Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM        The "it really stinks when no football is on" thread
I figure if baseball fans get a thread to lament wintertime, we football fans should have one lamenting spring and summer.

Hell we don't even get Arena Football this year At least in years past we had that for a weak football fix, now that's gone too

We can discuss trades, the draft, or anything else here regarding NFL or college football though
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM       
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/22/harr...o-release-him/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Schefter
Already the speculation about where Harrison will land is beginning. For starters, Harrison is determined to continue playing. A logical landing spot would be the receiver-needy Philadelphia Eagles, where Harrison would be reunited with his former Syracuse teammate, QB Donovan McNabb, while getting to play in the city where he lives.
Pfffft. Likelier that TO will come back to Philly. Andy Reid and the Eagles "brain-trust" may finally acknowledge the need for a game-breaking wideout, but they are very big on character. Harrison's off-field problems, while still only alleged, make him a poor fit for Philly. Try Dallas.
You may already be there.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:30 PM       
I didn't cry when my pappy died, I didn't cry when I broke my legs, but if Ray Lewis does indeed go to the Cowboys after he becomes a free agent Friday, I'm afraid I'll have to shed a tear.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 06:39 PM       
The Vikings are close to striking a deal with the Texans for Sage Rosenfels.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2009, 07:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/22/harr...o-release-him/

Pfffft. Likelier that TO will come back to Philly. Andy Reid and the Eagles "brain-trust" may finally acknowledge the need for a game-breaking wideout, but they are very big on character. Harrison's off-field problems, while still only alleged, make him a poor fit for Philly. Try Dallas.
[Obligatory comment about Andy Reid's drug dealing sons.]
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 12:10 PM       
[acknowledging hypocrisy in the Eagles' front orifice ...]

Yes, it really sucks when those "flawed characters" are your own flesh and blood.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 12:20 PM       
BTW Happy Birthday, Pac-man.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 12:41 PM       
Indy released Harrison. It's a sad day for Colts fans. I could see him going to a few teams, though the most comforting to me (and most fans) would be him w/ Eli in NY to fill a Plaxico void.

I only have one request, Marv! Do not sign with the Pats.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 01:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
BTW Happy Birthday, Pac-man.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 11:42 PM       
Rich Eisen of the NFL Network left the booth to run the 40 at the combine then gets superimposed with Pat White's 40:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZb3DRt6_Gk&
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM       

"Rich! You look like you was pushing a wheelbarrow, man!"
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 26th, 2009, 01:53 PM       
The Buccaneers cut 5 recently:

Derek Brooks, Warrick Dunn, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, and Cato June.

June really underperformed since he left Indy but I was still surprised to see his name on the list.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 01:19 PM       
Happy belated birthday, WhiteRat.

The Buc's also traded some draft pick (2 or 3?) for Kellen Winslow Jr. They got probably the best available tight end of the class this season.
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM       
Albert Haynesworth will have his least productive year since the 2006 season next year.
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM       
I agree.

I think it's ridiculous that a DT is the highest paid defensive player ever and is guaranteed nearly half of his total contract. I could maybe see a game changing MLB (Ray Lewis in his prime) or a true shutdown corner (Champ Bailey or Darryl Green) getting money in that range, but a DT? How many times is he going to get to the QB? He'll be stopping the run, sure, and he'll likely be freeing up the other linemen, but 100 million?!?!

The Redskins will NEVER win a Super Bowl as long as he's on the team. Throwing money at FAs didn't work before in DC and it's not going to work again.
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM       
So the Vikings traded for 8 year veteran back-up QB Sage Rosenfels and cut Gus "Rickety Bones" Frerotte. They then promptly signed Rosie to a 2 year $9 mil contract, making him the second highest paid back-up in the league. So if Jackson falters, Rosie is supposed to be our answer? Puh-leeze!
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 02:55 PM       
WOW. Matt Cassel and Mike Vrabel were traded to the Chiefs for, get this, A SECOND ROUND PICK!

The 34th overall pick for those two? Seriously? All post season I heard that it would likely take two 1st rounders to get him.
Oozes machismo
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM       
I'm just happy for the chiefs.
Beloved Cunt
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM       
Now that the Chiefs still have the 3rd pick in the draft, they can go after Michael Crabtree. Imagine a superstar-to-be in Dwayne Bowe lining up with Crabtree. Talk about great options for Cassel to throw to.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:35 AM       
That'd be a helluva coup... they could be next season's worst-to-first story.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 08:42 PM       
What, did they just have a fire sale in New England, and only invited KC? Seriously, I'd have thought that they could have gotten a bit more than just a 2, hey?

Seriously.

In Eagleville, we are mourning the loss of Brian Dawkins to the Broncos (!) - he followed the money, as usual. No surprise, and no disrespect toward him. I just think that if Jeff Lurie really thought he was "a pillar of the Eagles organization" he would have made him a comparable offer to keep him around till he retired. But that may not have been the best "business decision".

And Lito Sheppard gets traded to the Jits for a 5th rounder this year and either a 2, 3, or 4 in '10 depending on his playing time. (sound of crickets chirping from the Eagles faithful)

In other news, the signing of former Bengals OL Stacy Andrews (Shawn's bro') made headlines. Let's hope it provides a stabilizing influence on our emotionally fragile Guard.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:24 AM       
Brian Dawkins as a Bronco. They're Unicorns now!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM       
Lots of allegations being flung at Bill Belichick for letting Matt Cassel go to the Chiefs for just a 2nd rounder. This could be fun on a bun.
Beloved Cunt
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:59 PM       
Reports have Jay Cutler as being steamed that new coach Josh McDaniels tried to trade him in a 3 way deal for Cassel. The St. Paul paper now says the Vikings are interested in Cutler.

If the Vikes could pull that off, anything less than a Super Bowl next season will be a massive disappointment.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:15 PM       
But the Vikes have "Sassy" Sage Rosenfels. Cutler will stay in Denver methinks.