Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 05:00 AM        The Insane Halloween Scarecrow Alley At Lombardi Ranch!
Automatically generated comment thread for The Insane Halloween Scarecrow Alley At Lombardi Ranch!.

Last edited by Mockery : Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:18 PM.
Forum Virgin
Joel3K is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM       
A wealth of riches, -RoG-! Some random observations:

"they're not gonna scare any crows away when they built a house to welcome 'em": wouldn't they be even more afraid of what surprises might lie anywhere near what is likely a haunted house?

Did Sam make an appearance? By now, it definitely feels dated if the Saw mascot shows up but not the Trick 'r Treat one!

Isn't 777 traditionally a symbol of good, a sort of anti-666? Though that would be appropriate after all...

It's pretty clear why Superman is wearing camouflage. If he blends in with the corn, the crows will be even more scared than if he was wearing his usual colorful outfit, since they can never tell when he's there!

A real shame that you didn't get a photo of the hand big enough to hold that "handful of the pumpkins they had for picking". What sort of giant creature did it belong to?

I was surprised that the petting zoo sign didn't read "evil petting zoo".

The first photo inside the corn maze was so reminiscent of those Myst-era early CD-ROM games, I half expected it to be image-mapped with the left and right turns each leading to different images from farther inside the maze!
A-bomb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 04:08 PM       
Holy crap. All those displays featuring cute monsters and corny jokes, and then come the Dr. Seuss horrors telling you to go on a killing spree. That's nightmare fuel.
Forum Virgin
MasterD is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 05:42 PM       
Cheap and reasonable prices. $3.00-$5.00 range (with the exception of "funpacks") for tickets and activities. You don't get that. I mean, if I was displaying Hellish-Cat-In-The-Hat with Evil Thing 1 and Evil Thing 2, you can bet I'd raise the price. Sidenote: Isn't it annoying to see so much Minecraft? Displays, merchandise, etc.? Wasn't it supposed to be popular last year? Not this year?
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 09:12 PM       
Wow, I had no idea that place would be so massive!
Very cool photo tour.
Forum Virgin
MasterD is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2013, 11:19 PM       
Well destire, it can be massive. Too bad RoG didn't have an aerial view map like this one:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/71083817.jpg

Last edited by Mockery : Oct 24th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 05:47 AM       
Joel3K - Sam did not make an appearance, though he may have been hiding somewhere in the corn. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him as he'd make an awesome scarecrow, albeit a short one.

A-bomb - Yeah, the Cat in the Hat one was so unexpectedly dark haha. Just one of the many things that made Scarecrow Alley an amazing Halloween spectacle.

MasterD - Indeed. The prices were totally reasonable, and I was surprised they weren't charging people to go into the Scarecrow Alley since it was my favorite part of the entire ranch.

dextire - Yeah, as seen in that aerial photo D just linked to, it's a large place. Plenty of room for expansion in the future too.
Im one good looking Troll
monster_movie_night is probably a spambot
Old Oct 29th, 2013, 12:17 AM       
I remembered that place I once went there with my family and a friend between the year 93-94. They once had a Ferris Wheel that look like it was made in the 60's.In the corn maze they had a scarecrow that appears to be sitting still and the guy was wearing makeup my dad was talking to him for 5 minutes and I even remembered the puppet witch that likes to talk to people.

Looking at it now the owner no longer works there and he somehow managed to have a bunch of 9-11 years old kids do most of decorations . It look like it had taken months or even a year to get the whole place done . I hope those kids got paid or else all that work was worth nothing.