Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Sadly I connect with the Comedian.
No you don't. The comedian isn't a complete dumbass
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 01:40 PM       
Lol, you have the stink of a fanboy.
Crazy dog woman
the Platinum Poppy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 04:21 PM       
I saw the movie yesterday. It's not like it's my all-time greatest movie experience or anything, but I liked it. It was fun watching the comic come to life. Rorsach is absolutely great in the movie... and I think Dr Manhattan was great too, it became even more obvious how disconnected he is from normal humanity when everyone else looks human and he's a glowing CGI freak. In the book he looks like everyone else except blue and with white eyes, since they're all pictures drawn in the same style,but in the movie he's way more different. And just like Gollum in LOTR they somehow managed to convey lots of emotions and character through a CGI.

I think you understood Sally Jupiter's character in the comic book, here too much was cut out, you didn't get a grip on her. But it was inevitable to leave large chunks out when making a movie for the theatres. And apparently loads and loads of stuff will be put in the DVD edition. My only real complaint is that the fighting scenes look like Hong Kong action stuff. That was a stupid decision, given that the whole premis for the book and the movie is "what would the world be like if real people dressed up in costumes to fight crime?". Well, according to the movie they would all gain superpowers to some extent. Silly.
There was only one point where the movie made a smart decision about a fight scene, and that's
Spoilers!
. And although it's probably blasphemy for a comic book nerd to say this, I think the slightly changed ending was an improvement.

But the movie would probably have been a greater experience if I hadn't read the book first, so I didn't know in advance what would happen. Everyone who has read the book first says the movie must be incomprehensible if you haven't. But reviews from people who actually haven't read the book seem to be largely positive, they think it's very exciting and interesting to see how the plot evolves but not at all impossible to follow. So... I think us people who have read the book just have trouble imagining what it would be like without that knowledge.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Lol, you have the stink of a fanboy.
I didn't know taking the oppurtunity to call you an idiot was an indication of being a fanboy of watchmen. Most people don't connect with amoral vigilantes who are guilty of rape and murder, and I assume someone claiming they do is lying and an idiot.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:44 PM       
Wait, now the comedian is a complete dumbass? Make up your mind.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM       
Better yet, keep it to yourself, I never cared about anything you have typed, why should I care now.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:46 AM       
I can't get enough of that panda's ass.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:33 PM       
I know, every time that I log on, that fuzzy white rump just beckons my eyes to gaze upon it. It’s a spiritual experience, really.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 02:37 AM       
I thought the movie ending was way better than the book ending. I fucking hated he ending of the book because no one argued with Ozymandias in any intellectual way.

Spoilers!

I know I bitch about this all the time, but it is my only beef with the entire book.

And the music in the movie was hilariously out of place. I don't understand why the entire soundtrack was constructed from my high school soccer coaches 'hit's of the 60's' iTunes playlist.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM       
It wasn't so much as a hissy fit as it was a "Well this is stupid and wrong I'm going to go do something about it."

Also, a lot of the music they used was taken from the book.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:39 PM       
I'm with Scru. The ending of the Watchmen comic pissed me off.

Spoilers!