Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 07:53 AM       
Last fall Keith Olbermann made an excellent observation on the coincidences of the rise of terror alerts. He has listed out 13 of them so it's a long read...

Number One:

May 18th, 2002. The first details of the President’s Daily Briefing of August 6th, 2001, are revealed, including its title - “Bin Laden Determined To Strike In U.S.” The same day another memo is discovered - revealing the FBI knew of men with links to Al Qaeda training at an Arizona flight school. The memo was never acted upon. Questions about 9/11 Intelligence failures are swirling.

May 20th, 2002. Two days later, FBI Director Mueller declares another terrorist attack “inevitable.” The next day, the Department of Homeland Security issues warnings of attacks against railroads nationwide, and against New York City landmarks like the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty.

Number Two:

June 6th, 2002. Colleen Rowley, the FBI agent who tried to alert her superiors to the specialized flight training taken by Zacarias Moussaoui, whose information suggests the government missed a chance to break up the 9/11 plot, testifies before Congress. Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Graham says Rowley’s testimony has inspired similar pre-9/11 whistle-blowers.

June 10th, 2002. Four days later, speaking from Russia, Attorney General John Ashcroft reveals that an American named Jose Padilla is under arrest, accused of plotting a radiation bomb attack in this country. Padilla had, by this time, already been detained for more than a month.

Number Three:

February 5th, 2003. Secretary of State Powell tells the United Nations Security Council of Iraq’s concealment of weapons, including 18 mobile biological weapons laboratories, justifying a U.N. or U.S. first strike. Many in the UN are doubtful. Months later, much of the information proves untrue.

February 7th, 2003. Two days later, as anti-war demonstrations continue to take place around the globe, Homeland Security Secretary Ridge cites “credible threats” by Al Qaeda, and raises the terror alert level to orange. Three days after that, Fire Administrator David Paulison - who would become the acting head of FEMA after the Hurricane Katrina disaster - advises Americans to stock up on plastic sheeting and duct tape to protect themselves against radiological or biological attack.

Number Four:

July 23rd, 2003: The White House admits the CIA -- months before the President's State of the Union Address -- expressed "strong doubts" about the claim that Iraq had attempted to buy uranium from Niger. On the 24th, the Congressional report on the 9/11 attacks is issued; it criticizes government at all levels; it reveals an FBI informant had been living with two of the future hijackers; and it concludes that Iraq had no link to Al-Qaeda. 28 pages of the report are redacted. On the 26th, American troops are accused of beating Iraqi prisoners.

July 29th, 2003. Three days later, amid all of those negative headlines, Homeland Security issues warnings of further terrorist attempts to use airplanes for suicide attacks.

Number Five:

December 17th, 2003. 9/11 Commission Co-Chair Thomas Kean says the attacks were preventable. The next day, a Federal Appeals Court says the government cannot detain suspected radiation-bomber Jose Padilla indefinitely without charges, and the chief U.S. Weapons inspector in Iraq, Dr. David Kay, who has previously announced he has found no Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, announces he will resign his post.

December 21st, 2003. Three days later, just before Christmas, Homeland Security again raises the threat level to Orange, claiming “credible intelligence” of further plots to crash airliners into U.S. cities. Subsequently, six international flights into this country are cancelled after some passenger names purportedly produce matches on government no-fly lists. The French later identify those matched names: one belongs to an insurance salesman from Wales, another to an elderly Chinese woman, a third to a five-year old boy.

Number Six:

March 30th, 2004. The new chief weapons inspector in Iraq, Charles Duelfer tells Congress we have still not found any WMD there. And, after weeks of refusing to appear before the 9/11 Commission, Condoleezza Rice finally relents and agrees to testify. On the 31st: Four Blackwater-USA contractors working in Iraq are murdered, their mutilated bodies dragged through the streets and left on public display in Fallujah. The role of civilian contractors in Iraq is widely questioned.

April 2nd, 2004. Homeland Security issues a bulletin warning that terrorists may try to blow up buses and trains, using fertilizer and fuel bombs - like the one detonated in Oklahoma City - stuffed into satchels or duffel bags.

Number Seven:

May 16th, 2004. Secretary of State Powell appears on “Meet The Press.” Moderator Tim Russert closes by asking him about the “enormous personal credibility” Powell had placed before the U.N. in laying out a case against Saddam Hussein. An aide to Powell interrupts the question, saying the interview is over. Powell finishes his answer, admitting that much of the information he had been given about Weapons of Mass Destruction was “inaccurate and wrong, and, in some cases, deliberately misleading.”

