Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM       
I think part of the confusion here is the use of the word "posts".

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 03:22 PM       
Ok, since there's obviously some confusion, lemme show you guys how they work. vBulletin now has a blog plug-in available and I thought some of you might be interested in it. Please check out all of the following links to help get a better understanding of how it would work (obviously, it would look like I-Mockery and wouldn't be the bright white design that they have):

Info about the features of vBulletin blog:
http://www.vbulletin.com/features_blog.php

Here's the blog homepage on a forum:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php

Here's a test user trying it out:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?u=19405

Here's that same user with a bunch of comments in one of his blogs:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2

Hope this clears up some of the questions you guys have about it. And yes, there are some other sites out there that have implemented both forums and user blogs such as Newgrounds and Destructoid.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 05:10 PM       
I like how Destructoid promotes super fly stories to tthe main page. Could ya incorporate something similar here? That'd be freakin' tight.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM       
The example content wise makes me feel like it's an even worse idea than before.

I've seen those Destructoid blogs when I use to read the site for videogame news and those are nothing but flame baiting and "I bought something today" posts. It was just an uneeded extension to their already abysmal comment section. I think the only reason why anyone would read someone's blog is to find information to make fun of them. Most people here who are interesting enough already have their own blogs somewhere else. I don't see myself reading anyone's blog or making them. The message boards eat up enough of my time.

Added: Also, I don't want people spamming their new blog entries around the forums especially in the chat thread. It's bad enough hearing people complain about boring shit there and I don't need links to longer versions of that boring shit. BUT THAT'S JUST ME, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 12th, 2008, 10:29 PM       
Those examples are pretty much exactly what I thought they'd be. I still don't understand why entries like that couldn't be posts in chat or their own threads.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 03:45 AM       
yeah, shit sucks. chat threads are where it's at