Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM       
Nope. I was expecting this actually. I'm just pissed that they coughed up a 3-0 lead at home to lose 4-3 (I don't count cindy's empty netter). There's just no way a good hockey club should give up 4 unanswered goals in a playoff game when they're on the brink of elimination.

Plus I've got way way too much other shit going on right now to really pay more than passing attention to sports. Sad, really.

Thanks for the offer, though .... it WAS an offer, was it not?
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 09:20 PM       
an offer of huggles.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
I would expect nothing more. If needed. Which it isn't. I'm good.

Thanks anyways.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM       
Rangers blow it again and again. I'm glad the weather finally got nice around here because after tuesday I'm going to have some extra time to spend outside.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 10:08 AM       
Icky, your boys have GOT to give me something to root for in the playoffs. At least knock off the Caps for me. Please?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:32 AM       
So let's see. Bruins, Penguins, Ducks, Assholes, Canucks, Blackhawks.

Who plays tonight? Devils-Hurricanes and Rangers-Caps, right? It'll pretty much be over tonight, won't it?

Last edited by Kitsa : Apr 28th, 2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: I accidentally said sharks and meant ducks.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
The two best series in the first round were in the Eastern Conference this year. (Go 'Canes and (I can't believe I'm saying this, but) Go Rangers) Unless you're a Duck fan, where they ousted the San José Chokes.

I feel a case of déjà vu coming on - didn't this same matchup occur in the first round either last year or a few years ago, and didn't it result in the same outcome?
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM       
Another season done, at least it was a good game and the Rnagers didn't get shelled. There is also another silver lining...How's about the Cane's. Big come back to take out the Devils. A Devils loss is almost always as good as a Ranger win.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:38 AM       
I hope Bettman is happy now to that through poor officiating and questionable suspensions Alex and Cindy are going to face eachother in the playoffs.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM       
Every time I hear about the Devils, all I can think of is that Seinfeld "face painting" episode where Puddy scares the shit out of the priest.

after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 12:18 PM       
Icky, you're reading my mind. Does anyone like the Devils?

The only thing I would care to see in a Cap/Pen series would be Ovechkin and Cindy getting into a pussy bitch-slap fight. That would be YouTube-Worthy.
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
Kitsa - The most frightening thing about that video is the fans are pretty mush like that. That is hilarious though.

I think I'm gonna hitch my horse to Vancouver for the rest of the series. It's been a while since Canada has had a cup winning team.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM       
It's been never for the Canucks, at least in my imperfect recollection.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM       

"Gotta let 'em know you're out there, it's the playoffs."

"Gotta support the team!"
Retardedly Handsome
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM       
I have these 2 towels that I got from last years playoff run. I had them out for a while last year but then my fiance made me put them away. I pulled them out again for the playoffs this year but now she is insisting that they come down imeadiately. I know she didn't really watch Seinfeld that much but I need to show her this...Then I can be like see I'm not that bad, people are really like this. However I'm sure if I lived in NY or a little closer I would probably be this bad.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 11:28 AM       
I was thinking about this, and there's something wrong about that Seinfeld ep. Not that there are really people like this - I know people like this - but that this was a Devils fan at a playoff game in Madison Square Garden. It would have been more realistic to have him beaten to a pulp before the puck dropped. But I suppose that wouldn't have advanced the story line in the show about "nothing".
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM       
The Rangers and Devils fans do appear to be coexisting in unlikely harmony, don't they?

Last year I threw a roll of toilet paper at the TV when Detroit won the Stanley Cup, and the boyfriend thought I was insane. My father thinks my hockey fandom is insane, although neither boyfriend nor father see the hypocrisy in shouting at the TV during football season.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Last year I threw a roll of toilet paper at the TV when Detroit won the Stanley Cup, and the boyfriend thought I was insane.
No, insane would be grabbing a shotgun and destroying the offending "boob tube" in a maelstrom of buckshot. That would be "Bellevue" worthy. :whitecoats

Toilet paper? Just take some Xanax. :thedoctorisin

EDIT: BTW, it's common knowledge that if you yell at the TV loudly enough, the folks in the studio will hear you and respond. Many people don't raise their voice enough. Maybe you could get your dad and the bf some bullhorns to amplify their voices during football season. Just remember to get yourself earplugs and noise-cancelling headphones.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : May 1st, 2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: explanation and suggestion
teacup of sunshine
Old May 1st, 2009, 05:44 AM       
lol

the toilet paper was just what I had handy. I was on bedrest at the time and out of kleenex.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM       
The Blackhawks got 3 unanswered goals late in the 3rd period to tie the game 3-3. Then with around 1:00 left the Canucks score again and win.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM       
The bf and I both had hockey dreams last night, which was pretty weird.

He dreamed that an old highschool friend of his was drafted into the NHL. He hadn't thought of the guy in years.

I had a more colorful dream. I dreamed that Leclaire was traded to the Rangers, and that somehow he got it into his head that he was the Rangers' sole salvation. From there, he developed a giant ego problem and the Rangers were playing into it...I mean, he was being lowered onto the ice slowly from the ceiling, with wires, during a laser light show and music by Geddy Lee.

He had also grown a spectacular and lustrous mullet.
Retardedly Handsome
Old May 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM       
That's weird thats how I thought my life was really going to turn out when I was younger...Everyone would have been envious of my Kentucky waterfall.

Both Detriot and Boston dropped a game. Needless to say that the ducks really had to earn that win.
teacup of sunshine
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:24 AM       
never thought I'd be rooting for the Mighty Duck Fucks.

C'mooooooon Ducks.
Retardedly Handsome
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:19 AM       
I was just reading about the coyotes being broke and all and how this poor bastard Basillie
Retardedly Handsome
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM       
is trying to buy them. This is his third team now that he has tried to buy and move to Winnipeg. I don't know what bettman has against this guy or ontario but just let them move. Face it no one wants hockey in the desert. I would think letting Gretzky coach in Canada would be a no brainer. We will know by june 30th the future of the team.