Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM        Nintendo 3DS
It's officially out in every country that matters. Anyone besdies me pick it up?

Personally, as soon as I played it at PAX East, I was sold. The AR cards in particular are pretty great and can make for some fantastic games in the future. And the 3D actually makes some games look better (Street Fighter).

Haven't had problems with battery life; my workplace is in a mall so I leave it in Sleep Mode for 8 hours to collect children('s Miis) and earn coins. I actually like the idea of coins, but I hate that there's a hard limit on how many you can earns (you can use the coins you earn from walking to buy shit in games.)

Oh, and Face Raiders is fucking awesome. Half the fun of the 3DS right now is just the system's prepacked software. Oh! And Friendcodes are tied to the system now! Fucking finally! Here's mine: 4210-3992-7704

Anyone else pick it up and try any games? I've got Street Fighter and Pilotwings keeping me company along with the built in software. Street Fighter is actually pretty fucking fantastic on the system, and the multiplayer matched I've done have been great.

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 07:55 PM       
Nah, too expensive and not enough good games out yet. Gonna wait and see where this goes in a few months before I think about getting one.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM       
i generally hate handhelds because i spend most of my time at home or school or work, where i either have access to television technology or am not allowed to play games.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 09:26 PM       
I've never had a handheld system, but now that this is out DS prices may take a dive on Kijiji or whatever so I might pick one of those up.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 09:53 PM       
i wish i had cash but sadly no, cause i really really want sf4

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 11:38 PM       
Picked mine up early in the morning on day one and I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. I bought Ridge Racer and SSF43D. The 3D effects are pretty impressive, more so with Ridge Racer than Street Fighter. As it was mentioned in the first post, Face Raiders is fucking awesome. Very cool of Nintendo to have the built-in games not be throwaways.

As for the battery life, with wifi turned on the 3D at full blast and street pass running, it can take a toll (about a 3 hour lifespan). Today I took it out and about played for about a hour and kept it in sleep mode for the rest of the afternoon... 7 hours later and the battery is still over halfway charged.

So yeah, the 3DS is pretty rad. I really can't wait until the high profile games start coming out.
has a woody
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 12:50 AM       
Try Street Fighter in the 3D game mode specifically. It's REALLY hard to play that way, but hot damn, it's fucking pretty.

I'm slowing getting used to the controls now. Got a five win streak online with my girl Cammy and my mixups are slowly coming back to me. Just need to get used to playing the rest of my dudes and it'll be just like at home. Also, I like that they included all the costumes right out of the gate. Chug a dick, DLC.

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 04:40 AM       
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM       
i have a lynx, but no slime world :<
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:09 PM       
That's like owning an awesome video game system with a bajillion games, but no controllers. Go get it on eBay... it sells for under 10 bux usually.

Also, I like portable systems, but I usually only play a couple of games a lot and then end up neglecting the thing. I'm happy with my DS (and the R4 card) so I think I'm gonna pass on the 3DS unless it releases some amazing game that I can't live without.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM       
The new kid icarus is really tempting me to get one.
has a woody
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM       
I can't play Kid Icarus cause I'm a lefty. Tried it at PAX East and was heartbroken. Hopefully they add a second control option.

I took a break from Street Fighter (I can do Cammy's tiger uppercut version of the Canon Strike now! Thanks 3DS!) to play Pilotwings, which is pretty nice and a great way to kill a few minutes. The squirrel suit is pretty boss, and flying into a 3D volcano is pretty cool.

Oh, and some chubby chick uploaded a 3D photo of her tits for strangers to look at on their systems. It was more creepy than erotic.

Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
I can't play Kid Icarus cause I'm a lefty. Tried it at PAX East and was heartbroken. Hopefully they add a second control option.
Another reason why the Lynx is superior. It allows you to flip the screen so you can play any game left-handed or right-handed.

In all seriousness though, I am glad to see Kid Icarus getting some love again. I always loved the reaper who freaked out and summoned the reapettes.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2011, 11:29 PM       
I'm picking mine up today, but I haven't planned which games I'll be getting. Is Zelda out yet? Also, I don't want to trade my DS in and only get about $20 for it so I think I'm just going to give it away.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:11 AM       
I want to get a 3DS for Megaman Legends 3.
Possibly for a new Castlevania game too.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:57 AM       
Are they doing a 3D Castlevania on it? It'd be interesting to see how they could make that work... old 2D gameplay but with the new 3D style. Just wouldn't want it to be a first-person hack 'n slash kind o' deal.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:04 AM       
I heard they are re releasing simons quest and the 3rd one. Hopefully a brand new 2d one too
has a woody
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 07:39 AM       
I can't imagine a world where Konami doesn't release 3 Castlevania games on a Nintendo handheld.

I'm getting so many StreetPasses at work/the mall lately. I had the weird experience of walking past a dude and thinking "oh yea, HE has a 3DS" and pulled it out after I passed him. He DID, and his Mii had cat ears. I deleted him

I also got a repeat StreetPass, meaning there's another dude working near me who totally needs to be my 3DS buddy.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM       
that sounds weirdly homo erotic

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Forum Virgin
Izlude is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM       
Speaking of new castlevanias, how was that one for the 360, with the multiplayer... and all zoomed out and such.

I'm looking forward to getting a 3DS some day for SSFIV: 3D edition. Looks pretty awesome. That and who isnt looking forward to a 3d pokemon game!?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM       
Castlevania HD was boss, especially with 6 people.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 09:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I heard they are re releasing simons quest and the 3rd one. Hopefully a brand new 2d one too
SKATASTIC
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izlude View Post
Speaking of new castlevanias, how was that one for the 360, with the multiplayer... and all zoomed out and such.
Mad fun. I still play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I just got my pair of Sonic Boots wednesday that I'll never use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post

Awwww yeaaaaaahhh{if you have a 3DS :<}
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 09:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT IT WAS PLAYING IT WITH BILL AND NOT FATHOM ZERO EVER.