Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM       
6 > 7 > 5

That's literally it. I guess 1 is ok too if you're a masochist but there are better grind RPGs out there.

Edit: then again, on reflection I had fun with it for a while after I got over the whole "zomg I'm playing the very first Final Fantasy!" thing. I quit after I got to the volcano because fuck that shit, I'd need like a billion potions to get to the boss with any health left, and it was a long-ass dungeon that I'd surely be low on magic by the end of.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jun 18th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
7 just 6 in 3D, except it got boring after you reached the world map.

Also, 12 is where it's at, and anyone who disagrees will be split into 4 buttcheeks and fucked in the middle of them. However, you opinion will still be different from mine and I will respect that
6 and 7 are different enough. 6 has the stronger cast but 7 has the better battlesystem imo. BUT itīs mainly about which a person has played first. I for example played 7 first since 6 never made it to Germany before the Anthology in 2002, so my ties to that one arenīt as strong since 7 was my first FF...if you donīt count Mystic Quest.

12 on the other hand...12 had two problems. The Cast and the Story. First the story. Itīs political and war-ish. While that works most excellently for Suikoden games, it doesnīt for FF, I expect something grand there and 12 didnīt deliver any of that. It was sluggish and dumb. Second, the cast. Vaan is the WORST character in a FF game ever. There, I said it. He is worse than Hope, worse than Vanille, worse than Yuna. Why? Because heīs the fucking main character.
It doesnīt work, heīs a 5-year old barechested vest-wearing rascal and that is...just horrible. Honestly, I never finished the game or played further than about 30% because of this one design-choice. Had they made Bash the MC and the story about him, I wouldīve played the shit out of that game.

Oh and the License-system was stupid as hell, but the battlesystem in general was good
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM       
i kind of like the storyy for seven better its all, "YOURE A CRAZY FUCK YOU DUMB PATHETIC MOTHERFUCKER"

thats basically clouds story
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:04 AM       
It would have been better if Cloud died instead of Aeris, or whatever he name was, and it just ended there.
drifting in the void
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM       
Cloud was nowhere near as stupid as Squall or Vaan Though I prefer Locke or Zidane as MCs. Especially Z. was refreshing after those two dumbasses before him...

Btw. Cloud is a great example of a very specific...errr thing in JRPGing. Things that are written are not as stupid as if they were spoken. Just look over to 10 or 13.
One of the things that makes 13 as horribly bad as it is is the spoken text. You just don´t SAY these things. It´s okay if they appear as text but once someone says words like that it kind of crosses a line for me and becomes cheesy and bad, embarassing even.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
6 and 7 are different enough. 6 has the stronger cast but 7 has the better battlesystem imo. BUT itīs mainly about which a person has played first. I for example played 7 first since 6 never made it to Germany before the Anthology in 2002, so my ties to that one arenīt as strong since 7 was my first FF...if you donīt count Mystic Quest.

12 on the other hand...12 had two problems. The Cast and the Story. First the story. Itīs political and war-ish. While that works most excellently for Suikoden games, it doesnīt for FF, I expect something grand there and 12 didnīt deliver any of that. It was sluggish and dumb. Second, the cast. Vaan is the WORST character in a FF game ever. There, I said it. He is worse than Hope, worse than Vanille, worse than Yuna. Why? Because heīs the fucking main character.
It doesnīt work, heīs a 5-year old barechested vest-wearing rascal and that is...just horrible. Honestly, I never finished the game or played further than about 30% because of this one design-choice. Had they made Bash the MC and the story about him, I wouldīve played the shit out of that game.

