Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:37 PM       
I walked to and from the coffee shop we hang out at, which is about four miles away. On my way back, I passed some guy getting his mail, and shivering violently. He asked me what in the world I was doing out in the cold, to which I replied "Chllin'." I feel complete now.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post

It's that time of the year. To seize.
Weird, I think your post seized up the chat thread. I can't get to the next page.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 11:58 PM       
Well that post made it so I could get to this page. Crazy weird dude.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM       
i'm a wizard
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I walked to and from the coffee shop we hang out at, which is about four miles away. On my way back, I passed some guy getting his mail, and shivering violently. He asked me what in the world I was doing out in the cold, to which I replied "Chllin'." I feel complete now.
Haha.

The mainland got fucked up today with rain and storm - but it was a really nice day down here. Like, the first time this summer. I think my islands happiness is determined by the misery of the rest of the country.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM       
Tadao, Zhukov: Thanks for the well wishes and yes, it was crazy cool
For everyone’s information, the procedure I saw was a triple bypass with ESVH (endoscopic vein harvesting). Initially I just watched the endoscopic part because it was easier to stay out of the way. To the untrained eye, it basically looked like he was just mashing about in there, clamping random bits of the body while pushing aside layers of fat and whatever else we keep in our legs. The camera quality was quite high, and the doctor did a good job of keeping it clean when he saw any haemorrhages due to his work. Oh, and there is something creepy about seeing light under a person’s skin (for the camera). The most unsettling part was when he pulled the vein out with his fingers from the most proximal incision. It was just a weird site. Following that he sewed up any remaining lacerations to the vein, so it would work for the procedure. Bottom line – endoscope work is amazingly advanced, but it looks like you just blast through layers of whatever.
Heart part: Let me start by saying bone saws are awesome. They also had some sort of cauterizing iron that arced a spark to stop bleeding and instantly scar tissue to keep it from bleeding. Oh, and those vice clamps they use to keep the cavity open? Straight out of Saw. This part of the procedure was immensely complex, and was difficult to see at some points because it was three surgeons working on a hole a bit larger than a deck of cards. They had to arrest the heart and run it through the machine, which they helped slow down quite literally with ice slush. The bypass is quite brilliant, it essentially is placing an artery into a new passage and then closing it shut like a drawstring bag. Suction was also a major part as the pericardial cavity often had started to fill thanks to the proximity and nature of the procedure. Oh and seeing arterial blood is weird, it’s like... Candy red.
Defining moment: When I scrubbed in and poked around inside that guy. After the grafts were in place and VS were stable, I got the experience of my life. Holy shit, there is nothing like holding a man’s beating heart in your hand. The surgeon also placed my hand on the aorta – if only it were always that easy to feel a pulse. Thoughts of Mortal Kombat ran through my mind to close my hand around his heart and scream ‘fatality’ but of course that was in jest. In closing, if you can ever see a surgery, go on and do it.
Tl;dr – I held a heart and i liked it.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:26 AM       
You arsehole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario
Defining moment: When I scrubbed in...
I got up to that stage thinking that you were having the surgery done on you. I wouldn't have wished you quite as much well wishes if I had known you were just going to BE THERE.

"Holy shit, this guy is watching the doctor take HIS OWN veins out of his body, and he's not even fussed."

I can't stop laughing. Nice story though.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 08:51 AM       
Hahaha, yeah I sort of got that impression from the post. Should have made that a little more clear earlier on haha

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM       
I was wondering why so many people were wishing you well.

We're not that nice.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 10:47 AM       
I used to do the call schedule for the hospital where I worked, and I remember doctors calling me FROM THE MIDDLE OF SURGERIES LIKE THAT to yell at me for messing up the vacation plans they never told me about. I was always imagining some poor guy open on the table for a CABG and thinking, wtf are you yelling at me for when you have someone open on an operating table?!?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:07 AM       
Second time Queensland has been fucked over in a very short amount of time, right?

Our whole area has been brought to a standstill. Outside, it's like walking on a frozen lake...everything is covered in thick layers of snow and ice. The whole city was shut down yesterday and anyone on the streets other than emergency personnel got ticketed. I don't know what it's going to be like today.

Lake Shore Drive in Chicago had a string of 1,000 cars stranded and abandoned during the worst of it. That's one of the most popular routes in the city, literally steps from downtown. Crazy.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
Let me start by saying bone saws are awesome.
Did anyone else think of Bone Saw McGraw?

'cause he's awesome too.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 12:19 PM       
I totally thought you were going in to have your heart worked on. I realized at "Initially I just watched the" that you must be training to be a nurse. THAT'S RIGHT I CALLED YOU A GIRLY MAN.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:17 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 02:49 PM       
harry naval
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:46 PM       
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM       
Fucking magnets, eh?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 05:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
[Dylan's sexy nipples]
Thank you, T.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM       
o'reilly is a total loon
I hate this hacker crap!
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Did anyone else think of Bone Saw McGraw?
I'm not 100% but I think he was there too.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Peter Jackman became England's best-known gurner, winning the world championship four times, beginning in 1998 with a face called the "Bela Lugosi." He had his teeth removed in 2000 to make his features easier to manoeuvre. Three years later, he died playing golf in Spain when a cliff face collapsed underneath him. 'Rubber Faced' Grant Owens then took the vacant crown by performing the unprecedented, and rarely seen, treble gurn. Owens states the reason for this is his extra large bottom lip which he used to be able to nestle polos in when he was a child.
:O
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 4th, 2011, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
No love for Phobos or Deimos.

Playing Doom has made me more knowledgeable of our solar system than Bill O'Reilly.

Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I was getting a blowjob from two girls from Battlestar Galactica
A pair of Eights?
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Thirdly, PUB:
Every time in the past three years that I have been in a position to have someone filming me doing a Bo Duke-style hood slide, and REMEMBERED AT THE TIME, I have not cared enough to do so. It is unlikely that this will change in the future.
It is cute that you think of me.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM       
Now show me your dick!