May 21st, 2004, new photos showing mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners at Abu Ghraib Prison are released. On the 24th - Associated Press video from Iraq confirms U.S. forces mistakenly bombed a wedding party - killing more than 40.

Oct. 12: Keith Olbermann talks with the former Under-Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Asa Hutchison about the connection between politics and the terror alerts over the past several years.

Wednesday the 26th. Two days later, Attorney General Ashcroft and FBI Director Mueller warn that intelligence from multiple sources, in Ashcroft’s words, “indicates Al-Qaeda’s specific intention to hit the United States hard,” and that “90 percent of the arrangements for an attack on the United States were complete.” The color-coded warning system is not raised, and Homeland Security Secretary Ridge does not attend the announcement.

Number Eight:

July 6th, 2004. Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry selects Senator John Edwards as his vice presidential running mate, producing a small bump in the election opinion polls, and a huge swing in media attention towards the Democratic campaign.

July 8th, 2004. Two days later, Homeland Secretary Ridge warns of information about Al-Qaeda attacks during the summer or autumn. Four days after that, the head of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, DeForest B. Soaries, Junior, confirms he has written to Ridge about the prospect of postponing the upcoming Presidential election in the event it is interrupted by terrorist acts.

Number Nine:

July 29th, 2004. At their party convention in Boston, the Democrats formally nominate John Kerry as their candidate for President. As in the wake of any convention, the Democrats dominate the media attention over the ensuing weekend.

Monday, August 1st, 2004. The Department of Homeland Security raises the alert status for financial centers in New York, New Jersey, and Washington to orange. The evidence supporting the warning - reconnaissance data, left in a home in Iraq - later proves to be roughly four years old and largely out-of-date.

Number Ten:

Last Thursday. At 10 AM Eastern Time, the President addresses the National Endowment for Democracy, once again emphasizing the importance of the war on terror and insisting his government has broken up at least 10 terrorist plots since 9/11.

At 3 PM Eastern Time, five hours after the President’s speech has begun, the Associated Press reports that Karl Rove will testify again to the CIA Leak Grand Jury, and that Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald has told Rove he cannot guarantee that he will not be indicted.

At 5:17 PM Eastern Time, seven hours after the President’s speech has begun, New York officials disclose a bomb threat to the city’s subway system - based on information supplied by the Federal Government. A Homeland Security spokesman says the intelligence upon which the disclosure is based is “of doubtful credibility.” And it later proves that New York City had known of the threat for at least three days, and had increased police presence in the subways long before making the announcement at that particular time. Local New York television station, WNBC, reports it had the story of the threat days in advance, but was asked by "high ranking federal officials" in New York and Washington to hold off its story.

Less than four days after revealing the threat, Mayor Michael Bloomberg says "Since the period of the threat now seems to be passing, I think over the immediate future, we'll slowly be winding down the enhanced security."

While news organizations ranging from the New York Post to NBC News quote sources who say there was reason to believe that informant who triggered the warning simply ‘made it up’, a Senior U.S. Counter-terrorism official tells the New York Times: "There was no there, there."

Number Eleven:

October 22nd, 2004. After weeks of Administration insistence that there are terrorist plans to disrupt the elections, FBI, Law Enforcement, and other U.S. Intelligence agencies report they have found no direct evidence of any plot. More over, they say, a key CIA source who had claimed knowledge of the plot, has been discredited.

October 29, 2004. Seven days later - four days before the Presidential election - the first supposedly new, datable tape of Osama Bin Laden since December 2001 is aired on the Al-Jazeera Network. A Bush-Cheney campaign official anonymously tells the New York Daily News that from his campaign’s point of view, the tape is quote “a little gift.”

Number Twelve:

May 5th, 2005. 88 members of the United States House of Representatives send a letter to President Bush demanding an investigation of the so-called “Downing Street Memo” - a British document which describes purported American desire dating to 2002 to "fix" the evidence to fit the charges against Iraq. In Iraq over the following weekend, car bombings escalate. On the 11th, more than 75 Iraqis are killed in one.

May 11th, 2005. Later that day, an instructor and student pilot violate restricted airspace in Washington D.C. It is an event that happens hundreds of times a year, but this time the plane gets to within three miles of the White House. The Capitol is evacuated; Vice President Cheney, the First Lady, and Nancy Reagan are all rushed to secure locations. The President, biking through woods, is not immediately notified.

