Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM       
Why is that guy flipping off the camera?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM       
Daddy lost.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM       
I had heard his spoiled children were emotionally shattered, but I had yet to see with my own eyes. Thank you, Kevin, for allowing me the opportunity to see that.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM       
The problem is Pelosi can out evil any Republican evil doer if she puts her mind to it. Beware of the Pelosi-Boxer-Fienstien troika out of CA. They're bad fucking news.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM       
Kevin, common ground! I have to say the shot I saw of Santorums sobbing, doll carrying child made me smile, and I felt so small about it! I mean, she' just a kid, it's not her fault her dad's Rick Santorum, of course she loves him! And yet, there it was, the picture made me happy. Oh well. I'm only human.
RectalWart is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
Never mind.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:05 PM       
So what's so bad about this Pelosi lady?
I'm really interested to see what these democrats can do beyond "fixing" everything the republicans "Fucked up".
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:33 PM       
Oh shit son, Ds take House and possibly the Senate, and Rumsfeld steps down.

I wonder if this means an implosion of the Republican party in general. Really, the only thing that would top this is if Bush was found dead from heroin overdose tomorrow ;<

Oh and a preemptive fuck off - i'm a registered independent and I haven't had anything to be a giddy little cheerleader about in a long while ;<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:49 PM       
Also, where would one go to find county-specific election results? Google's onyl giving me shit from 2004.
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM       
I may be wrong, but that might not be available for a while. Even the numbers you get on election night aren't from the government, they're from the AP.

I'd call your county board of elections (or equivalent) and put in an order for a print copy. Might cost you a $1.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 04:59 PM       
CNN has that info on the website.
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM       
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:07 PM       
I honestly don't know why Santorum's always creeped me out. I've never found any hints of corruption on him, but I'm really kinda glad he didn't make the cut. Max, you're a terrible person. You should never take pleasure at the sight of a.... aw, fuck it. Santorum had her on the stage for a reason. Maybe that's the perfect image for the Republicans of today: a sniffling child that has no idea what's going on.

Yeah, I had full confidence the Republicans would emerge unscathed from this one, but that's not because I had faith in them. I really couldn't see the Democrats suddenly figuring out how to do anything right after they've shown no capacity for doing so in 5 years, and I had even less faith in the American public to think about their votes... I'm still not convinced that's what happened in either case, though. The numbers are not out yet, and I think when we can see the full picture of what happened there will be some interesting motivations to observe.

Chojin, you should be able to get county by county info on your Secretary of State's website. Geggy, how in the HELL can you sit there and ignore the obvious fact that when the Dems win, all that "voting fraud" and all those legal challenges and recounts we've come to accept since 2000 suddenly disappear? Do you think the Republicans just forgot to fix this one? "Stolen elections" is now officially a myth, though I truly hope we can find the time within the next two years to add printers to every voting machine in the country and tighten up security to the point we can dispense with the endless BS we've had to sit through in this regard for 6 years now and move on.

Max, VA is all digital, with no paper, so there's really no point in a recount. It will, however, be three weeks before the vote totals are certified, so stop holding your breath. Unless the GOP breaks out the lawyers on this one and contests the vote in court, ala Florida 00 or Ohio 04, the Dems got both houses.

That's the reality, and I'm good with it. As Blanco said, it's up to the Democrats to prove they can actually do more in the way of governance than mere obstructionism now. If they can, we will have a better country to show for it. The best wars ever fought in modern times were prosecuted by unity governments. Hopefully, the finger-pointing can stop and the left will take up the reins on a fight that should have been theirs from the beginning.

I'm really quite anxious to see this plan of theirs they've been touting. They've been working on it in secret for so long now, I'm sure it must be impressive as hell.

Bush's speech today was revealing. He acted as if his guest worker baby had just slipped his mind. He somehow forgot that the only thing standing in the way of a program he campaigned on in 99 and 03, his masterwork, was a Congress and Senate dominated by members of his own party. With Rummy gone, the new leaders of the Legislative Branch kind of have to get to work, don't they?

It's time for a new direction. I'm ready.

I made a point to listen to as much of Boortz, Limbaugh and Hannity as I could today... I wouldn't have missed their shows on this day for the world. I can't wait for Savage! Rush really surprised me. Bush's speech aired during his show, but he'd already become audibly unhinged before the announcement of Rumsfeld's departure. He actually admitted relief at not being in the position of having to "stick his neck out" for Republicans that simply haven't been doing their jobs. He confessed to being a GOP shill.

Nothing the Democrats have done in the last 5 years has impressed me, politically, strategically or morally. I think some new blood has the potential for positive steps in a better direction, but I have little or no confidence that the Party of Pelosi has it in it to know good from bad, right from wrong. If they can adjust their framework away from win vs loss and actually govern instead of just bitch about everything that happens, this might just be a great time in History.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush Limbaugh
I feel liberated, and I'm going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
was never good
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 06:26 PM       
that picture makes me feel bad :<
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 08:05 PM       
That picture made me crack up even more. Her face is so absolutely priceless, I can't help it.

And that kid on the right looks like a deer in the headlights. I'm making this my desktop background.
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 09:50 PM       
I love their outfits

Oh well, poor spoiled brats.
Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:01 PM       
It was kinda cool seeing Limbaugh speaking so frankly about this election. Party ideology aside, these Republicans deserved to lose because of corruption etc.
=======

Old Nov 8th, 2006, 10:33 PM       
Yes, because only half the politicians are the corrupt ones.

Yep.

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:10 PM       
All politicians are corrupt. They just run over different people to get to where they are. And the R's were running over friends of mine, so the D's got my vote this time.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 8th, 2006, 11:52 PM       
"And that kid on the right looks like a deer in the headlights."

DOE!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 11:45 AM       
But didn't Limbaugh aslo basically admit

"Fans, I was lying to you and if you didn't know that, you're stupid. I'm a shill, a liar, a jester, and if you ever take me seriously afgain you've learned nothing, but that's what I'm counting on."
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:23 PM       
I read somewhere that if you pop a tab of oxycontin before a lie detector test, you're most likely going to pass.
Mocker
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I didn't mean you should say who it was, just if it was strictly gun for hire stuff or if it had a leaning. No wonder your sour on liberalism. I would be too.
yeah, not gun for hire. Mostly liberal interest groups and a few Dems here and there.
Well, if you hate your job you could always move back to Albany. I hear Spitzer's hiring...
Mocker
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 04:20 PM       
Don't hate my job.