Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM        Frequency/Amplitude (Pre Guitarhero)
Did anyone ever play these? I got into it from some Demo disc out of OPM and it was rad. The game is so addictive and some of the music is absolutely killer.

I obliterated Freq when I was in Highschool and when Amplitude came out I liked it but not as much as FreQ. You could tell that the music was mostly pop-garbage to make the game a little more mainstream, but once you smashed all the crap songs the stuff on the last levels was mostly awesome songs done by Symbion who was the guy that made some of the trippier tunes in FreQ.

Anyways, I popped this in and played the shit out of it. Such an underrated gem. I read a while ago that Harmonix was excited for a return to the series which made the boner sequence initiate.

Any freQs? If there is anyone who played this game so much that they couldnt sleep because all they would see when they closed their eyes was the track scrolling towards them, this may make you shit nostaligia:

CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:54 AM       
This is actually where I first heard of Freezepop. I really like this game, though I was nowhere as good as Chojin.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:18 AM       
When my roommate had a girlfriend, she was living with us, and she really wanted us to get into Amplitude like she was. So she brought it over and asked us to play it. Right when it began, I put the game on the hardest difficulty. Then my roommate and I proceeded to see how far each of us could get on the hardest. We did this for an hour and the girl just got irritated and left. We kept trying to beat eachother's fuck up spots and make stupid jokes about it for about 2 more hours after that. She never let us borrow the game again.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:38 AM       
Where is the part where you get the chaos emerald?
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 04:02 AM       
I think I have Amplitude somewhere around here...wish I sold that instead of Dark Cloud...young Ox was quite the idiot, yeah.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
I think I have Amplitude somewhere around here...wish I sold that instead of Dark Cloud...young Ox was quite the idiot, yeah.
Dont feel bad, I was a stupid ass kid. I tore through the box of Megaman X3 and then later sold it for 3 bucks. Complete goes on ebay for over $400.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM       
these games were so good

i played them so much they actually completely warped my perception of music. now when i listen to music i often drum it like in frequency--index is kick, middle is snare, ring is hi-hat

i was really, really good at the games but somehow could never get a top rating on rock show, for some reason. shit was SO FAST
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM       
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM       
haha i remember when people were talking about vib ribbon and how much they wanted to import it when it was new. fuck.

also, i played amplitude because a girl i dated had it and insisted i play it because i like video games. i lasted, like, a minute. fuck that game!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 07:00 PM       
vib ribbon da bess

you could play your own music and the game would base levels around it. a couple megadeth songs i had were nearly impossible