause they fit in with the whinyness/screaming/annoying overacting.
I've been thinking of rewatching more of his stuff to see if I'll havea better appreciation of it. But id rather watch the millions of renditions of Yojimbo than actually watch Yojimbo
altho i do remember liking Kagemusha more than his other stuff
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
which one? thats a really famous (historical) story and i think theres probably like 40 million versions of it.
The one I downloaded and burned
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 02:59 PM       
:O:O
prolly the one with mifune then
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM       
yeah kagemusha was great.

kurosawa's non-samurai stuff (like dersu uzala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is excellent. red beard, AS AN EXAMPLE.

dreams is a good movie, especially if you are on drugs and think it is pretty.

i think madadayo is his last movie and it's pretty good. if you like old folks, at least.
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:52 PM       
I hate dreams and that movie pretty much stands for everything i hate about Kurosawa
but yes it was a very pretty movie. The scene in the village where it shows the river reminds me a lot of Tarkovsky.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 03:58 PM       
oh no! why? because it's slow and not much happens?

i just like it because it's pretty and sometimes that's all it takes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also they didn't even try to veil the environmental messages in it. i think at one point somebody says "WE DID THIS TO THE EARTH AND NOW WE ARE PAYING FOR IT" or something.
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:02 PM       
is that the part where they turn into demons? yea theres that part and the one where they are all fucked from the nuclear meltdown or whatever

I guess I like movies for like.. character development and drama, or at least some kind of revelation of character, and there wasn't much of that in the movie.
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM       
i think the part i'm remembering is the nuclear one. it's just a few survivors with erupting fuji-san in the background!!!!!!!!!!!!

also yeah if you're not into anthologies, i could see why you wouldn't like that one.

red beard is good though. 8)
BANNED

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM       
yea i was just looking at Red Beard last night actually that one does sound really good I'll put it up for download.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:26 PM       
Dreams is good if you are unAmerican