Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 04:38 AM        Getting rid of echo effect
So, to avoid waking up people who share my room (ahem) I realized that my moniter has audio input and output jacks, such as it could be used for television and such. (Yeah, it has the three-colored ones, but also a 3.5 mm input jack with an output for headphones). So, what I did was got an audio cable with two male 3.5mm ends and attached it to the input and the computer output, then I toggle between the speaker cable and headphones through the monitor output jack because it's much more convenient than moving the computer at night.

So, I'm a genius, right? Except sound quality is terrible. With the speakers it constantly sounds like it has some sound filter set to "stadium" or some shit, and with headphones there's a pretty long echo to everything and everything sounds like it was recorded in a library bathroom stall. My assumption was just that this is caused by deteriorated quality from adding more connections to the audio circuit, but I really don't know. I've looked all around with seeing if anyone fucked up the media player settings (which I use because I'm lamer than the holocaust, I know), and I can't find anything except for the her playing with the bass level and such. Am I missing something, or am I just right and therefore screwed? Is there any way to fix this?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 08:30 AM       
:/ I run my output's to a stereo reciever and then to my headphones and never have "delay". the way you have it hooked up it "sounds like you have a loop going on giving an echo effect..
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM       
Is there a mic in your monitor or something? I know that this shouldn't explain the headphones, but I used to get a lot of feedback on my parent's computer with a mic that was always on and would constantly be recycling the audio even when no programs to record were on.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:10 AM       
Nope, just all kinds of input jacks plus one output for headphones.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT