Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:39 PM        Mama Moonbat quits anti-war movement
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/5/28/12530/1525

"Good Riddance Attention Whore"

by CindySheehan

Mon May 28, 2007 at 09:57:01 AM PDT

I have endured a lot of smear and hatred since Casey was killed and especially since I became the so-called "Face" of the American anti-war movement. Especially since I renounced any tie I have remaining with the Democratic Party, I have been further trashed on such "liberal blogs" as the Democratic Underground. Being called an "attention whore" and being told "good riddance" are some of the more milder rebukes.

I have come to some heartbreaking conclusions this Memorial Day Morning. These are not spur of the moment reflections, but things I have been meditating on for about a year now. The conclusions that I have slowly and very reluctantly come to are very heartbreaking to me.
The first conclusion is that I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. Of course, I was slandered and libeled by the right as a "tool" of the Democratic Party. This label was to marginalize me and my message. How could a woman have an original thought, or be working outside of our "two-party" system?
However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the "left" started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used. I guess no one paid attention to me when I said that the issue of peace and people dying for no reason is not a matter of "right or left", but "right and wrong."
I am deemed a radical because I believe that partisan politics should be left to the wayside when hundreds of thousands of people are dying for a war based on lies that is supported by Democrats and Republican alike. It amazes me that people who are sharp on the issues and can zero in like a laser beam on lies, misrepresentations, and political expediency when it comes to one party refuse to recognize it in their own party. Blind party loyalty is dangerous whatever side it occurs on. People of the world look on us Americans as jokes because we allow our political leaders so much murderous latitude and if we don’t find alternatives to this corrupt "two" party system our Representative Republic will die and be replaced with what we are rapidly descending into with nary a check or balance: a fascist corporate wasteland. I am demonized because I don’t see party affiliation or nationality when I look at a person, I see that person’s heart. If someone looks, dresses, acts, talks and votes like a Republican, then why do they deserve support just because he/she calls him/herself a Democrat?
I have also reached the conclusion that if I am doing what I am doing because I am an "attention whore" then I really need to be committed. I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. If an individual wants both, then normally he/she is not willing to do more than walk in a protest march or sit behind his/her computer criticizing others. I have spent every available cent I got from the money a "grateful" country gave me when they killed my son and every penny that I have received in speaking or book fees since then. I have sacrificed a 29 year marriage and have traveled for extended periods of time away from Casey’s brother and sisters and my health has suffered and my hospital bills from last summer (when I almost died) are in collection because I have used all my energy trying to stop this country from slaughtering innocent human beings. I have been called every despicable name that small minds can think of and have had my life threatened many times.
The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing. His precious lifeblood drained out in a country far away from his family who loves him, killed by his own country which is beholden to and run by a war machine that even controls what we think. I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful. Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives. It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most.
I have also tried to work within a peace movement that often puts personal egos above peace and human life. This group won’t work with that group; he won’t attend an event if she is going to be there; and why does Cindy Sheehan get all the attention anyway? It is hard to work for peace when the very movement that is named after it has so many divisions.
Our brave young men and women in Iraq have been abandoned there indefinitely by their cowardly leaders who move them around like pawns on a chessboard of destruction and the people of Iraq have been doomed to death and fates worse than death by people worried more about elections than people. However, in five, ten, or fifteen years, our troops will come limping home in another abject defeat and ten or twenty years from then, our children’s children will be seeing their loved ones die for no reason, because their grandparents also bought into this corrupt system. George Bush will never be impeached because if the Democrats dig too deeply, they may unearth a few skeletons in their own graves and the system will perpetuate itself in perpetuity.
I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost. I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble.
Camp Casey has served its purpose. It’s for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford , Texas ? I will consider any reasonable offer. I hear George Bush will be moving out soon, too...which makes the property even more valuable.
This is my resignation letter as the "face" of the American anti-war movement. This is not my "Checkers" moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.
Good-bye America ...you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.
It’s up to you now.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2007, 12:55 AM       
Why do the people who want to end the war complain most about their children dying for nothing? If the war was ended prematurely and not finished and their child died in that war wouldn't it mean that they really died for nothing, in that case? Aren't they essentially aiming to make the war entirely pointless?

How are the Iraqis doomed to death?

I agree with the intention of this, to criticize the anti-war effort, but maybe she should have kept her opinion to herself.

Am I the only person who didn't support the war at first, but now that it's started I think that it should be "finished", or at least achieve some type of goal?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:44 AM       
So is she moving out of the US or killing herself now?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 09:51 AM       
Sounds like she might stay in Ireland, if she plans on selling her plot in Crawford now.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:52 PM       
I feel very sad for her, quite seriously.

In the end I believe we all die for nothing and that this is not the tragedy. That her son died young and violently in a war of choice seems tragic to me, and that his mothers sadness drove her to a place where she feels exhausted and broken is very sad.

I don't think before I had kids I would have felt the way I do. I think if either of my daughters died before me it would make me just about crazy. I think if they died violently it would make me even crazier. I think she tried very hard to do something positive with that craziness, and I'll leave whether she did or not to individual judgements.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:29 PM       
Talk about visions of grandiosity, jeez. Wonder which cult she'll join next. I think she'd look great with a shaved head and an orange robe.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Am I the only person who didn't support the war at first, but now that it's started I think that it should be "finished", or at least achieve some type of goal?
I've been thinking on the severe fucking the pro-Americans received in South Vietnam after we bailed, then I think of the Kurds.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM       
I feel better for her now.

