Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
In both their defenses, Alabama has been ranked #1 for like two years and SCU beating them should be weighed more heavily than us beating shitty overrated Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
Oh, and another thing. Hearing fucking dumbass Robert Smiths mouth saying that he ranked Oregon over OSU BECAUSE OF THEIR ILLINOIS PERFORMANCE!? What the hell is that load of bullshit? Illinois has always played OSU with great performances, Ron Zook know's their type of play and style that he's not going to go out with a whimper. And just for shit's and giggles, do they even remember who won the god damn Rose Bowl?
Why would they want to be consistent? I mean let's give 'Bama a pass because of their past but fuck OSU's past, why should we care about that? They aren't in the SEC after all
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM       
superbowl is coming!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I regret I missed verbally shtting on you before you got banned

But man am I glad you got banned
You speak for most of us, I'm sure - myself included.
You may already be there.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2010, 03:01 PM       
Gerard Butler from 300 at Spartan Stadium, christ how gay is that

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 05:16 AM       
O is for over rated
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 04:17 PM       
I like how everyone stopped caring half a month ago

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 6th, 2010, 06:16 PM       
Haven't stopped caring, just no point saying the one thing that is on my mind because I have flogged that equine corpse too much already

That being said this year is proving how necessary a playoff is in College Football.... not that there will ever be one.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 03:53 AM       
when will those ducks fowl up stay tooned
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 06:51 PM       
Let's Go 'Bama!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM       
Someone please shoot me but revive me when Dec 6 hits. Worst season ever.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM       
Quote:
I was hurting for you WhiteRat
I could go on for hours but two 1-11 seasons in 4 years is absolutely brutal and has left our 2 year old $300 million on campus stadium half empty. People are abandoning the program in droves and rightfully so since this team can't play football if their lives depended on it. Losing to a bad FCS team in South Dakota at home? Losing to Northern Illinois at home? Getting drubbed in every other game we've played? TERRIBLE.

I pray to the football gods that our inept AD Joel Maturi can make the right hire this time and bring in a PROVEN head coach who can bring in his staff and establish a winning culture from day 1.

My top candidates?

Harbaugh, Chris Peterson, and Gary Patterson. We've got virtually no chance to get those guys but the higher ups are talking about shelling out 2-3mil a year, which should be enough to entice a solid coach to come up here. Contrary to what ESPN or other media folk will tell you, Minnesota is not a bad job at all. There is no reason why we should have to take a back to seat to Iowa and Wisconsin when those programs have no built in advantages that we don't have. I would be happy with some second teir coaches like Kevin Sumlin, Troy Calhoun, or Al Golden.

The AD reportedly won't even sniff at Mike Leach because us here simple Minnesotans are just too PC and won't hire a proven winner who rocks the boat from time to time.

Oh well, there's always next year, right?
Beloved Cunt
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 05:01 PM       
Quote:
Maybe they should pull the move OSU did

Snatch a great 1-AA coach up and make him a very good Big 10 coach
No can do. The admins have said that they would likely gun for a big name, a coach that has national recognition and has had a track record of success. The AD was quoted as saying they want to go for a "Tubby Smith type of hire". Tubby as you know has turned around our basketball program immediately and has the bball team ready to make some serious noise in the Big 10 and the NCAA Tourney. With fan support dwindling each day the program needs a big name that will give it a shot in the arm, much like Tubby did when he was hired.

A lot of folks in Mpls seem to think that former Oregon coach and AD Mike Bellotti is a front runner. I don't have a problem with him but his age (60) is a concern in the long scheme of things.
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 04:30 PM       
Wow, I can't believe Minnesota beat Illinois.

It makes it funnier that Michigan gave up 65 points to Illinois at the Big House last week.

Old Nov 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM       
I hate how OSU is a likely nod over both Wisky and MSU despite the fact that OSU lost directly to one and lost indirectly to the other.

And for fuck's sake, a TWO LOSS Alabama still ranked above a one loss MSU and Oklahoma State. I fucking hate college football.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 03:27 PM       
Quote:
I hate how OSU is a likely nod over both Wisky and MSU despite the fact that OSU lost directly to one and lost indirectly to the other.
This will almost certainly not shake out that way for OSU. As of this posting, Wisconsin is 7 in the BCS, while OSU is 9. Unless Wisconsin loses to Northwestern (unlikely) when OSU and Wisconsin handle their respective business against Northwestern and Michigan, they should stay in the relative same positions. They may go up a slot or 2 each, but if one goes, they both do. In a three way tie (MSU/Wisky/OSU) the tiebreaker for the Rose Bowl bid is the BCS rankings because of the quasi convoluted rock paper scissors situation going on there. Now lets say PSU beats MSU next week (which could happen, after all I think MSU is not who we thought they were) well the tiebeaker then becomes who won the OSU Wisky game.

Any way you slice it, Wisconsin is going to the Rose Bowl

Quote:
And for fuck's sake, a TWO LOSS Alabama still ranked above a one loss MSU and Oklahoma State. I fucking hate college football.
The AP and Coaches poll has the SEC's collective dicks in their collective mouths. It has always been this way, it will always be this way. Yet another reason they don't want a playoff, the SEC would be SO exposed in such a system
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Now lets say PSU beats MSU next week (which could happen, after all I think MSU is not who we thought they were)
Oh certainly, in terms of pure stats we are having a beyond incredible season, but after sitting down and actually watching us play for the last 12 weeks it's really obvious how absolutely lucky we've been for most of the year. Other than the Iowa blowout there's probably three or four other games we completely didn't deserve to win (ND, Northwestern, yesterday against Purdue definitely comes to mind).

And then, of course, you watch our game against Wisky and we had a handle on it the entire time.

MSU football is so infuriatingly inconsistent. Here we are, 10-1, and I still don't know if we're a good team or not. I've been watching since the John L. Smith years and never have I ever been optimistic about any game going into it. Yesterday's narrowly-missed embarrassment just shows that we have a long way to go before being seriously considered as a football powerhouse.

Old Nov 21st, 2010, 07:08 PM       
Quote:
Any way you slice it, Wisconsin is going to the Rose Bowl
You're forgetting the fact that if OSU loses but MSU and Wisky win, MSU wins the tie-breaker. Or SHOULD, at least

Or you're probably not forgetting that fact, because that would mean the fate of our bid lies in the hands of Michigan, and that's too laughable a concept to even take seriously.

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM       
The second one. (though you are correct in how it would shake out in that scenario. MSU would indeed go to the Rose Bowl if OSU lost)

By the way, gambler fact: Did you know that Wisconsin was only favored by 4 over Michigan.

Never have I come closer to betting everything I own on a game. Talk about a dead cert
Beloved Cunt
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM       
Look's like it's Golden's Golden Gophers!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:39 AM       
F**K YOU BCS!
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 11:40 AM       
Seriously, h8 the bcs

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 04:33 PM       
My predictions:

UConn v. Oklahoma: Oklahoma will destroy them, no contest. In fact why is this game even happening?

Va Tech v. Stanford: Va Tech is overrated, Stanford will win this one

TCU v. Wisconsin: Wisconsin should be able to win this one

OSU v. Arkansas: OSU but it will be a close one, no more than 10 points will separate them

Oregon v. Auburn: Oregon has a silly good offense and a passable defense. Auburn has a silly good offense and no defense to speak of at all. Oregon in a close one