Number Thirteen:

June 26th, 2005. A Gallup poll suggests that 61 percent of the American public believes the President does not have a plan in Iraq. On the 28th, Mr. Bush speaks to the nation from Fort Bragg: "We fight today because terrorists want to attack our country and kill our citizens, and Iraq is where they are making their stand. So we'll fight them there, we'll fight them across the world, and we will stay in the fight until the fight is won."

June 29th 2005. The next day, another private pilot veers into restricted airspace, the Capitol is again evacuated, and this time, so is the President.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 01:41 PM       
"Hamas breached their hudna with Israel.... did it weaken their diplomatic standing? "

Of course but israel isn't the whiny cunt bitch that america can be. You act like I'm fucking planning this up all seriously, I just thought it would be interesting since one of the biggest complaints of the war was that we had no diplomatic backing. With enough bitching and complaining about how they "Betrayed" a truce I'm sure we could've gotten more international support.

"I totally dont think of the american public as criminals when they attack and kill civilians."

I really only mentioned that in exaggeration, however, there was a reason behind the exaggeration; that reason is that some people seem to believe all muslims are terrorists.

"Stop talking out of your ass."

Don't even talk about people talking out of their ass. Clearly, the only thing you've been doing for a while in this, or any other middleeast debate, is flounder people with your supposed superior knowledge of the middleeast.
"NO BUT YOU DONT GET IT ITS A HUMMER THEY'RE GOING TO TRICK US."
"Yea I know that's what I'm saying"
"NO YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THAT ITS A HUDNA"
"Right, that's playing exactly into what I'm speculating"
"NO NO NO YOURE NOT LISTENING YOU NEED TO LEARN TO READ ITS A HUDNA"

I picked up on the idea of a hudna the first time around, quit trying to share your supreme knowledge. Maybe you don't understand this but i do pick up on new information pretty quickly; you don't need to share it with me more than once unless I ask you to explain it. You act like my idea was something I rushed to the whitehouse to share with the president or something, and not some random piece of shit I posted on a message board.
In all honesty though it is funny to say you say hudna over and over to show your knowledge of foreign languages.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:16 PM       
Perhaps if you formed a logical informed response that showed cognitive thought I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself....

and maybe if you tried entering into a conversation about a topic you know a stitch about, you wouldn't feel so insecure as to mistake it for showing off. Speaking of which.... how many times are you going to brag about this superior intellect of yours when everything you say sounds like it came from the flunky of the month newsletter?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM       
Let me explain this mathematically:

You = A Hudna is a tactical and temporary gesture, which has historically been used to regroup. Mohamed offered a 10 year Hudna, and 2 years later, took Mecca.

Me understand it as = Retreat and attack later with better forces

(Which is pretty stupid that you think retreating and regrouping is some new thing. Plus, that very same scenario has been used in tons of video games)

Me compute : Accept truce + them attack = weaken diplomacy

Follow up thoughts : You think there'd be no diplomacy, but over the course of a few years while "Rebuilding iraq" like he suggested would see some kind of increased diplomacy between iraq and the us, and obviously nations around/involved with that nation...
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM       
Dude, take some pills and stop struggling so hard with yourself.

p.s. Bin Laden doesn't represent or negotiate for Iraq, and seeing as we're occupying the country, it's not much of an assumption to say we already have an inside track on diplomacy.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:56 PM       
Yea, other than supposed terrorist attacks, which would probably be negated as per his end of it. Other than that how about some of the other nations around there we make a big deal out of ... maybe some religious influence? What religion comprises the majority of the nation there with which currently there is a thread dedicated to..? I don't know how you look at situations like this without seeing all the other effects it will have. That's a big deal, and I'm assuming that's why our government took so much interest in it.
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 05:05 PM       
Is your brain that convoluted that you think you just made a rebutal ? Bin Laden has little sway or unification powers within Iraq or the Muslim world. His agenda existed before him, and it would exist without him.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 05:22 PM       
You're missing the point entirely. Bin laden isn't as important as relations with the individual countries in that area. He's also a part of the same religion. We're talking about people who bomb people in the name of allah to goto heaven in suicide crashes, right? Do you really want to pretend that religion has nothing to do with it?

P.S. The one thing that gets me about your hudna thing is: why would Osama bin ladin declare it a Hudna if someone as stupid as you could figure out it's a trick? Don't you think people in our government know things like that? Or people in theirs who would tell us? Do you think he'd be stupid enough to announce it on a video if he was trying to cleverly trick us into losing the war?

