Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 03:46 AM        Weekly Music Review: Desensitized
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Music Review: Desensitized.
James Brown in hiding
D-MoN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 04:17 AM       
Drowning Pool was fucking stupid yes but at the same time it was so Goddamned fun and unlike most metal bands nowadays more concerned with dressing like Gay Zombie Magicians these guys actually seemed like they were having fun with what they did. So much so in fact that those phony pricks in stupid capes and eyeliner had to make up names to describe the shit like "mallcore" and "nu-metal" as part of the international gross-out competition that metal has become anymore. Ahh to remember the good old days when heavy music was actually fun and not some garbled screaming about misunderstanding Satanism and how God sucks. Of course it's not like anyone could understand that nonsense anyway.
Built in the 80s
GRUMPYNZ is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM       
I saw them live in 2002 (i think that was the year). They were pretty okay live, but they were a bit over-the-top. It was like they were trying to jam every single metal/rock n' roll cliche they possibly could into their show. It almost became comical.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
I always wondered where Drowning Pool went.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 01:02 AM       
I always wondered how this album was. Though Bodies is probably the dumbest song ever.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 01:41 AM       
It really, really is.

The band is still around, I think. They got yet another singer and put out another album, but I haven't heard any of it.

Reptilus Rex
Grossenschwamm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM       
I hated Bodies when it was new, and I never liked drowning pool. Then, last year, I met a 12 year old who loves drowning pool, and was coincidentally singing, "Let the bodies hit the flo! Let the bodies hit the flo!"
As a reference to how much ass he was kicking in World of Warcraft. I wished that I was eight years younger so I could kick his ass...or, you know, so I couldn't get arrested for assaulting a minor.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 07:05 PM       
I remember having a dream around the time that song came out where it was just a non stop refrain of the counting part except he kept counting. By the end of the dream It was "53, something wrong with me, 54 something wrong with me, 55 something wrong with me" It was very annoying.

I still think click click boom is a much worse song though. Click Click Boom is like the musical Samuel L Jackson, it's in everything. I feel like it should be general domain status by now.
C:enter:###
SLjimbolian is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 02:15 AM       
I'll admit I never did hear "Desensitized", but after seeing them live in April 2004, I was completely turned off. There was no chemistry between the band and singer Jason "Gong" Jones who replaced Williams. I might give this album a shot eventually, but I don't know if it will top "Sinner".
James Brown in hiding
D-MoN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 03:12 AM       
I've covered Bodies enough to know that for all the crap people give it that endless screaming at the end isn't the easiest thing in the world to do, nor the best for your pipes. I totally get why people were frustraited with it. Shit I can't hear Nickelback without reaching for something sharp to stick in a speaker but when taken in small doses, hell it wasn' that bad. Could be worse. Could be NiN or System of a Down.