Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM       
Yeah Pent, that's what I mean. I think he got off lighter than I would like, I want to see him get mauled to death by 12 attack dogs, but if we don't accept that he was punished and is now free to start again, then it diminished the fact that we got any recourse at all and people will say "Why bother? The animal rights group will never be satisfied anyways".
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Yeah Pent, that's what I mean. I think he got off lighter than I would like, I want to see him get mauled to death by 12 attack dogs, but if we don't accept that he was punished and is now free to start again, then it diminished the fact that we got any recourse at all and people will say "Why bother? The animal rights group will never be satisfied anyways".
Too bad more people can't think that rationally Tadeo.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:52 AM       
Another argument I am hearing is, "he isn't genuinely sorry. He only regrets what happened because of all that he lost"

Well, yeah. We call that punishment, it's how we teach right from wrong. If the lesson sinks in, who really should care if he is 'genuinely sorry'? As long as he doesn't do it again then mission accomplished. Results are what matters, and in this case the desired results are teaching Vick that animal cruelty is not tolerated. I think he learned this.

Let's put it this way, does anyone complaining know how to go back in time and stop Vick from hurting dogs in the first place? No, you can't change the past you can only change the future.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Another argument I am hearing is, "he isn't genuinely sorry. He only regrets what happened because of all that he lost"
ONYA MATE!

Does anyone really think that ANYONE would be truly sorry for something heinous they had done if they never got caught? This is what "second chances" are about, people! Get over it. He paid his dues, he got conditionally reinstated, the Eagles took a flyer on him (I'm still in shock, I admit it) and he's promised to work with the Humane Society to address the horrible problem we have in Philly with dogfighting.

If he begins to save a few animals from death and destruction, I'm thinking his transformation will be de facto complete.

And the latest poll suggests Philly fans are pretty much split down the middle as to whether this is a good thing for the Eagles. The pendulum is already starting to swing the other way.
You may already be there.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM       
Thay got him cheap and can experiment with him. It isn't a bad deal. I just don't see too much coming out of it. The Wild Cat was just a gimmick. It's not that its so new and innovative defensive coordinators have no answer. It is more of a case of it being so high school no one at first was prepared for it.

No defense in the NFC East is going to get beat by it.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 09:44 PM       
Anything that can give the Eagles a new look from inside the 20 is a good thing. They're PATHETIC in the red zone.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM       
The Wildcat is not unanswerable, I'll grant you that.

But Vick is if nothing else another weapon in the Eagles arsenal. He can catch, he can run, he can throw. You put him in the backfield and the defense has to guess if he will run it, be part of a flea flicker, be a threat as a receiver, or a decoy while someone else becomes open from the eyes on Vick. This move has serious offensive potential for the Eagles. I think it was a shrewed move and worth this temporary PR hit they will take. If it pays off, the PR will cease to matter because everyone forgives a hefty number in the W column.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 10:50 PM       
Hey, let's get Michael Vick off the effing front page already!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

Anybody seen WhiteRat? :D

EDIT: Maybe he just likes unretiring? After all, this was posted only about 2 months ago. There's still time to retire, and unretire before the season starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
{posted 6-18-09} Pretty much set in stone that Favre is going to the Vikings....
And once again, Pentagarn is right about Brett Favre. Time to bring back the old avatar.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 18th, 2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: research
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM       
Apparently I am the Favre prognosticator.

For the record, I would rather have x-ray vision, or the ability to fly, heck I would take the lame Wonder Twin power where I can only change to forms of water or I would even rather be The Falcon :P
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM       
Wonder Twins Powers: ACTIVATE!

Shape of ...... an Ewok!
Form of ...... a Lemon Slushee!

God, but these guys were so gay. And I'm gay for KNOWING about them!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
Seriously, though, where's WhiteRat? Still wearin' those army shoes?
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 01:48 AM       
As an Eagles fan, and a dog lover, I am very conflicted about this.

On the one had, its sad to see such a piece of shit once again becoming rich, when he really doesn't give a fuck about what he did

On the other, realistically, I shouldn't give a shit about someone's private life, because it has little to do with football.

I mean, if I cared, thats like caring about Michael Jackson being a pedophile. In theory, I shouldn't give a shit about where the music comes from, just as long as it sounds good.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 03:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Prompt View Post
On the one had, its sad to see such a piece of shit once again becoming rich, when he really doesn't give a fuck about what he did
As long as he doesn't do it again, then the punishment did what it was supposed to do.

Thing is, we really don't know what he is thinking. Could be that after hearing from people who were outraged he did come to regret the pain he caused his fans. Just as possible he deep down isn't sorry at all about anything other than he got caught. Only Michael Vick and the Almighty will ever know for sure. What matters at this point is he is donating time and money toward saving animals, and regardless about his true feelings about what he did, this money and time will be effective in helping dogs.

But enough about that, Plaxico Burress says he didn't know he shot himself

http://www.canada.com/Burress+said+d...318/story.html

I have fired a .40 caliber Glock. I can assure you that sound alone will tell you when you fire a Glock, not to mention the kick it has, in addition to the fact that you will notice something when the bullet pierces your skin. Moreover, you have to try to fire a Glock because of the trigger safety, so his claims that he accidentally fired while he was getting it out of his pants is dubious. More likely, he was playing with the gun and it did what guns do to stupid gun owners.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 09:30 PM       
If you're really pissed off about Vick's reinstatement, don't get mad at the Eagles; go out and adopt a shelter dog or cat. Put your collective money and time and energy where your mouth is and rail against the abuse of innocent animals with a tangible response rather than empty rhetoric.

Just sayin.

@Pentegarn - You'd think the fact that he could no longer walk would have been a giveaway?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM       
Am I the only one eagerly anticipating Dante Stallworth's return to the league? Will he get the same hoopla as Vick?

Let's be honest, the real reason he went to jail wasn't animal cruelty, it was tax evasion. No one would have heard about this if the IRS got their cut.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Seriously, though, where's WhiteRat? Still wearin' those army shoes?
I'm still around, just haven't really felt like checking out the ol' Mockery site a whole lot these days. I'm also trying to fend off the Favre Mania pandemic here in Minnesota. I've also been spending my time away from the site by gearing up for this brand spankin' new beauty, which I have season tickets for:

It's almost mind-boggling to see and hear the pure Favre ball licking that people are giving him. One of the news stations even did their entire newscast from outside the ToiletDome before the preseason game last week.

I don't think he's going to give us an automatic Super Bowl, as there are just too many questions floating around him. Will his shoulder and or bicep hold up? Can he keep taking hits? Is the drive to win still strong?

I'm happy to have him, if not for the upgrade at the QB position, but for the pants shitting that is going on over in Wisconsin. It's hilarious. They are even talking about donating Favre Packer jerseys to the homeless.

The Lord and Saviour of Sconnie has betrayed them and I'm enjoying every minute of it.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 12:04 AM       
Brandon Marshall is acting much worse than TO ever has. Fuckin' pussy!

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/vide...420/index.html
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 06:41 AM       
Now whoever said some NFL players were pampered babies who acted petulant and defiant when they didn't get exactly what they wanted?

Oh, wait ...
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM       
Too bad for Marshall. A few thoughts regarding him

1) You're stuck in your contract, if you flop in protest, that will be what every team remembers come new contract time.

2) I have heard Marshall threaten to refuse to learn the new offensive system, Big deal, right now Denver's offensive system is for Kyle Orton to throw it to the other team so Marshall doesn't really have anything to remember
Beloved Cunt
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM       
I heard today that he got suspended.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
I hope he goes and does a few pushups in his driveway.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 06:52 PM       
I watched the Pats and the Skins play last night pre season, was a pretty good game. Or I really missed football and anything is good to me that is football right now.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 09:51 PM       
It won't last long .... I hope.
Go ADOOO
adooo is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM       
who here thinks brett favre should play, i think he should just retire