Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 01:42 PM       
Though, it IS important to remember that the only large city in America with absolutely NO redeeming qualities is Atlanta, Georgia: it's a city inhabited by mongrels, representing the worst of American black culture in a codependent relationship with Nouveau Riche white trash.

This is further complicated by inexplicable success and delusional self-importance, traits only exceeded by a stupidity and (strangely) semi-educated ignorance that can only be attained through generations of inbreeding

Back on topic, BATTLESHIP IS A COOL GAME BRA
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 01:45 PM       
I played clue the other day. Guessed Prof Plum in the ballroom with the leadpipe and lost. Girlfriend had the leadpipe and she ending up winning.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2010, 08:02 PM       
i wanna play clue, dammit
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 05:13 AM       
I dunno, I always hated Clue (which for some reason is called "Cluedo" over here), mainly because we always play it with...that specific friend of mine. He has this daemonic luck and skill at any kind of boardgame itīs really not much fun anymore sometimes...
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 10:32 AM       
I want to play Master Clue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo_Master_Detective

There's poison and a horsehoe....and a french con artist!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM       

I've never actually played it, and I always figured it was a game for adults, so I just steered clear of it. I guess I'm allowed to play it now.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 04:51 AM       

Bellevue, WA, February 15, 2010—Privateer Press has just released the official content list for its Voltron: Defender of the Universe battle miniatures game (PIP 50030).

The game, which has an MSRP of $49.99, will contain 22 pre-painted plastic figures, including Voltron, 5 Voltron Lions, 5 Galaxy Garrison Cruisers, Lo-Tron, 1 Prince Lotor’s Command Ship, 4 Robeasts, and 5 Lo-Tron Force Skull Ships. The game will also include 1 double-sided play mat, 24 specialty dice, 4 status counters, and a full-color rulebook.

“When we set out to create the first-ever Voltron tabletop miniatures game, we wanted to make sure everything about it drew the player right into the Voltron universe and thrust them front and center in the battle for control of the galaxy,” said Privateer Press Chief Creative Officer Matt Wilson. “This July, everyone who once dreamed of being part of the Voltron Force will finally have their chance to ‘form blazing sword’ and take control of the indomitable Defender of the Universe.”
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM       
Oh shit I want that.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 11:38 PM       
The pieces to this game are so lifelike!

drifting in the void
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 05:12 AM       
Goddamnit, they FINALLY shipped my Dungeon Lords...Runewars should be back in stock in about 3 weeks...wich sucks.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 09:00 AM       
Man that's a sweet costume.
drifting in the void
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 06:49 AM       
WHOO! My Runebound is finally here...giant box for not that giant of a boardgame :D

After a quick practice-play with OxBlood-Human vs. OxBlood-Undead, Human won in the 5th year. I really like the rather low downtime. Wouldn´t expect that with a strategygame like this... Also, the whole mechanics are pretty nice as far as I can tell.

Building your empire and letting heroes search for treasure at the same time is a nice thing, especially since the whole hero-thing is rather straightforward and secondary. It also has way sturdier miniatures than Starcraft, no need to fix anything this time.

Finally, I like the many way you can gather dragon runes (gather 6 and you win). You can take your enemies runes, get some by questing with your heroes, influence the wizzards council to discover some, recieve one by completing your (random) secret objective... really really nice as far as I can see...and fucking expensive. I think I never payed that much for a board game before.

But then again the whole situation is pretty bizarre. A german person importing a board game, you don´t see that every day I wonder if the whole thing will ever be released in german...would be nice since some of my friends can´t speak or read english if their life dependet on it...explaining the game to them sure will be fun.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:56 AM       
We have this old 80's board game in our closet that we've never played called Samurai Swords. It seems pretty cool (how can it not!?), but according to my brother a few pieces are missing or something (we got it used for $4 along with a Final Fantasy NES cartridge), plus ever since we got the Wii no one plays board games in this house. I dunno if anyone's ever heard of this game, but it seems pretty gigantic.

For the record, you can't beat Clue, Life or Go For Broke.
drifting in the void
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 01:10 PM       
I think the games that have seen the most daylight in the last few years around here are "Betrayal at the house on the hill" which is awesome if horribly unbalanced and - of course - not available in german. Shame. The there´s Pandemic which my best friend´s girlfriend wants to play over and over and over for some reason..still a good game. And finally there´s Prophecy and Smallworld both really excellent games.
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:46 PM       
A bunch of my friends are getting together for Wrestlemania this sunday and I'm going to try and get a copy of the H.P. Lovecraft game ahead of time.
drifting in the void
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 06:35 PM       
Which do you mean? Arkham Horror? Really good game but can take a long time to play.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 06:11 AM       
Alright, Spiel 2010 in Essen this week, aparently Germany is still kind of the the Mecca for Boardgames which is convenient for me. Gonna get some early copies of 51st State, Innovation and maybe 7 Wonders
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM       
I would definitely go to a board game convention.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 02:02 PM       
Anyone remember the Dark Tower board game? It has nothing to do with the Stephen King novels. I also am fond of Zombies! and Zombietown.
drifting in the void
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 02:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I would definitely go to a board game convention.
I´ve never been there before, I´m curious how "civil" it will be since it´s supposed to be part expo, part convention I think. And there´s a Comic-Convention there too I think.

Sadly I found out that Innovation will not be shown or sold at Essen...

But I kinda like the international links all of this has. I found out about a polish game on an american boardgame site and preorderd said game for a convention in germany. :D
SKATASTIC
Old Oct 18th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
You better not beat the polish game too quick
Spoilers!
drifting in the void
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 03:02 AM       
As long as you promise not to come over here and tell me how to play it...

Spoilers!

Spoilers!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
As long as you promise not to come over here and tell me how to play it...

Spoilers!

Spoilers!
Spoilers!

Spoilers!