Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 10:44 PM        Whos a Mac Expert
U of M is finally good for something - They auction off all thier old computers...I picked up 2 PowerMac G3s (one is a laptop and on is an all in one unit with a ZIP drive :O) and a Mac Classic...all for 93.50

Except, I don't know what the hell I am doing. MAC is scary, what are some good resource sites? THe desktop G3 is just giving me a blinking disk with a question mark on it? what the hell does that mean? boot disk? HELP!

LOL - The Mac Classic caught on fire. Well 2 out of three isnt bad...
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM       
The flashing question mark disk icon means they probably completely wiped the hard drives and you need to install the OS.

Those are some pretty expensive paper weights. :P
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 02:08 PM       
Yeah chimpy, I figured that out. The next step is "obtaining" a copy of OS 9. Can I just burn the img in nero or do I have to convert it? One of the ones I'm downloading is a toast file. Can PC burners read toast files or do I have to convert it?

Paperweights? - So far the laptop is useful for taking notes in class, and if someone jacks it, oh well 20 bucks. Better than getting my PC laptop jacked which cost me about 1000. As for the desktop MAC, I'm sure there are enough basement dwelling mac freaks that are willing to pay 50 - 100 dollars for it, recouping my costs.

As for the mac classic, I still have a homemade catapult on our farm. I think I will paint it blue and make it a little red cape, before I launch it. This will give also give me the chance to test out those new tungsten shotshells. Thats right, when you spend half your life in the country, you learn that safety is first. Pull!

Fuck sorry for the TL;DR
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:07 AM       
As far as I know, toast files are really just iso files so you can just treat them like a normal image.