Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:34 PM       
HEY RONGI!
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:34 PM       
Sssh ssh. Be quiet before you wake up papa-san!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:36 PM       
lol don't wake daddy

-willie
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:37 PM       

That game was fucking AWESOME
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 11:45 PM       
I ONLY HAD THE CHEAP-ASS TRAVEL VERSION. I WAS POOR

Marilyn666 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
Sssh ssh. Be quiet before you wake up papa-san!
What?
And I thought they made "don't Wake Daddy" in the 90's.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 11:58 AM       
Please keep talking Marilyn666 I would love to see jeanette out smart you again!

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:01 PM       
She hasn't outsmarted me.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM       
Quote:
And I thought they made "don't Wake Daddy" in the 90's.
what does that have to do with anything :/

-willie

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM       
I'm not the one who brought up the game.
OH GOD
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:19 PM       
i was responding to "Be quiet before you wake up papa-san!". I don't know what THAT is in reference to, but it reminded me of "don't wake daddy". What "don't wake daddy" has to do with "being from the 90's or not" is up to you to explain to me

-willie

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:26 PM       
Well now it seems like it was made before that, but I remeber the commercials.
OH GOD
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 12:34 PM       
i still don't get why when dont wake daddy was made has anything to do with anything :/

-willie

Old Jan 18th, 2004, 01:52 PM       
Never mind.
OH GOD
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 02:14 PM       
oh go take some chewables

-willie
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 12:14 AM       
LOL

This thread is hilarious. Anyhoo...

Death metal, think of low-pitched guitars played very fast, with deep roars for vocals. Heavy on the drums too, often a lot of double bass action. More extreme than thrash metal (early Metallica) but doesn't get quite as chaotic as grindcore (early Napalm Death). Still can be pretty all over the place. There has been an increasing emphasis on technical originality more recently. So the songs are not as simplistic as hardcore (although hardcore has gone the technical route too). There's also a branch of it that melds Iron Maiden style melodic heavy metal with death metal - it's been called the "Swedish style" or melodic death metal. Lyrics tend to be about, you know, death, gore, Satan, etc. Representative bands: Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Obituary, Entombed, In Flames, At the Gates...

Blackmetal, on the other hand, has a higher "sound" for its guitars and higher pitched vocals that are screeched. Less about gore and more about Satan, and some pagan elements thrown in there for good times. Definitely more "goth" looking than death metal musicians, who look more, I dunno, grungy. There's a side to it that prides itself on being TROO and KVLT metal, and has shit production values. There's also a punk music feel to TROO black metal. The other side is more melodic, using pseudoclassical keyboards and that sort of thing. Overall, there's an emphasis on "atmosphere" that's more pronounced for blackmetal than death metal. Guitars are usually played fast. Drumming can be pretty nuts too. Representative bands: Emperor, Mayhem, Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone.

Hope that helps!

Old Jan 20th, 2004, 05:55 PM       
"goth music" isn't a type of music.

And executioneer, you shouldn't want me to take chewables, because if I do I wont die.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 08:13 PM       
If you stab yourself, like all goths talk about in their poems. You'll die anyway :/
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn666
So what are Sisters of Mercy, Bauhaus, and Fields of the Nephilim then?
Chojin's Hussy
Sicktodeathmx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 11:23 AM       
Quote:

And executioneer, you shouldn't want me to take chewables, because if I do I wont die.
*Cough* Bauhaus? Sisters of Mercy? I could have sworn they were at one point labeled goth.

You all have had really good definitions of death vs. black metal. Better than what I could have come up with. But you know, then you can get into the subs of Emo. You know, Botch and shit like that. This one board I post in thinks that Botch is like emo of sorts.

Jennifer Michelle

Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
When you catogorize the music they don't have a thing called "goth music".
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:26 PM       
GOD DAMN THERES TWO TYPES OF MUSIC

1. GOOD

2. BAD

There aren't these sub catagories and shit like that.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:37 PM       
Yes there are. It's stupid not to classify music. There's no way to refer to it and have people know of what you speak without genres.
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 08:41 PM       
Well, I'm pretty much talking about these stupid sub-catagories. Like pop-punk and stuff like that. The music is punk. Mainstream punk, but still punk. No questions asked and no genre mixing.

THAT's what I really don't like.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 08:23 AM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
When you catogorize the music they don't have a thing called "goth music".
So what catagory are they in then?