Oh and the License-system was stupid as hell, but the battlesystem in general was good
I guess Vaan was added kinda last minute to appeal more to(I don't know who....but someone) and the main char was supposed to be sword guy(the one with the twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
It would have been better if Cloud died instead of Aeris, or whatever he name was, and it just ended there.
Then you got to play as Zack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i kind of like the storyy for seven better its all, "YOURE A CRAZY FUCK YOU DUMB PATHETIC MOTHERFUCKER"

thats basically clouds story
and he's not even real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Though I prefer Locke or Zidane as MCs.
:HIGHFIVE
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM       
Anyone from 6 is better than anyone else.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:34 PM       
Vaan was added per order of the SquareEnix execs who felt Basch wasn't a lead who could resonate with women, their most popular audience in Japanland. It was supposed to be about Basch being betrayed by his brother, being sentenced, escaping, and righting the wrongs that were done over the years, which stuck in the final game but was downplayed when Matsuno left the project out of spite.

Once the party is formed proper, Vaan really doesn't say a damn thing; it's about Ashe and Basch. At that point, he really stops being annoying and just becomes a perspective for the player. And there are waaaaaaay more retarded FF characters.

As for FF12 being political, I'm totally for it. Matsuno specializes in that (FFT, Tactics Ogre), and quite frankly the "ragtag group of teens fight a wizard who wants to be a god and send us up the bomb" is overplayed and pretty juvenile once you're no longer 13 and listening to Linkin Park. In FF12, if the good guys lose, everything pretty much stays the way it is (a world post-bad-guys-winning). And the political influence lends to some pretty great characters like Larsa and and Cid. Even Balthier had a history with the Judges.

Lastly, Zodiac International changed the license board. It's generally considered the superior version if you have the means to emulate/burn it.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM       
I wanted to play the international version.

Ff 13-2 is coming out. It sounds better than 13
drifting in the void
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 03:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Once the party is formed proper, Vaan really doesn't say a damn thing; it's about Ashe and Basch. At that point, he really stops being annoying and just becomes a perspective for the player. And there are waaaaaaay more retarded FF characters.

As for FF12 being political, I'm totally for it. Matsuno specializes in that (FFT, Tactics Ogre), and quite frankly the "ragtag group of teens fight a wizard who wants to be a god and send us up the bomb" is overplayed and pretty juvenile once you're no longer 13 and listening to Linkin Park. In FF12, if the good guys lose, everything pretty much stays the way it is (a world post-bad-guys-winning). And the political influence lends to some pretty great characters like Larsa and and Cid. Even Balthier had a history with the Judges.

Lastly, Zodiac International changed the license board. It's generally considered the superior version if you have the means to emulate/burn it.

I just wish Vaan wouldnīt dress like...like whatever heīs dressed like. Boy-Hooker? I donīt know. 12 wouldīve been REALLY good, had they stuck with the original Basch-MC-Idea (I knew that, I just try to supress that sad knowledge).

Concerning the political plot...I donīt mind them, fuck, one of the best fantasy stories there is is mainly about politics (Ice and Fire) but in FF I want to see some classic World-saver-story or at least something more meaty than the story of 12 as far as Iīve seen it. There wasnīt enough magic in the world thatīs how Iīd describe it.

And the Zodiac edition...I think FF13 killed that series for me for a while at least...donīt really feel like importing that thing...

Ah well, letīs just wait and see what happens with Versus cause Iīm pretty sure 13-2 will be the same shit 13 was...horrible game.
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM       
I was reading an article about 13-2 and it sounds like they fixed a lot of the garbage. They still use the same battle system. THERE ARE TOWNS NOW!!! AND DUNGEONS WITH DIFFERENT PATHS!!!!! AND TREASURESSS!!!!!

So its not just a tube run anymore.
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 10:35 AM       
Holy crap. I might have to play that.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:05 AM       

i traded ff13 for red dead redemption

totally worth it. I'll just wait another couple of years until ff13 is like 5 dollars at gamestop.

also locke was pretty cool. THATS WHO I DRESSED AS FOR HOLLOWEEN WHEN I WAS LIKE SEVEN
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM       
lol, that's who I dressed up as when I was 19. I took the pendant from Lunar 2 and took a white t-shirt and sharpie'd tiger stripes onto it.

him and ness(from ebound) represent my xbox name too.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Jun 21st, 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: out of earthbounds