Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 10:20 AM        Chalabi as scapegoat
I'm not saying Chalabi isn't a sleazy, trecherous conman. I'm saying we knew that all along, and any neocon stupid enough to have ever believed his self serving blather has only themselves to blame.

Today it turns out Neo Con Darling and tax dollar sinkhole Chalabi told the Iranians we'd broken their code. That's a nice thnk you from a guy we've given literally billions of dollars to in return for bogus information.

But I think Chalabi has been a trojn horse all along, and now that he's no longer useful he can be dumped and blamed. I think a lot of the smarter Neocons never worried about wether Chalabi was telling them the truth or not and their attitude was "If it's on the level, great. If not, once we're in we can say "Hey, don't blame us, Chalabi lied"

So Chalabi's gets a show of public US disfavor, about the only thing that could decrease Iraqis hatred of him. It gives him some street cred. Who knows, we may even arrest him. But if even his head rolls, do you think any of the people who promoted him and paid him billions will get so much as a slap on the wrist? Dream on. His job was to lay credible groundwork to get us into Iraq. Mission Accomplished.