Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 08:03 PM       
Milhouse nailed it. The "I laughed a few times an episode" defense has always been pretty awful for that reason. Why would you watch a comedy show if it's not only unfunny, but downright terrible when held to the same high standard as the earlier episodes?

That was very funny. Well done.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:32 AM       
It would seem only half of my post is being focused on

I never called it a defense. I prefaced the statement with "I don't go out of my way to watch the it" for a reason. And that reason is because I don't go out of my way to watch it. When I do watch it it is because I happen upon it while channel surfing, which in itself is rare. I have possibly watched 1-2 episodes a year in the last 4 years. I just don't have time. So to be fair I can't say one way or the other how they all compare. The 2-3 laughs an episode is pretty accurate though.

So let us summarize this 'defense' as it were.

A guy who watches at most 2 episodes a year, who doesn't consider it 'appointment television', gets a roughly 2-3 laughs per episode average from the viewings.

That is less a defense and more a comment I would say
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 07:18 AM       
man what kinda stuff do you do that you're so busy
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 09:34 AM       
When it comes to watching the Simpsons? I would be busy doing just about anything else. Doing the dishes. Giving the dogs a bath. Changing my oil. Mowing the lawn. You know. Anything
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 06:13 PM       
I didn't even read anything Pentegarn posted in here before that last one. I was making a generalization and going with what Milhouse said, not making some pointed comments. Simmer down, cowboy.

You must really like your new Simpsons

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:55 PM       
New Simpsons killed my dad

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 09:30 PM       
and rapped your mom
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 09:45 PM       
THE NEW SIMPSON'S RAPPING SERENADE OF YOUR MOTHER
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 01:59 AM       
MR PLOW
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 05:53 AM       
One of the new episodes of the simpsons had a kanye west song or something instead of the intro and it was so lame. So very lame.
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 02:05 PM       
The Simpsons are gay. Nothing fancy. Nothing elaborate. Just gay. Proof you say? Here it is...

Spoilers!
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM       
Oh I guess it wasn't kanye west. Was some other rapper...or is it a dance mix? But yeah, that's what I was talking about.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM       
oh well at least thanks to the greatness of technology i can see the episodes when the simpsons were really great

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2010, 05:31 PM       
It makes me wish I could just separate the two eras of the Simpsons and pretend that the new era is a completely different TV show. Something identical to that I could accept on Family Guy, but it's something the Simpsons did instead and it makes me wonder if the cast or some old-timers on the staff (the people that aren't the shitty writers) are also unhappy with what the show has turned into.

Or maybe they don't care because they're making a lot of money, so fuck it

The Wolf
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 01:14 AM       
I remember reading that Harry Shearer (voice of a shitload of characters) was pretty open about how the show went downhill.

It's really a shame how delusional some people can get when they taste that kind of success. Matt Groening and some of the others seem to think the show is as funny as ever.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 10:46 AM       
I know around the 15th or 16th season they started to have in jokes on the show about how it should end. I think Smithers opened a door into the simpsons dining room while they were having dinner shouting "MR. BURNS HAS BEEN SHOT....AGAIN....BY MAGGIE!!!!" Then he kind of just leaves. Then the family say something like "This is really getting old. Someone should put a stop to it."

Also, I really enjoyed Family Guy when it started so seasons 1-3 are really good for me. Anything post cancellation is garbage.

That's why I'm really worried about the new Futurama start up.
BANNED

Old Jun 17th, 2010, 04:30 PM       
I've seen newer simpsons and family guys that i thought were pretty funny but then again i smoke a lot of pot
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM       
American dad is where its at. The fat dumb husband is played out.
BANNED

Old Jun 18th, 2010, 03:10 AM       
yea i guess almost fit dumb father has some things going for it
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 03:45 PM       
speaking of seth mcfarlane i finally watched the cleveland show and i couldn't find a reason to laugh

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Glum Cunt
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 07:16 PM       
I've found small things funny about the cleveland show...but the first episode or two were horrible. They were just all up in your face about how black they were.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM       
I like the cleveland show opening. Also. As black as I am I love how black women call me beele.
Old Jun 19th, 2010, 01:34 AM       
MAAAAAAAARGE YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART