Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM       
When I was younger, I would have that "waking paralysis" dream, where I knew I was asleep, tried to wake myself up, couldn't, dreamt I woke up and got up, then realized again I was dreaming, and could not move again - over and over and over. Aaaaargh! Frustrating as all getout.

I don't know when I stopped having these dreams - maybe when I gave up sleep.
You may already be there.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:00 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
I've never had waking paralysis, but it sounds terrible. Your body can really screw you over. LordSappinton, how'd you get the alien into the picture? Photoshop?
I didn't make it; I got it on /x/ ages ago, and I used to just be kinda creeped out by it. Then, I showed it to my friend, and all of a sudden, BAM alien hallucinations!
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I didn't make it; I got it on /x/ ages ago, and I used to just be kinda creeped out by it. Then, I showed it to my friend, and all of a sudden, BAM alien hallucinations!
Sorry, that sucks.

I had such a ridiculous dream last night! I dreamt that there was some news column going around about "smart African Americans". From what I can remember, it was like Bush was still president and he did some screw-up that the article claimed made people start to try to make money by "finding smart African American children and adopting them out to make money", somehow because the idea of having such a child was becomming more popular. The picture that went with the story was of a little white child and a little black child sitting in an airplane with the black child reading a book (it was one of those old fashioned pictures too, not quite a caricature but not an actual photograph). Of course the kicker was that, in my dream, the article was just a joke written by a satiral source not unlike the Onion. But it had snowballed out so that there were now people who thought it really was real and were furious over it.

Oh, and I remember a part of a dream where I was running from my house, being chased by the minions of the Queen of Hearts, who wanted me beheaded for whatever reason. As I ran from my house, I heard her scream to them "Don't come back until you have her blood!" I escaped when I realized that I was watching myself run from the third person (and not first person viewpoint), and thus knew I was dreaming and woke up.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:59 AM       
I had a dream that the mayor of Whoville needed help to feed his dog. I helped him work the can opener and fed the dog. As a reward he gave me a big box of those weird toys and musical instruments. As I was walking out my mom shows up and takes the box and tells me it should go to charity, then she kept the stuff for herself.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 06:48 PM       
I rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they're...interesting. Like last night, when I dreamt that I was Ulysses S. Grant, and that with the help of some kids I discovered a secret floor in the White House where all the other president's ghosts hang out. They had a bunch of future technology, which they entrusted one of the kids to protect. Then the ghosts made us leave without him, and told me they'd burn down the White House if they didn't.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:20 PM       
Write that into a book. You're golden.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:33 PM       
Sometimes I think I should record my dreams, and then leave it lying around. They'd freak out anyone who'd try to read it.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:38 AM       
Yeah. "Hey, what's this? This looks interes - what sort of a live does this guy live?!?"

Last night, I sort of had a dream mish-mash. The first part was a horror movie-esque thing where two teenage girls were staying together but no one else was with them and they felt they were slowly being cut off from the world somehow. They called a policeman who dismissed their fears but left them a police dog for protection. Fast forward to them finding that the killer who was coming after them mangled the dog.

Then there was a part where I was playing/in a Paper Mario-type video game, in a level which looked like my elementary school playground. I called one of my newly recruited sidekicks to help. She was a chef and somehow stopped the bad guy by feeding him.

The last part was some detective thing which I suspect tied into the killer part. My mom and I were walking around, trying to find a murderer. Along the way, we saw three guys who were in wheelchairs and missing legs, to the point where one actually had nothing below the waist. I was inexplicably in a wheelchair at this time, but was out of it later. Also, two of the guys were seen walking around later. I remember there was this mystic store with a lot of Halloween and dragon related merchandise along with a restaurant, but it was never fully open (at one point, a sign said people could go in and look but couldn't actually buy anything). I kept thinking that it was somehow related to the murderer, but no one listened.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM       
I had a fantastic dream last night where my ex was dressed as Jackie Onassis.

People who know about dreams: Is it possible to force yourself to dream certain things? Say, for instance, if I looked at lots of women in pink dress-suit ensembles I could make myself dream of that.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 03:55 PM       
It's possible, but not reliable. I sometimes dream about stuff I think about before sleeping (like when I was certain I was getting a terrible grade, I dreamt that I got straight Cs in everything). And if I fall asleep while listening to something, that usually incorporates itself in my dreams (like the Tropic Thunder one).
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 04:08 PM       
I had a dream that I was trapped under a frozen pond, that sort of feels like my life right now :/
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 05:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
I had a dream that I was trapped under a frozen pond, that sort of feels like my life right now :/
you should totally go blog about that.
Banned

MajorScales is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

I saw this in the theater when it came out...

That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM       
Oh yes, and a couple of days ago, I had a dream that was exactly this,

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/509839

repeating over with subtle changes in color everytime, untill the end where instead of just having anusboy waking up, it had a burn victim killing him.
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangie View Post
you should totally go blog about that.

Oh really?! Do you wanna read all about it when I do? <3333333333

Insane Writer
Old Sep 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM       
I dreamt last night that I was visiting a yard sale which was, for some inexplicable reason, in my brother's bedroom. One of the things there was a "Littlest Pet Shop" house with small toy animals in it which I desperately wanted to buy, but knew that if I brought it home my mom would kill me (I used to have one in real life, btw, just so you know where that came from). As I admired the toy pet shop, I somehow noticed that it was actually a sort of pop-up play book and that I could turn the pages and get other settings to play with the little animals in. I then turned my attention to a stack of books for sale. I was looking for one in particular, a book about a vampire (a fire vampire, I seem to recall, or some association with red besides blood). I'd been telling someone - my brother I think - about this vampire character and the person I was talking to had been asking me about the character's history, how he became a vampire, took up his mission (which I can't remember now), etc. I handed him the book and started to talk about the character, but couldn't answer the question because, quite simply, the book never actually addresses the vampire's backstory. When I couldn't answer the question, the person thought I was jerking them around and got angry with me.

I suspect the dream came from my pre-sleep meditations on the Twilight series somehow.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 08:01 AM       
Your subconscious is telling you to write that book, about the fire vampire. If you write it, they will buy it. I'm not kidding.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:24 PM       
I haven't been able to remember my dreams for about a week, which is really weird for me.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 03:20 PM       
You really think so Colonel? Sounds like a fun challenge.

I've had three dreams today which I can remember. The first was that I was still myself, but I was supposed to be a guy somehow (I think I was supposed to be Piro, from Megatokyo). I was in Japan, in a shop of some sort, waiting for a girl to meet me. She was supposed to be my love interest (keep mind I was supposed to be a guy) and I only learned at that minute that she would be coming. So I desperately began looking through the merchandise for something to give her when she got there. There was a lot of trinkets: jewelry, lacquered boxes, charms, that sort of thing, and I loved them all but everything was either not good enough or too expensive.

The second dream was that my mom and brother and I were at some abandoned-type hotel where we had stayed before for camp or something. There was literally no vegetation and the entire ground was this reddish clay-like stuff. Down the hill from the hotel was a beach, which I seemed to recall having splashed around in for a bit. Somehow, it fast-forwarded to us trying to go back to the hotel, only to find that it had been torn down, renovated, and made into a fancy resort. While this was much more green and colorful than before, I found that it had become too modern and sterile, losing the authentic charm I found it had before.

My third dream just sucked. It took place in my elementary school playground, where there were a lot of people my age, who I presume were suppoesd to be on my high school's track team. My dollhouse was set up there, but I seemed to have a second one, set up down in some woods by the playground. As I ran through the woods, I saw various puppets and dolls (several of which I own or used to own in real life) lying on the ground. I gathered them up to play with, planning on making the older female puppets magical witches all with a "grandma" title, but I never really got back to them. My bf was supposed to be there, but I never really saw him. He was supposed to have this large amount of little plastic people and other things which people would use to decorate a village under a Christmas Tree. I wanted to use them in my dollhouse and asked him if I could have them because he didn't want them anymore. He said fine and I helped myself. I later learned that this caused a lot of controversy because it seemed that passing on those things was a big deal and him giving them to me looked like nepotism. Shortly after, I caught one of the track team guys wearing my sandals, which was weird because I left my sandals in my bedroom so I had no idea how he got them. I chased him around for them back until the track team coach stopped us both. While he talked to both of us, he made some veiled threat to me to mind my own business, which seemed rather unfair to me (after all, it was the other guy who stole something from me). I went to where my doll house was (the one not in the woods) and found that the track team was setting up an elaborate train station model around it. This got me really angry and I yelled at them to leave my dollhouse alone. Instead, everyone just laughed at me. That's about where it ended.

Oh, and there was a bit where I was standing in the ocean up to my waist in water with a geek-ish fellow who I was friends with in the dream. I had somehow caught in the water two tiny beautiful pots which I planned to put in the dollhouse as well. I was using the water to wash the dirt off and if the light hit them just right, there were beautiful rainbows. I also kept making some weird analogy to paying for services with a diamond, can't quite remember that bit...
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM       
I finally had one I remembered. I was sailing on some olden-times ship (like a tourist version of a pirate ship) down a river. There were branches with fruit overhanging the water...I think they were some sort of nectarine or something. I reached up and picked a bunch of it, and then I made some sort of godawful cheesecake that had nectarine filling and a crust of dead leaves on top. Someone ate it and then tactfully told me it was very "cheesy".

The end of that dream was the ship docking in my grandmother's backyard, which is a puzzler because her house is in the hills with no water nearby.

Another dream I had was some sort of shit about the life of Miley Cyrus, but then I woke up and there was a Miley Cyrus biography on TV, so that's where that came from.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM       
I dunno, a cake with a nectarine filling sounds kind of tasty. Except for the dead leaves bit of course.

I had two dreams last night. The first sort of jumped around. It started with me on a beach area where I met this guy and his daughter who looked exactly like Princess Tiana from Disney's The Princess and the Frog (I watched the trailer that day, so that could be why). Then it sort of jumped to me being in a rehersal for a production of Les Miserables, only no one could remember the exact steps for the one song. We sort of were winging it and I kept expecting the director to stop us, only he never did. Also, I had the song for the opening of The Chorus Line in my head, so as I danced I kept resisting the urge to sing "God I hope I get it, I hope I get it, how many people does he need?" It then jumped ahead. I was in a school (closest I could think is my elementary school) and I was somehow in possession of a snake called the Red Garter Snake. I was nervous about carrying this thing with me, because the species was poisonous and I was terrified of being bitten. Still, I felt guilty about just abandoning it outside, so I wanted to find a Biology teacher to take it in. I finally found a teacher, but he was too busy (and a Lit teacher anyway) to take it in. I finally thought "screw it" and decided to release the snake outside into my backyard. As I set it on the ground, the teacher yelled at me to throw a foam keychain at it so it would be distracted and not come after me for revenge for carrying it around for so long. I did this, but it still came after me as I ran for the door and somehow bit me and followed me into the house. The dream ended about there.

The second dream started with me in a building on my college campus. I was somehow teamed up with Sailors Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto and I think I was supposed to be Sailor Mars. We were running down a series of flights of steps to where something secret and important was hidden. For some reason, I was the only one who could see the last flight of steps. When we got to the bottom, I saw a gap in the wall, small but we could still squeeze through. As we were about to go through, I heard someone coming out and we all hid behind a conveniently-located piano. Unfortunately, we were seen as the people (bad guys) came up the stairs. I tried some Sailor Mars-esque attack, but nothing happened besides me just screaming "Mars Fireball!" (or whatever it was) and looking like an idiot. It then cut to me in an attack with Harry Potter and his friends. We had pulled up some floorboards and found underneat a black net holding a wooden box. Harry wanted to put the box back unopened because even though it held a vital clue to solving whatever mystery we were following, he felt that some things were best left unknown (this entire part had a Lemony Snicket feel, btw). I basically was like "Screw that!" and opened the box to find a large tangled set of earphones. Even though they weren't connected to anything, when I put them on I could hear a recording in them. The recording started out by giving special instructions on how to remove lemon juice from cloth and I remembered that we were supposed to know this as the password for a special lock. It kept going on like this, giving secrets. And then my parents decided that I'd slept enough and woke me up so I never did solve the mystery.
Insane Writer
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 10:54 AM       
My first dream last night was weird but the second was actually pretty cool.

The first dream was like I was reading New Moon and in it, Jacob the werewolf had imprinted on someone and as a result, Bella became pregnant. Only, she never looked pregnant when Jacob and/or Edward were around. It ended with her having a mortal baby boy who is taken away and I remember closing the book and thinking "Wtf? She's perfectly happy in Breaking Dawn to have her immortal semi-sparkly daughter with Edward but makes no effort to track down her mortal son sorta-conceived by Jacob? Ugh!

The second dream was that I was in post-apocalyptic building full of people evacuating and a Terminator was coming after them. I think it was supposed to somehow be the first Terminator movie, except that the Terminator wasn't Ahnold, it looked more like Freddy Kruger. The cool part though was that I was a Terminator also, sent back in time to fight the bad one. I could melt into silver puddles to travel faster and basically shot the bad Terminator to knock it back so people could escape.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 12:35 PM       
I dreamed that I worked at Dunder-Mifflin and the rest of the office had gone on some trip. I stayed behind and hid in a factory. Hilarity ensued when I tried to sneak back in among the group and had to run a veritable obstacle course of factory equipment. At one point I had to make a running leap for a large oven door, grab the handle, and let the door fall down until I could touch the platform below with my toes.

I think maybe I watch too much TV.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM       
My current love interest and I were talking about all kinds of wonderfully morbid things, like death and things that terrify us. I guess it stressed me out enough to have another paralysis bout, and my hallucinations were her next to me on the bed, throat cut and gurgling blood out of it. I didn't go back to sleep.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:14 AM       
Dude needs some Xanax.