Why don't we just go play stratego or something.
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM       
You mean why has it worked repeatedly over history, time and time again? Because there are cumrags who think like you do, get lazy, and get suckered into arguing for a poor translation of the word. It doesn't mean truce. Can't get your head around it?

PS. Bin Laden isn't the ambassador of Islamo-World. Way to put him on a pedestal. There's a wrap sheet of wingnuts out there who'd replace him in a second. Zarqawi for example, doesn't even need the billions. They were hijacking planes when Bin Laden was learning to sharpshoot.
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 07:00 PM       
PPS. the truce comes when all dhimmis are removed, and Islam is the only religion. go back to playing with your action figures. the real world confuses you.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM       
"It doesn't mean truce."
I don't care. Nothing I said indicates that it does. Nothing my argument was based on did. You are stupid, your understanding of anything/everything is flawed. It's hilarious.

A truce is, even by american terms, a temporary cease-fire. It doesn't mean fighting won't continue at a later time, it doesn't mean anything other than hostilities will be ended until either peace has been reached or war breaks out again. That's all. When in a truce you don't back down your defenses. You don't cut your dick off. You don't really do anything different other than avoid taking aggressive actions. Why would you? A truce isn't peace, that's why there's different words for truce and peace.
The guy said he was going to attack if we didn't accept anyway. So if he still attacks after the truce is made, who cares, our defenses would've still been up-- nothing different would really have happened. You act like we would've withdrawn all of our troops over a truce being called by a terrorist who nobody trusts.
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 08:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
"It doesn't mean truce."
I don't care. Nothing I said indicates that it does. Nothing my argument was based on did.
Then why do you keep defending the usage of the word Truce over and over? You're so stoner stupid.

I can list pages of examples of times when people took your attitude, negotiated with terrorists, and said "what's the difference, what could it hurt?" only to their detrament. Can you list one example where it worked?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 12:51 PM       
Hey so anyone hear the one about Bin Laden not being a criminal?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:28 PM       
Bin Laden was a firefighter at ground zero on 9/11
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:29 PM       
Yeah, i saw that on TV too. ;0

The guy rescued like 15 orphans and a dog. ;l

Something about remorse!
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 03:14 PM       
Oh this is rich

Now they're pointing out the comparsions of Osama's political views to the democrats and the dissidents. They're also confirming that he gets his information from the opinion editorial section of the liberal newspaper, the New York Time. What a way to make the liberals look like terrorists...

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/ea..._id=1001882866

Ironically, if you think about it...this article is the smoking gun, guys! I'm loving this battle between the liberals and the conversatives...both on this board and the public press...
BANNED

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:29 PM       
He did open an animal refuge in pakistan back in the day.

True story.

Americans aren't considering criminals for any deaths they cause, like dropping nuclear bombs on islands for example, but Osama is held responsible for trying to cripple the US's economy-- which would theoretically be used to lead to a quick victory? That's the only justification I've ever heard for the use of a nuclear device.
Sounds like hypocricy to me. You harbor the same feelings for eachother.
HE KILLED CIVILIANS. We never do that, and we never mistreat them either. We treat them to london broil with creamy garlic mashed potatoes every night.
I still understand the idea of Hudna, it's not that complicated. Quit acting like your knowledge is power supreme and nobody dare touch the fringes of your establishment.

Your hatred just seems to be placed because of your perception rather than any truth.
Mocker

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I still understand the idea of Hudna, it's not that complicated.
Great.

Then why are you so insecure that you've had to tell me you understand 3 times? Like any of us give a shit. Your responses make it pretty clear what you're understanding, or not. You haven't made an original or interesting point yet.
BANNED

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:47 PM       
Because you repeated three times that I didn't get it, in more than one thread? Simple response, my oblivious friend. If you don't want me to try to justify my understanding don't attempt to persecute me.

Do you say things without wanting responses? If so, it seems you're arguing rather vapidly.
Mocker

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 05:07 PM       
Speaking of arguing vapidly... you sure think you have a lot to say on the topic of the mid-east. Next time, wait until you have something of substance to say. The bored stoner kid routine isn't working if you're actually trying to make a point.
BANNED

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 05:45 PM       
The foreign authority thing isn't really working out for you, either. Neither is the insidemindoftheterrorist andeverymiddleastern thing.
Mocker

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 05:52 PM       
Yeah well since this pissing contest is such a bore to us both...h'bout you say something informed, and on topic next time you hit the post button.
BANNED

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM       
Your behavior has been an exact reflection of that philosophy up unto this point. But you're right, I won't say anything off topic in this thread anymore, I'm kind of bored.