Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I don't want to force anyone to do anything. If italian, spanish, mexican, german, or any other nationalities wish to speak in their native dialect then that's fine. I think they'll find out real fast that if you don't speak the proper language then it will be very difficult for them to participate in society.

I think the main issue is checking if they are in the country legally and if not we can always send them packing and they can speak their native language as much as they want in there country of origin, and send their government the bill for the plane ride.
AMERICA!
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
Speaking of which,

I wonder how Arizona is fairing after they past that immigration law. Which I may add is just a copy and paste of the federal law that's been on the books for decades.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : May 10th, 2010 at 02:57 PM.
Is a RoboCop.

Old May 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM       
Quote:
I wonder how Arizona is fairing after they past that immigration law. Which I may add is just a copy and paste of the federal law that's been on the books for decades.
I thought it was ridiculous they passed it on Cinco De Mayo.
Banned

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I thought it was ridiculous they passed it on Cinco De Mayo.
You serious?

They were really twisting the knife with that gesture. Kind of like making alcohol illegal on St. Patti's day.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:11 PM       
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I guess I don't understand why it seems to be so damn hard for people to know more than one language. On the Continent it's a given. You can understand and do way more if you at least have one Romance language under your belt, and not live in utter paranoia of linguistic collusion.
When I was traveling with the family in France about a decade ago I tried like the Dickens to speak and think entirely in French - which was difficult considering I only mastered the equivalent of High School level 3. Anyhoo, I was actually understood, and got a few good-natured language lessons on the way. It seemed that the people were actually pleasant and friendly (maybe because I was obviously making a serious effort to speak their native language). (I was actually complimented on my accent once. Imagine that!)

As the vacation wore on it became easier to think en Français, right up until I almost ran over an elderly woman on my way into a rest stop. I immediately said Excusez-moi, madame to which she responded Je vous en pris - and I couldn't for the life of me figure out if she just said "no worries mate" or "fuck you and the horse you rode in on". It was then I realized I would really like to go back home and speak "Amurikin" again.

I guess if you are forced to interact with a variety of people where the language is unfamiliar, eventually you will develop a natural facility. But that's just my opinion.
You may already be there.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Indeed. And if not you, then at least your children, if you have any.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:27 PM       
Quote:
I think they'll find out real fast that if you don't speak the proper language then it will be very difficult for them to participate in society.
Well, at least the issue with this spanish thing is that its starting to change society in many places. Like where i live, there's billboards and shit everywhere in spanish and lots of business that cater specifically to spanish people. They aren't really a minority here, and I don't think that they have any difficulties participating in (their) society.
Is a RoboCop.

Old May 10th, 2010, 10:29 PM       
BUT THEY DON'T SPEAK THE PROPER LANGUAGE
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Like where i live, there's billboards and shit everywhere in spanish and lots of business that cater specifically to spanish people.
Yes, I remember they tried that sort of thing in NE Philly, in a predominantly Korean neighborhood, hanging street signs with dual linguistics. That lasted about a week.

City of brotherly lo... YO! YOU SPEAK ENGLISH!
You may already be there.
Banned

Old May 11th, 2010, 10:12 AM       
We have to dive a little bit deeper into this. It's not just that some stuffy old Americans are getting upset because they're having trouble communicating with their gardener or drive-up teller at the local fast food joint. It's that certain cultures and ethnicities have been given incentives to seperate themselves from American culture.

So instead of it being a melting pot it turns into a quiilt where everyone is seperated into these little boxes and can be pushed with ease into conflicts with one another. I remember one time I went to a spanish bar in my neighborhood with a guy that was fluent in spanish.

When we walked in everyone looked at us like we had 3 heads but after the culture shock wore off we all had a good time.

After I left I asked myself why there was this hidden underground of people that drink at spanish bars, eat at spanish restaurants, and shop at spanish grocery stores. Well, the reason for this is that many of these people are illegal aliens....that's a no brainer....but the more pressing issue is that like the immigrants of old they are huddled into these little communities. The issue that differs from immigrants in the past is that its getting harder and harder for these underground communities to assimilate into the American way of life. There are many ethnocentric groups (privately funded by foundations and big business) that preach race war. Preach division. Preach victim ideology.

If you look at the paper trail La Raza, one of the most incediary Latino Ethnocentric groups, gets most of its money from Wall-Mart. We have to realize that this is social engineering. Controlling the minds of these defenseless immigrants and turning them on the American people.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 11th, 2010, 10:56 AM       
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM       
I don't know if you are being serious or just kidding around Dimnos.
Banned

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I don't know if you are being serious or just kidding around Dimnos.
To be honest, it doesn't really matter if he's serious or not. His posts are mostly pictures, over sized text that repeat, or a random comment so he can feel part of the conversation.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM       
Are you hoping to tag team with me against Dimnos? It's not going to happen.
Banned

Old May 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
Are you hoping to tag team with me against Dimnos? It's not going to happen.
Our names and the phrase "tag team" should never be used in the same sentence. Please remember this.
Old May 11th, 2010, 01:01 PM       
That is one of those pictures that is worth 1,000 words. Those are the kind of Mexicans that come to American illegally and expect to just be entitled to things when they "put in" to begin with. I love how his sign says they will continue to kill cops until they get what they want. YES! Because murder is the proper way to go about things.

I watched a video of an illegal being interviewed. She was saying how most people who have a problem with illegals say that they dont pay taxes and she argued that she did every time she goes to the store. She didnt even understand that people are talking about federal taxes but wanted to argue the subject.
Banned

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM       
That's what these people are being taught, the real question is who is teaching them this entitlement ideology?

I say the enthnocentric privately funded groups but you be the judge.
Is a RoboCop.

Old May 11th, 2010, 01:47 PM       
Yeah, but you blame everything on privately funded groups.
Banned

Old May 11th, 2010, 02:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Yeah, but you blame everything on privately funded groups.
Well,

Who is funding the ethnocentric group called La Raza that teaching race based revolution?
Old May 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM       
Morons.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM       
Quote:
That's what these people are being taught, the real question is who is teaching them this entitlement ideology?
People who pay federal taxes.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old May 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM       
A good chunk of illegals don't bother learning english because they don't intend on sticking around forever. Once they've earned enough money to build a house back home or whatever they plan on going back to Mexico. They're only working in America because the Mexican economy is so fucking awful.

I'm pretty much cool with spanish speaking in America. The only thing that gets me is what Khaljorn was talking about. The bilingual job requirement is a real kick in the dick, but it's the smug bilingualists that really make me mad. Someday though I'll also be a smug bilingualist and then I'm really gonna stick it to you stupid monolingual fags.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 11th, 2010, 06:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
then I'm really gonna stick it to you stupid monolingual fags.
Wait, are you making a pass at me?