What made me feel terrible was how her loss was taken advantage of by soooo many people. I totally understand her idealism, though I might disagree with her logic or conclusions just as much as I disagree with the methods she employed to do what she probably thought was right. She and her son were victimized not by his death, and not by George Bush, but by those that used her grief for political ends... on both sides.

I doubt she'll retire completely, but I think everybody just needs to give her time and hope she is able to use it to reboot and positively re prioritize her life in such a way as to avoid such spotlights in the future.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Old May 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM       
Hey, Abc, way to show your complete lack of empathy and accidentally (I assume) confuse Buhdism with a cult. An insensative and ignorant twofer!
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM       
"My hospital bills are in collections now because I spent all my money on politics."

There's a winner with solid priorities. Fuck 'er.
Mocker

Old May 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
Hey, Abc, way to show your complete lack of empathy and accidentally (I assume) confuse Buhdism with a cult. An insensative and ignorant twofer!

Ever hear of a Hare Krishna? Or the Baghwan?

You're even more desperate for attention then that stupid old cow. She's an easily manipulated loser exploiting her son's death. I have no empathy. If you're hugging dictators and hanging out with bigoted extremist that have appropriated a peace movment, then please don't wonder why you're lumped in with radicals, and people feel the urge to dissassociate with you. She stumbles around like a victim, when she should just come to terms that she's easily influenced and has a desperate need to belong. I don't have empathy for an adult who allows themself to be used as a pawn, while grieving and having a mid-life crisis. She's not a teenager. She chose to grandstand, and went far beyond anti-war activism. Code Pink amongst others exploited her, and her son's death, and for nothing. She let it happen...and she adopted some of the most anti-American extreme rhetoric in the process. I hope she goes back to her cave, finds herself yet another new identity. You want sensitivity? Go fuck yourself.
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM       
" You're even more desperate for attention then that stupid old cow."
-AlphabaWHAH?

Seriously? Li'l ol' me on this one message board? I Must be really really bad at being desperte for attention. Either that or you're just totally wrong as well as having about as much empathy as a mildly autistic toddler.

" You want sensitivity? Go fuck yourself."
-Alphabanasty

Frankly, I prefer a partner, but suit yourself. I see you don't like her, and I see why. I also see that for you, that dislike means feeling for someone who's child got killed is out of the question and that you feel fine about that. For the record, I don't 'like' her very much either. You have a very ugly side that you rather enjoy, you're incredibly superior, and you don't write very well, but if you ever have children and one of them dies before you and afterwards you felt driven to do even stranger things than you already do that I disagreed with even more than I disagree with everything you write, I would understand that you were a human being suffering the worst loss human beings can suffer and I'd probably stop saying horrible things about you until you felt better. At very least, I wouldn't take pleasure in your suffering. The whole scenario is a bit of a strecth, as it involved you doing the things you'd need to do to have children, but I think you take my point.

Lawsy, but I do hope this post has garnered me more attention than being the public face of a movement. I am just desperate for attention. From, you know, the dozen or so people who read this board.
=======

Old May 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
Please, just don't even respond to that, Abcdxxx.

Run away.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old May 30th, 2007, 11:34 PM       
considering she chose to be in the public eye, i don't think her loss puts her above criticism.
Mocker

Old May 30th, 2007, 11:37 PM       
run from what? "you don't write good" ?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2007, 04:17 AM       
lol abc made me laugh
Old May 31st, 2007, 10:37 AM       
Alphaboy, does choosing to be in the public eye put her beyond compassion?
Mocker

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:16 PM       
Apparently.
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:33 PM       
I'm sorry. I'm really feeling 'the urge to dissassociate with you' and your not good writting.
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:33 PM       
Apparently.
Mocker

Old May 31st, 2007, 05:27 PM       
i say go with that feeling, burbank.
it's easier then debating me.

::imaginary internet association terminated::

another soul saved.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:34 PM       
Being a face on television rather than a real live person in our individual experience goes most of the way to putting her beyond compassion for a lot of us. This is the way people tend to process things. It only matters when it's close to home. You should know that by now, Mr. 45-years-old, "My political and social arguments have weight because of my long years of life experience" Burbank.
=======

Old May 31st, 2007, 10:59 PM       
That doesn't make it right, and, when he needs to, Max knows how to draw from that well.

Let the teeming masses eat their cakes, wish for death and close their hearts. As long as the few of us acknowledge the higher order of things, the whole of us has not yet lost it's way.

Mocker

Old Jun 1st, 2007, 12:35 AM       
How dramatic. You should write horoscopes.

"Oh trusty Virgo, beyond your crystal challace the teeming masses eat their cakes, wish for death and close their hearts. As long as the few of us acknowledge the higher order of things, the whole of us has not yet lost it's way. Go onward and let your ship sail. Expect a full moon full of suprise."

Look, she used our compassion as a weapon, and it only went so far. My heart goes out to the rest of the boys family who have to deal with their loss AND that nutjob in their family tree.
Fartin's biggest fan
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 07:20 AM       
I hate to say it, but universal compassion is not the "higher order of things" that separates one from the teeming masses. It's just one more thing that keeps them teeming. So please, go teem some more, and come try again when you think you're ready. Teem.